Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Merkin wrote: »
    You could get your own BP monitor Smokey. They are inexpensive and I check mine once a week and its excellent, very reassuring as mine has stayed steadily low thank God. I bought it because my paternal grandmother had preeclampsia so I just wanted to err on the side of caution, well worth having IMO! If you want to go ahead I can tell you which make is best etc!

Question re newborns! We were in Mothercare and they seem to have cribs when bubba is tiny and then cots as they grow a bit. Do you need to get both or will a cot be fine?

We got a loan of a Moses Basket. That did us until about 10/11 weeks and then we moved her to a cot. Looking back I probably should have moved her a bit sooner. She slept much better once she went into the cot and could no longer scratch the sides and disturb herself that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Great, thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

This is ridiculously sweet.

Awwww, that's so lovely!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

That is very sweet. I do regret not having more pictures of me at different stages in the pregnancy. In her little scrap book I have a few scan pictures and then me the night before going in to be induced. When I was looking for more there were very few of the actual bump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Roesy wrote: »
    That is very sweet. I do regret not having more pictures of me at different stages in the pregnancy. In her little scrap book I have a few scan pictures and then me the night before going in to be induced. When I was looking for more there were very few of the actual bump.

I have a few photos, but they're all on my phone/computer ... I really must get around to actually printing them out! I have a few really good ones.

I looked so pregnant even in the first trimester. I remember being at a work event, at only around ten weeks, and an old lady came up to me asking if I should be sitting down, and how far along was I. I was mortified! I hadn't yet told any of my colleagues/managers, and I wasn't long working there, so was worried about them finding out as it was, I was so worried someone would overhear! Of course it was probably mostly bloating rather than baby at that stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Off to antenatal appt... appointment not until 3 but I'll be queuing from just after 12... can't stand the long queues for the consultants in the Rotunda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

This is ridiculously sweet.

Sooo cute! Brought a tear to my eye and then I saw what the named the baby.....Buzz??? I thought kate Winslet was bad with Bear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I didn't think about the buzz bit! Silly name (but I have to admit I think Bear is kinda sweet. Probably not when he's 45 though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Happy Monday ladies!

Going to get out on a walk now, GTT and blood pressure test Weds morning so of course if I'm saintly between now and then all will be good:D

Had a dream where I got a €700 voucher for baby stuff last night, that was nice, was a bit disappointed this morning!:(

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    I didn't think about the buzz bit! Silly name (but I have to admit I think Bear is kinda sweet. Probably not when he's 45 though!)

I am a teacher so am finding names more and more bizarre. I recently heard of a girl called "ladybird" and a boy called "spaceship". I don't bat an eyelid now in class when 1st years come in! (I used to think they were giving me fake names when I first started but I was wrong!!) lol lol the older teachers are so so funny they struggle to get their heads around these types of names!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

January wrote: »
    Off to antenatal appt... appointment not until 3 but I'll be queuing from just after 12... can't stand the long queues for the consultants in the Rotunda.
    Will they see u before 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Baby Lilly born (finally!!!) Monday 24th march at 01.10am weighing 7lb9oz. Beautiful healthy little pet. Had a very quick delivery. Went into hospital at 12.10am and she was out an hour later. Think i went into shock after! lol Hope all mums and babies r doing well xxx

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Baby Lilly born (finally!!!) Monday 24th march at 01.10am weighing 7lb9oz. Beautiful healthy little pet. Had a very quick delivery. Went into hospital at 12.10am and she was out an hour later. Think i went into shock after! lol Hope all mums and babies r doing well xxx

Congrats sligo1! I was thinking of you over the weekend. Enjoy every minute x x

Yayyyyyyyyy!:D I'm so thrilled for you all, she sounds delightful and you've chosen a lovely name for the little one. Congratulations xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Brilliant news. Huge congratulations. I love the name! Its on my list .......am I banned from using it now:P?

Delighted to hear all went well. Hope you and your beautiful little girl get lots of rest and home soon (or as soon as you want to).

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    Will they see u before 3?

Just out :) they give all afternoon appts the same time so queue can be mental

Congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Just out :) they give all afternoon appts the same time so queue can be mental

I've an appointment on Thursday for 1:30, what time should I go!

I think 1 is the midwives clinic start time and it seems that they call names instead of numbers there so arrive for 1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats :)
    That is the same as my last 2 deliveries !

Anyone had the glucose test in Rotunda? I lost my letter and wanted to read over it before Weds:(

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Congrats :)
    That is the same as my last 2 deliveries !

Lol... I didnt get any pain relief coz was so fast and I remember asking the midwife on my contraction before I started to push "Am I dead?"!!!! Lol.

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Anyone had the glucose test in Rotunda? I lost my letter and wanted to read over it before Weds:(

Had mine there 8 weeks back. What do you want to know?

Had mine there 8 weeks back. What do you want to know?

Thanks Jan, what time do you have to fast from the night before, and all details about where in hospital it is and what happens, is it three blood tests, once before lucozade and two after at one hour intervals? Thanks so much!

Fasting from 8pm night before, no fluids allowed whatsoever. It's in main outpatients, down by where the usual bloods are taken, don't bother going to check in, just go down to blood test area as they have your chart down there already. They bring you in, take first bloods, then give you lucozade that has to be drank within 10 mins of first blood test. Then two more blood tests at one hour intervals after the first bloods. You have to stay at hospital during the tests because they want you resting so the results aren't skewed so bring a book/magazines to read. You get tea and toast afterwards.

Fasting from 8pm night before, no fluids allowed whatsoever. It's in main outpatients, down by where the usual bloods are taken, don't bother going to check in, just go down to blood test area as they have your chart down there already. They bring you in, take first bloods, then give you lucozade that has to be drank within 10 mins of first blood test. Then two more blood tests at one hour intervals after the first bloods. You have to stay at hospital during the tests because they want you resting so the results aren't skewed so bring a book/magazines to read. You get tea and toast afterwards.

That's perfect Jan thanks so much that's all I need to know!:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Lol... I didnt get any pain relief coz was so fast and I remember asking the midwife on my contraction before I started to push "Am I dead?"!!!! Lol.

I didn't have any on the 3 of them but on my hospital notes the last 2 labours are marked down as 32 and 34 minutes.
    My 1st labour was long ,think it was 2 1/2 hours;)
    I found the 2nd terrifying tbh it was too intense and I had no idea it would be over quickly,I was in shock after. The 3rd I looked at the clock and it was half past and I knew I would be holding him within the 30 minutes.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I didn't have any on the 3 of them but on my hospital notes the last 2 labours are marked down as 32 and 34 minutes.
    My 1st labour was long ,think it was 2 1/2 hours;)
    I found the 2nd terrifying tbh it was too intense and I had no idea it would be over quickly,I was in shock after. The 3rd I looked at the clock and it was half past and I knew I would be holding him within the 30 minutes.

Gosh Moonbeam!!! youve got a few wee racehorses there!!! Yea I think I might've gone into a bit of shock after. I started shaking like a leaf and couldn't stop. I initially said I wanted to try and go without the pain relief and see how far I got but when I got to 8cm (without realising coz it was so quick) and midwife then said I no longer had a choice it really made me panic initially. Got through it tho and feeding my lovely little girl now :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Congrats Sligo!!

Advertisement