Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Yeah they know and I know they'll understand completely but the OH and I really need to connect with the real world again. Well me more than him tbh as he does get out, but if Im going to be miserable, defo would prefer to be in the comfort of my couch.

I really hope I'll be better soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

If they know, definitely go. I went to friends at 13 weeks and the hyperemesis thing became a bit of a laugh at it. My friend cleaned her toilet really well for me and I got the seat near the door. When I had to go puke they all knew where I was going and we had a giggle. It actually made me feel better to share it with people, like I wasn't on ny own with it and my friend wasn't offended that none of her cooking stayed down - even though she made special food!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

God girls, I'm about to tear my skin off from all the itching. Tell me did any of you experience this sort if itching all over in your last few weeks of pregnancy? I feel like crying with frustration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

yellow hen wrote: »
    God girls, I'm about to tear my skin off from all the itching. Tell me did any of you experience slit of it hing all over in your last fee weeks of pregnancy? I feel like crying with frustration!

E45 is great for releiving itch... You can use it as shower gel, i used one of those netty bath puffs with e45 cream when in shower to relieve itch...
    It drove me mad

Some of the girls in the June thread with me recommended Silcock's base as my skin is already really dry and itchy - it really helps! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks girls (sorry for horrendous spelling, on iPhone). The itching isn't like the belly itching earlier in my pregnancy, it's almost like a rash all over.

Thanks girls (sorry for horrendous spelling, on iPhone). The itching isn't like the belly itching earlier in my pregnancy, it's almost like a rash all over.

My shins are the worst which is really random to me - why there and not somewhere else?!! :D

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    My shins are the worst which is really random to me - why there and not somewhere else?!! :D

My shins and ankles too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

God girls, I'm about to tear my skin off from all the itching. Tell me did any of you experience this sort if itching all over in your last few weeks of pregnancy? I feel like crying with frustration!

I'd get yourself checked out to rule out Obstetric Cholestasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'd get yourself checked out to rule out Obstetric Cholestasis.

Yeah agree with that!

Also - Aveeno with menthol gives great relief and is on offer for 3 euro in lots of pharmacies at the mo! The menthol is really cooling on itchy skin and the oats base of it is really soothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cute6guru

Thrush is driving me mad at the mo. Was on anti biotics for a chest infection and when I finished those it started. Its sooo irritating and uncomfortable. Ive been using Caneston cream and then doc prescribed some other cream which didnt suit me it gave me a terrible burning feeling. Horrible.. So back to Caneston for me. How long will it take to clear its driving me mad!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

cute6guru wrote: »
    Thrush is driving me mad at the mo. Was on anti biotics for a chest infection and when I finished those it started. Its sooo irritating and uncomfortable. Ive been using Caneston cream and then doc prescribed some other cream which didnt suit me it gave me a terrible burning feeling. Horrible.. So back to Caneston for me. How long will it take to clear its driving me mad!!!!

Have you tried natural yogurt?

Personally I was very sceptical of it until I tried it.

If anything I found it works much better than the anti fungals.

You only need a very little bit and it does the biz. I'd never use anything else now.

dublinlady wrote: »

Yeah agree with that!

Also - Aveeno with menthol gives great relief and is on offer for 3 euro in lots of pharmacies at the mo! The menthol is really cooling on itchy skin and the oats base of it is really soothing!

Thanks girls. Got checked and its nothing medical so will check out a aveeno for some relief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cute6guru

Das Kitty wrote: »

Have you tried natural yogurt?

Personally I was very sceptical of it until I tried it.

If anything I found it works much better than the anti fungals.

You only need a very little bit and it does the biz. I'd never use anything else now.
    No i havent. I have natural greek yogurt I might try that. Its just so irritating I have no comfort last few days.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

cute6guru wrote: »
    No i havent. I have natural greek yogurt I might try that. Its just so irritating I have no comfort last few days.

I had it in the first trimester until about 10 weeks. Didnt come back after that. It was all down to hormonal changes it seems.

Am watching episodes of 16 and pregnant and crying like a crazy hormonal woman. What is wrong with me?!

Can't get over how awful most of the boyfriends are in it though. I'm mesmerised by it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Am watching episodes of 16 and pregnant and crying like a crazy hormonal woman. What is wrong with me?!

Can't get over how awful most of the boyfriends are in it though. I'm mesmerised by it at the moment.

It's one born every minute that throws me over the edge!!! Inconsolable every time!!!

It's one born every minute that throws me over the edge!!! Inconsolable every time!!!

I have the whole of series three of that to watch but given my mental state I'll give it a miss today - I'll be a mess! :D

16 and pregnant should not be making me cry!!

But you ARE a crazy emotional hormonal lady at the moment :-D

Glad Im not the only one :-) Its the dads reaction that gets me going esp. So lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Hubby laughed at me cause I cried at one born every min. It's just so lovely to see a baby born and then again and again!!

• Advertisement

yes, I am crazy emotional lady!

My favourite thing about one born every minute is that they always make a fuss and say they can't do it but they always manage fine in the end and say it wasn't that bad - makes me feel like I can do it too :) (which is good because in four months time a baby is coming out of me - I forget sometimes!! :eek:)

yes, I am crazy emotional lady!

My favourite thing about one born every minute is that they always make a fuss and say they can't do it but they always manage fine in the end and say it wasn't that bad - makes me feel like I can do it too :) (which is good because in four months time a baby is coming out of me - I forget sometimes!! :eek:)

I saw an ep a few weeks back where one woman said 'oh that was so much easier than I thought it would be.' When my time comes, I wanna be just like her!

On a side note, I was reading through the June thread and chuckling at some of your earlier comments, where you were hoping for signs of ms. I bet you werent long regretting those words, lol!!

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    I saw an ep a few weeks back where one woman said 'oh that was so much easier than I thought it would be.' When my time comes, I wanna be just like her!

On a side note, I was reading through the June thread and chuckling at some of your earlier comments, where you were hoping for signs of ms. I bet you werent long regretting those words, lol!!

You betcha - if I had only known what it was going to be like! Having a vomity day today, after some good ones and feel like I'm puking up acid, it's horrible. I will be having strong words with this baby when he arrives about how sick he made his mummy. He'll never be allowed to forget it!

I keep getting asked if I'm sure it's not twins because I'm so sick. It's definitely not - can you imagine what I would be like if it was?! I'm sure you're getting asked that as well given you've been so ill.

You betcha - if I had only known what it was going to be like! Having a vomity day today, after some good ones and feel like I'm puking up acid, it's horrible. I will be having strong words with this baby when he arrives about how sick he made his mummy. He'll never be allowed to forget it!

I keep getting asked if I'm sure it's not twins because I'm so sick. It's definitely not - can you imagine what I would be like if it was?! I'm sure you're getting asked that as well given you've been so ill.

Ah you poor chick. The acid voms are horrendous! Definitely the worst of a bad lot.
    Im getting good and bad days so at least there's some break, today is a bad one.

And yes! Our little ones are in for a stern talking to some day! Scarred for life :-)

Only my boss keeps saying twins but he does that to wind me up. :-) Everyone else just think its a girl. If so, she's a demon! Just like younger mammy. God help me, lol!

Ah you poor chick. The acid voms are horrendous! Definitely the worst of a bad lot.
    Im getting good and bad days so at least there's some break, today is a bad one.

And yes! Our little ones are in for a stern talking to some day! Scarred for life :-)

Only my boss keeps saying twins but he does that to wind me up. :-) Everyone else just think its a girl. If so, she's a demon! Just like younger mammy. God help me, lol!

I was convinced we were having a girl too because I was so sick but I'm growing a little boy in here. Again, if girls make you sicker I don't want to think about what I would have been like! Are you going to find out?

Sorry to hear you're having a bad day - that's they way it is with me now, good days and bad days and I just have to go with it - I'm sure you know well. You'll be glad to hear that at this stage (almost 24 weeks) there's much more good days than bad ones which is nice. :)

I really do dread thinking how bad you'd be, if you go for a second you could find out! Im already saying never again.

I think we will find out if its a boy or girl, the pregnancy was a surprise anyway! But if we do, we're keeping it to ourselves. Same with the name. My late father's name if a boy and we're 99% agreed on a floral name for a
    girl.

Im really counting on being better by wk 21 coz Im getting married, with a cruise honeymoon. The last thing I need is to be sick on a boat! If there is a god, I'll be fine by then. *shakes fist at sky*

I really do dread thinking how bad you'd be, if you go for a second you could find out! Im already saying never again.

I think we will find out if its a boy or girl, the pregnancy was a surprise anyway! But if we do, we're keeping it to ourselves. Same with the name. My late father's name if a boy and we're 99% agreed on a floral name for a
    girl.

Im really counting on being better by wk 21 coz Im getting married, with a cruise honeymoon. The last thing I need is to be sick on a boat! If there is a god, I'll be fine by then. *shakes fist at sky*

I reckon you'll be grand by then, you might still be tired and occasionally pukey but by week 21 I would have been well able to have a wedding/cruise if I managed my energy carefully (being tired makes me pukey). Congrats on your forthcoming wedding anyway! :D

Loads of people were surprised we found out but we had our reasons and we're so glad we did. It was a really special day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

16 and pregnant should not be making me cry!!

I think that is one of the saddest shows on tv and should be essential watching for young girls. Those poor girls are so often left alone to rear those little ones and you worry how they will turn out.

I cried like a baby for the Catelynn and Tyler episode. Such brave strong people, I will never understand where they got the courage!!!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I think that is one of the saddest shows on tv and should be essential watching for young girls. Those poor girls are so often left alone to rear those little ones and you worry how they will turn out.

I cried like a baby for the Catelynn and Tyler episode. Such brave strong people, I will never understand where they got the courage!!!

Yeah, it's the poor girls going through that that makes me cry - so many of the relationships break up and the boys just walk away. I watched an episode earlier when the father of the baby drowned when the mother was 4 months pregnant and she was just numb with grief - it was so sad. I was sobbing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Yeah, it's the poor girls going through that that makes me cry - so many of the relationships break up and the boys just walk away. I watched an episode earlier when the father of the baby drowned when the mother was 4 months pregnant and she was just numb with grief - it was so sad. I was sobbing :(

About 4 of the girls on the show have had something horrific like that happen the fathers. Only in the smallest number of cases did the daddy's stay. So heartbreaking for them, they lose school, friends, everything, hence why I think it is important young girls see it and make good decisions about birth control.

Every episode starts and I find myself waiting to see the boyfriends, as soon as I see a few of them I foresee the ending and find myself going "Oh God" Pregnancy is hard when you are in a solid relationship and older, for those poor girls :(

Advertisement