Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

cbyrd, I am so so sorry :( Huge hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Good luck Budweiser! Seriously sore and swollen boobs were my first sign of pregnancy, even before I missed a period.Let us know how you go xx

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

Awh thanks Merkin.. will report back here .. trying to keep calm but... do you ever have that feeling ''when you just know'' something to be true.:rolleyes:

Merkin wrote: »
    Good luck Budweiser! Seriously sore and swollen boobs were my first sign of pregnancy, even before I missed a period.Let us know how you go xx

They were mine too. I said it the the OH, and he just nodded without looking up from his book and said "you're up the duff so". We were right :)

I have a daughter of nearly 18 and it seems so way back in my life when I was pregnant that I genuinely cannot remember my very early pregnancy signs apart from the nausea at 2 -3 months.. hence my post here. This is a strange and exciting time waiting to find out 'am or aren't i'

It will be really interesting to see if instinct and trusting some changes in your own body really are right..

• Advertisement

That's mad wolfpawnet, anyone I know who has been pregnant said the same, they just feel way more tender and full than normal PMT, mine have continued to grow as well, I'm only twelve weeks and I've gone up THREE cup sizes!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I just shaved my legs for what I'm hoping was the final time, before the big day (40 weeks now.)

How do other pregnant ladies manage it? We don't have a bath, just a tiny shower. I don't know which part I hate most ... blindly waving the razor in the direction of my private bits and hoping for the best ... or trying to do around my lower legs/ankles, and feeling like I'm folding poor baba in half in the process!

Merkin wrote: »
    That's mad wolfpawnet, anyone I know who has been pregnant said the same, they just feel way more tender and full than normal PMT, mine have continued to grow as well, I'm only twelve weeks and I've gone up THREE cup sizes!

I am feeding my 5 month old and went from a 34C/D before pregnant, to 38EE! Trust the boobs!

Budweiser6 18 years! That's a big age difference. Live in babysitter :)

Ya real worried about the age gap :( and my age :(

budweiser6 wrote: »

Many a woman older than you having kids. Sure as long as you feel healthy you'll be grand. Positive thinking. If you are worried, talk to a doctor :)

There is 21 years between my partner and his sister (she is older) no real problems there. Usual sibling crap. She'll be fine. :D Maybe a little shocked at first, but I think she'd be that regardless of age difference.

• Advertisement

WolfP - you will never know how much you've cheered me up tonight! Thank you x

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

budweiser6 wrote: »

Congratulations budweiser6 :) don't worry about the age gap I'm sure your daughter will be delighted. My mam was 42 when she had my little (surprise!) sister, there is a 13 year age gap between her and me, 23 years between her and our oldest brother and there has never been an issue with the age gap (just a little shocked at the beginning as I was no longer the baby of the family!!!)

Awh thanks for taking the time to respond Fairie - it's good to know I'm not and never will be the 'older mum' with an older child already! Well... after work I'm getting the 'ol pregnancy test. Went to lunch today and barely ate which is soooo unlike me (which didn't go un-noticed btw!!)

My stomach is so bloated and crampy and my breasts feel like they are 2 cups bigger already I am without a shadow of a doubt in my mind pregnant but to see it pop up on an actual test will be another thing.... it'll be a miracle for both of us! Stay tuned.. back on here tonight and thanks so much again for the few people who took the time to console me with my early fears!!:)

Keep us posted and very best of luck! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Budweiser6 - aww:) you will be fine. i love the idea of a trustworthy babysitter at your disposal.
    Good Luck and let us know:)

My boobs never changed much in size during pregnancy or feeding but omg the pain who knew they could cause so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Ah budweiser I would not worry one bit about that age gap, Im the youngest of 4 with my eldest sister being 18 yrs older then me, next sister 16 yrs old3r and my brither is 11yrs older and then there was me a big surprise wouldnt change it for the world x we are alk best of friends now xx

What a rollercoaster of emotions the past few days have been. Each test I do comes up 'negative' - I'm 4 days late at this stage and all the tests can't be wrong. I have every single symptom.. metallic taste, heightened sense of smell, ridiculously tender boobs, headache, really thirsty, crampy bloated stomach, tired and really weepy. I dunno whats going on so I'm booked to see my doctor next week for blood test. Whatever it is I doubt I'm pregant not after all the tests saying the same thing :confused: wishful thinking that i'd happen so soon anyways :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I was the same kept getting negative tests but was convinced. Took until I was after the 5 week mark to get the positive result. Now I'm 26 weeks along. What's more the nurse didn't confirm it for another two weeks in the doctors kept sayin I wasn't. She wouldn't wait more than ten seconds for the test just binned it

Tests can be wrong when it's sayin negative. Wait and see what doc says. Good luck wish it all

Exactly as SS said, negatives can be wrong, positives cannot. Go get the blood test. Each woman produces hcg at different levels, not all are detectable by the tests.

Thanks girls.. I was so sure up until yesterday morning and now I've gone the other way. Sure will see what the Doc says in a few days time.

If I'm not pregnant.... on the positive... then it gives me a chance to loose some more weight and trying again with healthier BMI ... what will be will be I guess..xx

• Advertisement

You could continue to get false negative after false negative for anther few weeks. You've been pregnant before, do you feel pregnant?

I think it's a good idea to go and find out for sure at the doctors. Hope you get the outcome you're hoping for xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pauline1988

I am so confused about my due date, the nurse that done my scan says i am now only 20 weeks but the first day of my last period was 25 weeks ago but i had been on a six week cycle since coming off the pill 7 months before hand, who do i trust my gut and my body or the nurse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ask for a second opinion from a consultant. 5 weeks is a hell of a big difference. You could have ovulated later than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pauline1988

the doctor that did my second scan at sixteen weeks(according to them) just continued with the previous information and when i said it to him, he just said he would leave it at that for now. It is all very confusing, i have another scan in 3 weeks but i am wondering will this be accurate at this stage. I am back to being very tired and showing quiet a bit and feel much further than 20 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I really would ask for another opinion, like I said, 5 weeks is a hell of difference. A few days or even a week is fine but not 5 weeks.

CUMH told me I was way off, I went to the Rotunda, and I was back on track with me. As January said, please get another opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

So.. i was over in Drogheda today for a scan to make sure everything was okay, as in I didn't need a D&C.. everything looks clean and healthy but i was told to wait 2 months before trying again :pac: hahaha chance, I was actually told i was so lucky to have had 4 healthy pregnancies with no mis-carriages and get to the grand old age of 39.. doesnt make it feel much better but being back in the maternity hospital got me all excited again..(even with the vivid reminders of every labour pain i've ever had) :D in my mad house you'd think i'd be done, but i guess i'm not :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I remember when I was young thinking people over 30 having their 1st child was ancient but being around 30 having the last one was ok.
    Oh, how the world is so much simpler when you are a child:)

cbyrd-*hugs* a loss is a loss no matter how many children you have already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Different support pillows coming into Lidl today, might make life more comfortable for some of ye pregnant ladies:

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-0C364E4A-2B1E3FA3/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=1703

• Advertisement

Got period today a week late :( - back to the 'drawing board' !

Advertisement