Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Ladies can ye tell how early can i have an early scan?
    Last pregnancy i think it was 8.5 (6.5 wks after O) but i ovulated late this time around so should i book in for 9.5?
    My dates
    LMP Dec 4
    Ov Dec 24
    Thanks for any help just dont wanna waste money going too early but really wanna see a heartbeat cos im stessing out bigtime! :-(

Ladies can ye tell how early can i have an early scan?
    Last pregnancy i think it was 8.5 (6.5 wks after O) but i ovulated late this time around so should i book in for 9.5?
    My dates
    LMP Dec 4
    Ov Dec 24
    Thanks for any help just dont wanna waste money going too early but really wanna see a heartbeat cos im stessing out bigtime! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Fri.day I had an early scan at 6weeks 4days. We could see the heartbeat at that stage :) hope you're not stressing too much!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The earliest they would do a scan on me in order to see a definate heartbeat was 7weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I had a private scan at 8 weeks and 5 days. The place I went don't do them before 8 weeks because you often can't see a heartbeat before then and they don't want women worrying. When I had the scan the baby was just a circle with a heartbeat, that's all we could see :)

• Advertisement

thanks ill book in for 8wks so and hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cute6guru

I dont know about ye but im finding this sickness awful hard. morning sickness? ha every second of the day sickness. My diet has become bread rolls with lettuce. Cups of tea. Water....oh and fruit gums. Nothing else stays down. Any other tips ladies....Im running out of energy. Wish I was enjoying this time but very much so the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Are any of you ladies getting the whopping cough vaccination? I'm only 26 weeks but apparently it's recommended for women between 28-32 weeks.

I'm going to my doctor on Friday so I'll ask about it then but just wondering what other women are doung.

Also I read that while the HSE are advising pregnant women to get it they're not funding it so we'll have to pay for it ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Are any of you ladies getting the whopping cough vaccination? I'm only 26 weeks but apparently it's recommended for women between 28-32 weeks.

I'm going to my doctor on Friday so I'll ask about it then but just wondering what other women are doung.

Also I read that while the HSE are advising pregnant women to get it they're not funding it so we'll have to pay for it ourselves.

I heard there's an epidemic of it at the mo?! I never went for any of the injections they suggested while pregnant.. It's a very personal choice! I had it when I was a kid & remember how awful it was! Terrible that ya have to pay for it though!

Fri.Day I had early scans at 7 weeks on both my pregnancies and I could see a Splodge & heartbeat! Hope everything goes ok x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Well ladies baby lorcain arrived at 6.28pm yesterday evening after no labour (ish, i'll post full details either later or once i m home), but a very last minute very urgent c section. Lorcain weighs 5lbs3 when born and cried straight away. He's in the nicu atm due to slight breathing problems after about ten mins but he's doing absolutely wonderful they had the cbab off from lunch time until a short while ago so we were able to take him out and cuddle him for well over an hour. Neonurses are takin hin back off the cbab tomorrow and said if he remains as stable again tomorrow they might remove the feeding tubr too and said they'll see how he goes with a bottle of expressed milk before i can put him on the breast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Congrats Thumby, have been thinking of you.

Love the name. Hope his breathing stabilises soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ah congrats thumby. I hope it wasn't too traumatic in the end. Beautiful name too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Ah Thumby thats fantastic think we've all been checking to see if there would be news soon, hopefully ull have him all to yourself soon, sounds like he's doing well. hope your feeling ok after the section.. feels like an end is in sight for us feb girls now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

Congrats Thumby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Congratulations thumby great to have it all over with now look forward to every moment with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Thumby congrats!! I love his name...I hope you are doing well and I'm glad baby is ok....a fine weight for being born early! Thinking of you and the baba and I hope you both get home happy and healthy soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Huge congrats Thumby! Hope you're doing ok yourself after the section! You'll get a little better everyday hun! Take it easy though! Welcome baby Lorcain! Fine weight for a premi :) best of luck today & hope his breathing stabalises and you both get home soon xx

Congrats Thumby - so thrilled for you, and looking forward to hearing the birth story. After all that waiting around and you ended with an emergency c section!

Glad you are both doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Congrats thumby! Great news, glad to hear mum and babs are recovering well.

Im 8 weeks today and am heading back to cumh for my second round of fluids and anti nausea meds, the first was last Monday. I've lost 6kgs in the last 3 weeks and the end is a long ways away. Bloody morning sickness. Dose!

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Congrats thumby! Great news, glad to hear mum and babs are recovering well.

Im 8 weeks today and am heading back to cumh for my second round of fluids and anti nausea meds, the first was last Monday. I've lost 6kgs in the last 3 weeks and the end is a long ways away. Bloody morning sickness. Dose!

Poor you, hope the fluids help. I know how horrible it is and how boring it is sitting there hooked up to a drip! I lost loads of weight as well, it fell off me. It does end though, I thought it never ever would but it does so just keep staying positive. I know if someone said that to me, even 3 weeks ago I would have wanted to slap them but it's all you can do really! Feel better soon x

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote:
    I know if someone said that to me, even 3 weeks ago I would have wanted to slap them but it's all you can do really! Feel better soon x
    Yes I definitely feel like slapping people! Lol!!

I know it will pass but the road to get there feels never ending. And yes! Sitting around on the drip is so mega boring!!! Better than puking though.

I wonder if they'll do a scan this time... They didnt last week.

Thanks your kind words, they really are appreciated. Xx

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Yes I definitely feel like slapping people! Lol!!

I know it will pass but the road to get there feels never ending. And yes! Sitting around on the drip is so mega boring!!! Better than puking though.

I wonder if they'll do a scan this time... They didnt last week.

Thanks your kind words, they really are appreciated. Xx

Fingers crossed you get a scan! The times I went into the hospital they did scan me to check the fluid around the baby (which was always fine). Was the only benefit to being so sick, got some sneaky extra scans!

and anything is better than puking, I've learned. That also gets old very very fast :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

and anything is better than puking, I've learned. That also gets old very very fast :)

Amen sista!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Congrats Thumby, glad its all over for you, hope you get good news today and you and your little man get to head home together soon xx

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

Congrats Thumby, I wish the both of you all the health and happiness in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

I'm just back from my hospital check up. 39+1 today. The dr was very dismissive!! She scanned me and said baby head is high up and that I need to walk around more (althought 2 weeks ago I was told baby was deeply engaged??)

She said see you next week.

Tried to tell her that I was having lots of headaches this week and her response was well your bp is fine so see you next week. Didn't even get to tell her ant the blurred vision I was getting. I didn't even get to sit on the chair. She just scanned me and that was it.

I'm annoyed that I actually just excepted it and walked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Did they test your urine?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Yes urine was clear so that's good. Although last time I was having blurred vision on bp was low and a few weeks back at GP bp was high. (Hospital doesn't know that as they o Bly look at there readings)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Huge congrats Thumby. Sending you and your little man my good thoughts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Well my last baby was head down from 20-37 weeks then went breech... Found out today at 27 weeks this one is breech :rolleyes:
    Wonder if its just gonna stay breech or do like her sister and flip at the last minute!!! Living in hope for my vbac still.... Think if at 36 weeks she's still breech I will go ahead with attempting to turn her. Last time I didn't as was afraid of it ending in emergency section, but i really want a quick recovery so that I can look after my daughter once the baby arrives. Any of u guys had a breech baby at 27 weeks that turned? Anyone ever have a baby turned?

Advertisement