Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

I must have been lucky I didnt have to pay for the belt .. In fact I have two of them ! Also got splints for my carpal tunnel .. Though I do not find them any good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

LH2013 wrote: »
    I am sure you could ... The one in the maternity is free ... They gave me belt and a spikey ball thing for my back and went thru loads of exercises ..... They do follow ups etc if needed and its noted on your file and stuff ! I was lucky only waited a few days to see them .... If I had mentioned it sooner I would have saved myself alot of pain !!!

If my pain was as bad as it was on Sunday trekking into the Coombe for a physio appointment would kill me. :eek: I think I'd rather suck up the expense at go locally for the comfort element.
    Anyhow, it seems to have settled mostly (fingers crossed) for now and hoping it will stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I went to the group physio class but think I need to book an individual one as my pelvis is so sore, right in my pelvis floor in between my legs which I think she said was the weight of the baby as well pressing on it and should be relieved once I give birth so not sure what they can really do for that now!

Week 11 starts today. So am one quarter the way through my pregnancy. :) Its flown by really.
    My almost constant nausea has lifted mostly. Went out for dinner last night with my husband and at it all for the first time in ages. Poor husband almost cried - he had ordered a smaller portion for himself having gotten so used to me eating less than half of everything. :D
    Also had a brilliant nights sleep last night which is the first night in ages that I had such a good sleep. The restorative powers of sleep never fail to amaze me.
    Decided to take a few days off next week too so with the bank holiday on Monday just using 2 annual leave days means that when I finish on Friday I'm out of the office for 5 whole days! Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

It's official... just back from the doc.. 5 weeks today..:eek::D delighted and nervous..had a positive test on my partners birthday on sunday.. missed period was my 40th last thursday :) what a birthday present

• Advertisement

cbyrd wrote: »
    It's official... just back from the doc.. 5 weeks today..:eek::D delighted and nervous..had a positive test on my partners birthday on sunday.. missed period was my 40th last thursday :) what a birthday present

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

The Sept 2013 Mums from Rollercoaster got a great write up in the Irish Times this week! They sounds like a great bunch altogether. It hits the nail on the head about why such internet groups are so good. Pity it comes across as if that is the only group where this virtual coming together of Mums and Mums-to-be happens.

I love these boards pregnancy threads! Have to say a big thanks to all of you here. It has a made a huge impact on my early pregnancy, just being able to read all about everyone's experiences, discovering that a lot of what I'm going through is actually totally normal and also being able to chat here when I couldn't talk to anyone else. I'm sure it will continue for the rest of my pregnancy and I look forward to sharing the journey with you all. Thanks!!

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/parenting/rollercoaster-ride-from-virtual-reality-to-real-friends-1.1719224?page=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

The Sept 2013 Mums from Rollercoaster got a great write up in the Irish Times this week! They sounds like a great bunch altogether and it hits the nail on the head about why such internet groups are so good. I love these boards pregnancy threads! Pity it comes across as if that is the only group where this virtual coming together of Mums and Mums-to-be happens.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/parenting/rollercoaster-ride-from-virtual-reality-to-real-friends-1.1719224?page=1

Wow, there's an awful lot of personal information in that article. I hope that they asked the mums for permission, and didn't just take it from the Facebook group!

I'm a member of a private group on Facebook myself for Rollercoaster mums, from the month my son was born, a lot of very personal private info is shared there. You'd wonder if the journalist writing this is a mother herself ... or if she just joined the group for a snoop around!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Wow, there's an awful lot of personal information in that article. I hope that they asked the mums for permission, and didn't just take it from the Facebook group!

I'm a member of a private group on Facebook myself for Rollercoaster mums, from the month my son was born, a lot of very personal private info is shared there. You'd wonder if the journalist writing this is a mother herself ... or if she just joined the group for a snoop around!

oooh I didn't even think of that :eek: Scary thought! I assumed it would be all above board and the info given willingly to the journo. I hope it was.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

congrats cybrd:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

cbyrd wrote: »

Could have sworn I said congrats to this...

Congrats :D

It looks like that journalist was at the meet up...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Quick question, when I wash baby clothes and blankets I know I need to use non-bio detergent (no issue as we use it anyway) but are we allowed to use fabric conditioner? I use comfort pure anyway (or own-brand version) and am so in the habit of using it that I'd worry the clothes would be hard without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I've used it since day one and never had any trouble at all. I think it's personal preference and water in our area is hard so I won't do a wash without

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

My little man's kicks and flips and turns are really strong today, I love it! :D

The little chap will be 22 weeks on Thursday and he must be getting stronger by the day as the sensations aren't so much flutters any more but rather full on digs and kicks. Maybe he knows he's half Irish and is showing off his Paddy's Day jigs and reels skills?

Merkin wrote: »
    My little man's kicks and flips and turns are really strong today, I love it! :D

The little chap will be 22 weeks on Thursday and he must be getting stronger by the day as the sensations aren't so much flutters any more but rather full on digs and kicks. Maybe he knows he's half Irish and is showing off his Paddy's Day jigs and reels skills?

Ahh I love it too he's 27 weeks and gives some almighty thumps, it makes you feel so connected though, as it's my first time it's hard for me to even imagine there's actually a person growing in there sometimes so it's lovely to feel him saying hi mam now and again:D He kicks me so much each day now!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Ahh I love it too he's 27 weeks and gives some almighty thumps, it makes you feel so connected though, as it's my first time it's hard for me to even imagine there's actually a person growing in there sometimes so it's lovely to feel him saying hi mam now and again:D He kicks me so much each day now!

My first too Smokey, it's such a lovely feeling, each one is a lovely little reminder that they are there! :)

Wait until you're 35 weeks and it feels like they're trying to burst out the side of you, such a lovely feeling :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm a bit appalled at all that personal info being published... I really hope they did consent. I never would - miscarriages etc are something I'd share with people going through similar etc here but not want everyone I know to know about. It's personal but it takes me a long time to trust people who you meet in this way, obviously the good far outweighs the bad, but this seems a violation of privacy? I'd feel exposed. I love boards and deeply respect a lot of people on here and have shared many personal problems and have always received help and support - but I wouldn't have divulged that information if I thought it would be broadcast... In the same way I don't tell every friend about every problem I have.. That's why I like the choice of anonymity. There's always private messaging etc if you want to meet up etc - so anyway I just also hope they agreed to it and it wasn't a betrayal!

Also - congrats cybrd!

One Born Every Minute makes me cry every time, such a lovely programme! Is anyone watching it this evening?

• Advertisement

One Born Every Minute makes me cry every time, such a lovely programme! Is anyone watching it this evening?

Yep watching it here :) Love it.

The couple who just had the C Section are so cute, and what a beautiful baby! They are so devoted to one another. Am in tears!

What do baby hiccups feel like? My little fellow has been very busy for the last few days and both today and yesterday there has been a different sensation like a little pulsing jump every so often and I'm wondering if that's what it could be? It's very cute! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

What do baby hiccups feel like? My little fellow has been very busy for the last few days and both today and yesterday there has been a different sensation like a little pulsing jump every so often and I'm wondering if that's what it could be? It's very cute! :)

Sounds like hiccups to me merkin! So cute :)

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Sounds like hiccups to me merkin! So cute :)

Awwwww the little dote! :)

How are you feeling Sligo? I was thinking of you earlier today and wondering if you'd had bubba but I'm sure you would have mentioned it by now if you had m'dear! ;) I hope you're feeling well xx

Awwwww the little dote! :)

How are you feeling Sligo? I was thinking of you earlier today and wondering if you'd had bubba but I'm sure you would have mentioned it by now if you had m'dear! ;) I hope you're feeling well xx

I'm ok Hun. Still no baba. 2 days overdue :(. Was sure I'd go early like last time but no such luck. Cross your fingers for me! Hope you're doing well. It's so cute when they get the hiccups... My first had them the whole time. Feels like your tummy is jumping and twitching :) x

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I'm ok Hun. Still no baba. 2 days overdue :(. Was sure I'd go early like last time but no such luck. Cross your fingers for me! Hope you're doing well. It's so cute when they get the hiccups... My first had them the whole time. Feels like your tummy is jumping and twitching :) x

Awww, it must be driving you mad! I hear those last few weeks are VERY trying on one's patience. Fingers crossed the little one will arrive in time for the weekend! Best of luck and keep us posted. Baby Merkin just kicked so he wishes you good luck too xx

Awww, it must be driving you mad! I hear those last few weeks are VERY trying on one's patience. Fingers crossed the little one will arrive in time for the weekend! Best of luck and keep us posted. Baby Merkin just kicked so he wishes you good luck too xx

Haha. Thanks a million. Will let you know. Baby Merkin sound like he's a strong lively wee baby. Mind urself and chat soon :)

I was wondering what hiccups feel like myself, think I might have felt him having them!:)

Consultant appointment over, bloods done, I'll be phoned tomorrow if my platelets have gone up (they were ever so slightly higher than normal at 3 month app) or my iron has gone down (so hoping for no call which means everything is good) and my blood pressure was a bit higher than the last time I was there, although still good so they want it checked every fortnight now just to be on the safe side so they can see if it continues to go up. I did explain I'd been to the docs twice in the past month and it was higher and then lower the last time, I think sometimes it's hard to get a proper blood pressure picture when it's once every few weeks! Still it's annoying, I want a fuss free pregnancy!

I'm in next Weds for GTT test and the following week for a big scan so I'm gonna pop up to the midwife both weeks to keep an eye on it!

Apart from that, baby looked great and he's head down explaining why high up my belly is getting kicked so much:D

• Advertisement

You could get your own BP monitor Smokey. They are inexpensive and I check mine once a week and its excellent, very reassuring as mine has stayed steadily low thank God. I bought it because my paternal grandmother had preeclampsia so I just wanted to err on the side of caution, well worth having IMO! If you want to go ahead I can tell you which make is best etc!

Question re newborns! We were in Mothercare and they seem to have cribs when bubba is tiny and then cots as they grow a bit. Do you need to get both or will a cot be fine?

Advertisement