Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

CathyMoran wrote: »
    That is where you have a positive pregnancy test but the baby does not take and a few days later you have your period...am only 3 days late :( I did have a positive pregnancy test though. Thanks for the good wishes.

I really hope it works out for you.. Let us know how things go :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is where you have a positive pregnancy test but the baby does not take and a few days later you have your period...am only 3 days late :( I did have a positive pregnancy test though. Thanks for the good wishes.

Fingers crossed for you,I really hope all goes well this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Well they said it was nothing serious in the hospital but they kept her in to monitor both heartbeats(hers and babies). She didnt sleep all night due to women in labour in the beds beside her and is only now starting to get nervous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Melion, glad to hear they are both ok. It must be starting to seem real now! I'm 31 weeks today and can't believe it's only a few weeks away.

Cathy, welcome back... Congrats :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Yep, its getting very real now. But as im saying to all my friends, i'm just fed up with all the waiting around. We've had everything ready and waiting for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I'm back in the ttc again :( we lost another one - the good news is that they will do tests this time...good luck to all the mummys here. And gowayouttadat congrats - I always follow how you are getting on...best wishes and hugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cathy, sorry for your loss, again hun. You will have your baby soon. We're all here for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Melion, glad to hear they are both ok. It must be starting to seem real now! I'm 31 weeks today and can't believe it's only a few weeks away.

OMG I can't believe your nearly there. I remember when you were saying you didn't even have a bump. Enjoy the next few weeks, soon you will be so tired life won't make sense. But it is worth the exhaustion!:):):) Keep us posted
    I'm back in the ttc again :( we lost another one

Cathy I cannot express how much I admire your strength. You are a truly amazing woman! I am hoping that you have a successful pregnancy soon. You and Shane will make great parents!:)

I'm back in the ttc again :( we lost another one - the good news is that they will do tests this time...good luck to all the mummys here. And gowayouttadat congrats - I always follow how you are getting on...best wishes and hugs.

Aww Cathy, hugs! I'm gutted for you. I hope the tests go well and I have my fingers and toes crossed that you'll be telling us good news some time soon!
    wolfpawnat wrote:
    OMG I can't believe your nearly there. I remember when you were saying you didn't even have a bump. Enjoy the next few weeks, soon you will be so tired life won't make sense. But it is worth the exhaustion!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Keep us posted

I know! It's a bit mad. I don't know if it has even sunk in yet. The thought of actually holding our baby is slightly scary! All going good though so can't really complain. Hope the next few weeks are the same! How are you getting on? Aidan must be getting big now!

I know! It's a bit mad. I don't know if it has even sunk in yet. The thought of actually holding our baby is slightly scary! All going good though so can't really complain. Hope the next few weeks are the same! How are you getting on? Aidan must be getting big now!

I didn't click myself until they wheeled Aidan into me, do you know what you are having?

Aidan is massive, he had his first bowl of solid food this evening! Little savage wanted more. They suggest waiting as close to the 6 month mark as possible but it was getting too hard to try and feed him so many bottles. He would have to have one every 2.5-3hrs. It is exhausting, you cant get any other house work done. So hopefully this will make life easier. He is also into the big bath now and is splashing and hitting his duckies:):):)

Are you comfortable, many women are dying of backache and piles at your stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

3rd Pregnancy. First child please god!

Miscarried twins last october. Due sometime in Feb. Doc is saying i'm 6 weks but i reckon 5. my LOMP lasted two weeks so now it's just all confusing of when i ov'd. I wasn't TTC. Have got caught everytime while on antibiotics. I'm delighted but cannot tell anyone, even my partner. Surprised even to be pregnant as only DTD twice, i've been on rations.

I'm also terrified. Won't go for the early scan to get a date as dont want to go thru what i did last time and time before with sacs empty, then no heartbeat, then wrong size etc etc. So i'm gonna wait it out and if i have no bleeding this time (fingers crossed so bad) i'll wait for another 4/5 weeks and then go to EPU for the scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

Hello all

Cathy, I´m very sorry to hear that, and wish you luck and success in the next few months again.

My nervous post from a week ago was indeed describing the start of labour! And we now have our beautiful 8 day old daughter called Shannon :) She arrived three days early and weighed 6lbs 3ozs. Breastfeeding is going well, and life has really become that much more brilliant with her here. (should i mention that she only wakes once a night, so if that changes i may not sound quite so cheery)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I didn't click myself until they wheeled Aidan into me, do you know what you are having?

Aidan is massive, he had his first bowl of solid food this evening! Little savage wanted more. They suggest waiting as close to the 6 month mark as possible but it was getting too hard to try and feed him so many bottles. He would have to have one every 2.5-3hrs. It is exhausting, you cant get any other house work done. So hopefully this will make life easier. He is also into the big bath now and is splashing and hitting his duckies:):):)

Are you comfortable, many women are dying of backache and piles at your stage!

I think I'll definitely be like that. I know it won't completely click for my bf until he's actually holding a baby :D

We found out we're having a boy. We haven't told anyone though so hopefully everyone else will get a surprise. It's so hard not to say 'he' though. I'm probably after letting it slip loads of times already!

I'm so glad Aidan is getting on so well. That's great news! Is he sleeping ok and everything? How did your bf's exams go? Is he finding it tough studying and being a dad?

I'm not at the uncomfortable stage yet thank god. Fortunately I'm still fairly small and tidy so I'm fine. This week alright is the first week that it's a struggle to bend down for things but besides that I'm doing ok. Can't complain really!

Going Demented - congrats on the pregnancy :D Hope it all goes well for you!

I think I'll definitely be like that. I know it won't completely click for my bf until he's actually holding a baby :D

We found out we're having a boy. We haven't told anyone though so hopefully everyone else will get a surprise. It's so hard not to say 'he' though. I'm probably after letting it slip loads of times already!

I'm so glad Aidan is getting on so well. That's great news! Is he sleeping ok and everything? How did your bf's exams go? Is he finding it tough studying and being a dad?

I'm not at the uncomfortable stage yet thank god. Fortunately I'm still fairly small and tidy so I'm fine. This week alright is the first week that it's a struggle to bend down for things but besides that I'm doing ok. Can't complain really!

OMG a little fella! Any idea of names??? :)

Aidan is alright, teeth are killing him! Poor little fella, he's just back from the doctors from getting his vaccinations. He ate his lunch and went to sleep ( I think he is slightly traumatised!)

Shane is ok, exam results tomorrow so fingers are crossed. He is doing ok, he really needs to learn that kids come first but I think all dads are like that for a small while!

Lucky you, I was huge from 4 and a half months! I couldn't bend to save my life after 30 weeks. Shane was laughing at me the whole time especially when I would put on a coat and it didn't close:L:L:L

OMG a little fella! Any idea of names??? :)

Aidan is alright, teeth are killing him! Poor little fella, he's just back from the doctors from getting his vaccinations. He ate his lunch and went to sleep ( I think he is slightly traumatised!)

Shane is ok, exam results tomorrow so fingers are crossed. He is doing ok, he really needs to learn that kids come first but I think all dads are like that for a small while!

Lucky you, I was huge from 4 and a half months! I couldn't bend to save my life after 30 weeks. Shane was laughing at me the whole time especially when I would put on a coat and it didn't close:L:L:L

Oh I hope the exam results go well for him!

At the moment we're calling the smallie Jack... unless of course he doesn't look like a Jack when he arrives. I can't for the life of me decide on a middle name though. We're going to either have the middle name after my dad or my granddad so it's either Conor or Donal. I keep changing my mind.

I can't believe his teeth are at him already! Jeez time really does fly by doesn't it. It's scary!!
    How's the MIL? Still driving you mad?

At the moment we're calling the smallie Jack... unless of course he doesn't look like a Jack when he arrives. I can't for the life of me decide on a middle name though. We're going to either have the middle name after my dad or my granddad so it's either Conor or Donal. I keep changing my mind.

Jack is a beautiful name, we never even discussed Aidan, because of Shane's dad we knew a boy would have to be Aidan. So constantly thinking of Jack will mean 99% chance ye will think he looks just like it:) We couldn't think of what to put as Aidans middle name as I didn't know my grandfathers and I don't talk to my father and Shane felt as though to give Aidan more names from his family would be unfair (we gave him Shane's surname) so we decided on James after James Connolly and Pearse after Patrick Pearse! Nice and different:D:D:D

How's the MIL? Still driving you mad?

Yes, but I dont live with her anymore. I got my own place now:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Your pregnancy is nearly feeling as long as mine did;)
    You are nearly there now though:)
    It is weird none of us know each other,yet we are all suffering excitment and disappointment for each other.

*hugs* I am so sorry to hear that.
    You are such a strong woman and set an amazing example to the rest of us.
    I hope they get to the bottom of the issue with the tests.

Jack is a beautiful name, we never even discussed Aidan, because of Shane's dad we knew a boy would have to be Aidan. So constantly thinking of Jack will mean 99% chance ye will think he looks just like it:) We couldn't think of what to put as Aidans middle name as I didn't know my grandfathers and I don't talk to my father and Shane felt as though to give Aidan more names from his family would be unfair (we gave him Shane's surname) so we decided on James after James Connolly and Pearse after Patrick Pearse! Nice and different:D:D:D

Yes, but I dont live with her anymore. I got my own place now:D

At least you're not living with her anymore! Jeez, I get on with mine and even then living with her would drive me absolutely insane!!
    Moonbeam wrote:
    Your pregnancy is nearly feeling as long as mine didwink.gif
    You are nearly there now thoughsmile.gif
    It is weird none of us know each other,yet we are all suffering excitment and disappointment for each other.

Oh stop :D I've hit the "I want it to be over" stage now. I know there's not long left but feels like it's going on FOREVER!
    Saying that, the thought of actually going through labour isn't highly appealing either ;)

Oh stop :D I've hit the "I want it to be over" stage now. I know there's not long left but feels like it's going on FOREVER!
    Saying that, the thought of actually going through labour isn't highly appealing either ;)

No one likes the idea of that part, but I swear even though I could not remember what it was like to not be pregnant at that time, I look at photo's from the pregnancy now and I cant remember! Its funny but I am all excited for you! I cant wait to see your photos of the little man!!!!:D

• Advertisement

No one likes the idea of that part, but I swear even though I could not remember what it was like to not be pregnant at that time, I look at photo's from the pregnancy now and I cant remember! Its funny but I am all excited for you! I cant wait to see your photos of the little man!!!!:D

Aw you're so nice! It'll be weird having a smallie in the house but hopefully it'll be all good :D

Aw you're so nice! It'll be weird having a smallie in the house but hopefully it'll be all good :D
    It is worth it, even if you are exhausted it is worth it!!!!!!

It is worth it, even if you are exhausted it is worth it!!!!!!

I had to laugh, I went shopping with my mom at the weekend and she said "Whatever you do, don't have sleep fights". I didn't have a clue what she was on about. She said "don't fight over who's the most tired" haha I can totally see myself doing that!!

Packed for hospital at the weekend. Opened a packet of newborn nappies, jeez they're tiny!! I forgot how small a little person will be!

I had to laugh, I went shopping with my mom at the weekend and she said "Whatever you do, don't have sleep fights". I didn't have a clue what she was on about. She said "don't fight over who's the most tired" haha I can totally see myself doing that!!

Packed for hospital at the weekend. Opened a packet of newborn nappies, jeez they're tiny!! I forgot how small a little person will be!

The truth is there is no competion mammys always are more tired!

Yes the nappies are adorable! And are scary at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭KittenCaboodle

Got my outpatients appointment yesterday :D, and the little list of things to bring for baby to the hospital attached. Still can't get my head around it. Then started thinking of all the stuff I'm going to have to get for the little person, and my mind turned to a tiny hairbrush and I started blubbing! LOL.

C'mon placenta, start making those hormones for baby fast, I'm turning into a gibbering wreck with them.

My appointment will be at 16 weeks and I'll have a scan then. Have a private scan booked for 2 weeks time as well. Still very strange to be thinking about.

Aww:) Congrats KittenCaboodle.
    The first scan is the best bit of it all,actually getting to see the little person for the first time:))

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

Hi girls!! It has passed a month since I had my little girl.

I'm so happy and I wished to thank you all for your support and advice.

Thanks.

Here a picture:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She is so gorgeous :D Look at that hair!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

Thank you Adrienne, yes she's a lot of hair as her daddy!

• Advertisement

Awww:)
    She is gorgeous.

This board makes me broody!!!

gowayouttadat - how you doing?

Advertisement