Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

dublinlady wrote: »
    Thanks murdy - hope all went well today?

Thanks digs - I thought that would be the case / I reckon it'll be 41 weeks and then 10 days for me.. I hope like you I don't need the last one! Actually If I could go without this Thursdays that would be ideal!!!!
    I felt for u so much when u went over and now here I am at almost 40 weeks and I was convinced I'd go early!!! I'm dillusional!! Once she comes before I have to have a section around day 12 ill be happy - I just wish I knew now if that was gaurenteed!!! Wishful thinking!!!

Is she still facing south? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Is she still facing south? :D

Yes!!!! And engaged :):)
    It's a good start - but think she's very comfy there now!!!

Yes!!!! And engaged :):)
    It's a good start - but think she's very comfy there now!!!

Well yes, hopefully she will want to turn around but will do so by exiting stage left!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I just know we'll get a surprise post from you in a day or two with news of a baby popping out - betcha anything!

My app went well. I was the only person there - not a single other soul in the waiting room. I was in and out in ten minutes and on my way home for my dinner. Can't fault that :) Would definitely recommend the evening appointments in the midwives clinic to anyone if you're eligible!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I just know we'll get a surprise post from you in a day or two with news of a baby popping out - betcha anything!

My app went well. I was the only person there - not a single other soul in the waiting room. I was in and out in ten minutes and on my way home for my dinner. Can't fault that :) Would definitely recommend the evening appointments in the midwives clinic to anyone if you're eligible!

Hope your right!!

I've heard such great things about the midwives clinic - I would have liked it I think but wasn't eligible cos of vbac! Or so my Gp told me!
    Off to bounce the baby out on the gym ball ;)

• Advertisement

Hope your right!!

I've heard such great things about the midwives clinic - I would have liked it I think but wasn't eligible cos of vbac! Or so my Gp told me!
    Off to bounce the baby out on the gym ball ;)

Yeah, you have to be having a pretty straightforward pregnancy to be eligible - if anything happens (high blood pressure/gestational diabetes etc) you have to go back to a consultant. Everything going ok for me so far :)

I feel it in my waters - baby will be here soon (I have everything crossed) Enjoy your ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

hi all,

i will be 11 weeks tomorrow on my second pregnancy. having some light, brown spotting today. rang nurse and she is faxing letter for early scan. i had the same on my first but it was at 8 weeks. just worried now and hoping i dont see any red spotting. anyone have anything similar at this time.im trying not to run to the loo every 5 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

hi all,

i will be 11 weeks tomorrow on my second pregnancy. having some light, brown spotting today. rang nurse and she is faxing letter for early scan. i had the same on my first but it was at 8 weeks. just worried now and hoping i dont see any red spotting. anyone have anything similar at this time.im trying not to run to the loo every 5 seconds!

I had some brown/pink spotting at about 8/9 weeks, rang the hospital and the midwife told me not to worry unless there was bright red blood. I've been fine since - I panicked too!!

Try not to worry red - easier said than done I know!! Would u book a private scan just to put your mind at rest? But as far as I was always told brown blood is old blood - not to be worried about! Hope all is ok , stay positive as its prob old implantation blood or some such! X

thanks dublinlady and nik, i was told the same about the brown being old blood. but i thought after getting to 11 weeks i wouldnt get it. hopefully its nothing. i have a private scan booked for may 11th. il wait until fri this week to see if i get an early one with the hosp, if not i might see can a get my one closer. il prob ring on friday if i havnt heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Just discovered I'm pregnant on my second. Took me by (pleasant) surprise, have to say as it took me 3 years to get pregnant successfully first time. This time doc had refused my microlite and put me on the mini pill as my blood pressure was quite high (never had problem before until the last two weeks of my pregnancy) and it made me a wreck! I came off it and got pregnant straight away even after only doing the business once in the month protected! First was an emergency section due to combination of the BP, induction & not dilating after 18hrs.
    I was wondering about this VBAC, I've heard two versions, one where it's encouraged over a section and the other where they prefer not to chance it - does anyone have an idea which way they lean? I'm planning on the Rotunda again if all goes ok (early days and all that)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just discovered I'm pregnant on my second. Took me by (pleasant) surprise, have to say as it took me 3 years to get pregnant successfully first time. This time doc had refused my microlite and put me on the mini pill as my blood pressure was quite high (never had problem before until the last two weeks of my pregnancy) and it made me a wreck! I came off it and got pregnant straight away even after only doing the business once in the month protected! First was an emergency section due to combination of the BP, induction & not dilating after 18hrs.
    I was wondering about this VBAC, I've heard two versions, one where it's encouraged over a section and the other where they prefer not to chance it - does anyone have an idea which way they lean? I'm planning on the Rotunda again if all goes ok (early days and all that)

They're pro VBAC. But at the end of the day the choice is yours.

I'm holles st - due today - attempting vbac. Have found them really supportive up until today when I felt my consultant would rather section me next week .. I got the impression ( I'm prob over sensitive) that it would fit in his timetable better! But really they were quite pro it and they have a VBAC class which I attended and was valuable. I think so long as all is well they are fine with it - it's actually less risky than an elective section percentage wise when there's no complications!

:)I'll see how it goes from now so healthwise I guess, I've already high blood pressure now, which I didn't have until the end of my last pregnancy and am overweight this time too so maybe it may complicate things. Was just wondering as it seems to vary.

Hey iCosmospolis. I am Rotunda too, and I had a section on my first. I was there yesterday for a check up.

The nurse I saw for my first appointment just said, "we'll let you go natural this time" nothing more or less. Then yesterday I saw a doctor. They tell you the associated risks with both VBAC and second section, they said since I dilated they could see no reason why I couldn't try natural this time, since you did not dilate, they may not be as encouraging. That all said, I said I would rather another section (I have been informed the placenta is low and so far, baby is breach) and I was told that at my 34 week check up, they would arrange the particulars, they gave me the information and I was allowed choose for myself. But as I said, they were basing my ability to go natural on dilating, so I am not sure what they would recommend for you. Hope this helps a little :) Ooh, almost forgot, congrats :D

had an early scan today due to spotting. all is fine :) thank god. sae the little arm move a bit and the legs stretch out. it was very quick but was so glad. in for a private scan next sat cos we wanted one anyway so looking forward to that as ill see more for longer. oh and the nausea seems to be easing! im only 11 weeks so was a bit worried about this but maybe it can ease at this time to!

So glad to hear everything is ok and fingers crossed your nausea lifts soon. Most women get over it by 13 weeks or so so you're almost there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cute6guru

24 weeks this week, hoping time goes quick, trying to decide on a travel system. We looked at the Joolz and love it but the price is shocking 1050 euro, we kept looking and foumd the Baby Elegance Pebbles for 350, big difference in price. Can anyone advise me as to which to go for. So many people are saying to spend big is a waste of money for the length of time we will use it. Brain = FRIED!! :eek:

cute6guru wrote: »
    24 weeks this week, hoping time goes quick, trying to decide on a travel system. We looked at the Joolz and love it but the price is shocking 1050 euro, we kept looking and foumd the Baby Elegance Pebbles for 350, big difference in price. Can anyone advise me as to which to go for. So many people are saying to spend big is a waste of money for the length of time we will use it. Brain = FRIED!! :eek:

I've come across some will say, oh you have to spend the big money for the quality, but the time you're using goes by in a flash - a decent pushchair with fit in car seat is just fine. The lie down cot attachment is literally used for 2 weeks if you get one and is what pushes the travel system into the 900 - 1k category.
    A graco or baby elegance system for around 200 - 350 with a good size car seat and decent pushchair combo does just great, argos or the like, or you can get great international deals with cheap delivery online.
    If you order online allow for about 6 weeks delivery, so now would be the time to check out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cute6guru

thanks for the advice, I find some people like that and that is what is confusing us! The baby elegance is approx 370 all in. So its hard to justify the big money when we have so many bits and pieces to be bought aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

This morning I remembered that just after my little boy was born I thought having him was the biggest mistake of my life. Obviously I got over that and feel the exact opposite now, but it lasted a good 6 weeks.

Why am I doing this a second time, again?!

//minor freak out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

cute6guru wrote: »

My friend has the Baby Elegence Ego and we find it great, it is very similar to the Pebbles.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    This morning I remembered that just after my little boy was born I thought having him was the biggest mistake of my life. Obviously I got over that and feel the exact opposite now, but it lasted a good 6 weeks.

Why am I doing this a second time, again?!

//minor freak out.

I have freak outs every so often too - but he's in there now so not much I can do! I try to remind myself of that, he's coming so all I can do is be prepared as possible! It's probably the hormones getting you all wound up too. Those pesky hormones are responsible for everything! :)

One thing you are not warned about is the three day slump. Three days after baby is born, hormones slump and you can find yourself crying at anything. I did, but I was lucky enough to know what was happening. Many women were not so lucky. And in Ireland, naturals usually go home on day three. I don't know if that was ever planned properly.

I remember thinking I was useless and that he would have been better off being put up for adoption for a while after he was born. He cried a lot so I thought I was the problem.

One thing you are not warned about is the three day slump. Three days after baby is born, hormones slump and you can find yourself crying at anything. I did, but I was lucky enough to know what was happening. Many women were not so lucky. And in Ireland, naturals usually go home on day three. I don't know if that was ever planned properly.

I remember thinking I was useless and that he would have been better off being put up for adoption for a while after he was born. He cried a lot so I thought I was the problem.

The midwife discussed this at length at our antenatal classes - warned us we'd all feel like crap and it was normal to cry loads about day three!

I am not looking forward to it. I've been lucky in pregnancy not to be emotionally hormonal much, so worried about it kicking in!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The midwife discussed this at length at our antenatal classes - warned us we'd all feel like crap and it was normal to cry loads about day three!

I am not looking forward to it. I've been lucky in pregnancy not to be emotionally hormonal much, so worried about it kicking in!

I'll never forget, I repeated it over and over, it was the hormones. But still, at the time rational is not great. Several women didn't know that though.

I'll never forget, I repeated it over and over, it was the hormones. But still, at the time rational is not great. Several women didn't know that though.

God yeah, I'd imagine it's scary to feel like you're losing your mind a bit!

Hubby is well warned after the classes too - he will be on back rubbing and telling me I'm fabulous duty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Due no 3 . Am 18 weeks and it still hasnt sunk in. I forget im pregnant most of the time. Never happened on my other 2. All fab little surprises.
    Happened anyone else? It'd want to sink in ptetty soon as im almost halfway.
    Finding it tough working and looking after the house kids and numerous doc/hosp appointments between us all.

collegeme wrote: »
    Due no 3 . Am 18 weeks and it still hasnt sunk in. I forget im pregnant most of the time. Never happened on my other 2. All fab little surprises.
    Happened anyone else? It'd want to sink in ptetty soon as im almost halfway.
    Finding it tough working and looking after the house kids and numerous doc/hosp appointments between us all.

I forget the whole time, even with a belly. I look down and take a moment to remember :o I just go around doing things and then when I get a kick or cannot reach over I seem to remember why I can't do certain things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

I know, sometimes I forget and think baby moving is some sort of gas pain. :) I like feeling it move around though, reassures me everything is ok in there! Having said that, I can't wait to have it out and get my 'normal' body back! Being able to bound about the place and actually use my stomach muscles to sit up sounds like a dream!

Advertisement