Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭KittenCaboodle

spupazza wrote: »
    Hi girls!! It has passed a month since I had my little girl.

I'm so happy and I wished to thank you all for your support and advice.

Thanks.

Here a picture:

Ah would you look at the little woman!

Congrats!

Had my scan yesterday and was put forward 4 days (makes sense as I thought I got my positive at 8dpo, so 12 is more realistic!) so I'm now 10 weeks and 4 days and due on January 29th. Going to tell people Feb still so I don't get any annoying texts!

Got to see the little thingymabub having a great time in there wriggling around like no one's business, having a good kick for itself too. The ickle heartbeat was class too.

So only 1 and a half weeks until the 12 week milestone and I'm delighted. Couldn't get the grin off my husband's face yesterday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Glad everything is going well for you Kittencaboodle:):):)

Be careful though, early scans aren't very accurate on dates. I was told i was only 8 weeks when I knew myself I was at least 10, but then at my next scan (at the supposed 28 weeks) I was actually 31! It caused a lot of trouble for the pregnancy as my partner was convinced the baby couldn't be his because the dates didn't add up! Was fit to kill the ultrasound technician in CUMH!

And most babies go over the due date anyway:rolleyes: inconsiderate little things!

Have you told anyone outside of immediate family:)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Glad everything is going well for you Kittencaboodle:):):)

Be careful though, early scans aren't very accurate on dates. I was told i was only 8 weeks when I knew myself I was at least 10, but then at my next scan (at the supposed 28 weeks) I was actually 31! It caused a lot of trouble for the pregnancy as my partner was convinced the baby couldn't be his because the dates didn't add up! Was fit to kill the ultrasound technician in CUMH!

And most babies go over the due date anyway:rolleyes: inconsiderate little things!

Have you told anyone outside of immediate family:)

Well I knew I was at the minimum 10 weeks today, though that would have meant that I got a positive test 8 days after ovulation (it was a strong one), so 12 makes more sense. I also had ovulation pain 4 days earlier and the right mucus for about 5 days. So it's not conflicting with my dates really, I was just playing it safe by using the latest possible date (the one before the temp spike).

Yep, fully expecting to go overdue, my Mum did for all of us!

I've told my boss and one work colleague as I am being moved to a new job and wanted advice. Also I wanted my free half day yesterday!

We actually haven't told the whole family yet either, we told my husband's parents and siblings last night (they handily all still live in the same house!), I have yet to tell my siblings, father and grandmother. It's really my dad and gran I'm worried about telling, in my Dad's case it'll be meeting him to tell him and that he won't be seeing it or me unless he's sober (he's one step up from a wino at the moment), so I'm trying to get psyched up. Plus the stink of him and my morning sickness ain't going to mix very well.

My gran lives in a home (also smells that make me nauseous) but she's incredibly negative can be very cutting. It's going to be an emotional few weeks going around the place. I need to get it out of the way though so I can start telling folks that I like and want to share it with.

We told only my partners' sister and my best friend as soon as we knew in June last year. Then we kept it quiet until September! We told his mum, my father and all our friends then. It was funny trying to hide my bump! We went to a wedding and everything and my MIL made nasty comments on how I was getting fat, I couldn't stop laughing!

It's recommended not to tell people for 12 weeks but its the hardest 12 weeks ever because you want to scream it from the roof tops and because your as sick as a dog! do you get much morning sickness

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    We told only my partners' sister and my best friend as soon as we knew in June last year. Then we kept it quiet until September! We told his mum, my father and all our friends then. It was funny trying to hide my bump! We went to a wedding and everything and my MIL made nasty comments on how I was getting fat, I couldn't stop laughing!

It's recommended not to tell people for 12 weeks but its the hardest 12 weeks ever because you want to scream it from the roof tops and because your as sick as a dog! do you get much morning sickness

Yeah I was quite sick, not so much now but smells really turn me.

Just a week and a half away from 12 weeks now, but after seeing it yesterday and it's good measurements and heartbeats, I think it's time to get the whole family in the loop, then change my phone number :p

I'm already in maternity trousers as I have IBS and any pressure on my tummy has been making me sick since getting pregnant, so all my long tops are on constant rotation.

I usen't eat because i was sick and I was sick because I didn't eat! Evil viscious circle!!! The trackie bottoms in front f the tv was a favourite of mine, even if I couldn't get comfortable! The prenancy seems to last forever but when it ended I actually cannot remember what it felt like to be pregnant.

BTW some advice, start trying to prevent stretch marks early!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

spup... congrats, what a head of hair! :D

Moonlight, only just saw your message now. I'm fine out. Work has been crazy for the last week so I actually haven't had time to think about anything else. Am knackered now that it's calmed down a bit! Going on mat leave on 31st July. Seems like so long away but I know it'll fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

20 years old, engaged to be married next summer....found out last night that im 6 weeks pregnant!!! Don't know what to think, this changes everything.

I'm still in shock, and absoloutely miserable. lol I don't think pregnancy agrees with me.
    My hormones have gone crazy. I pee all the time. Moprning sickness started yesterday. Headaches, sore boobs, severe exhaustion, backache!! The list goes on.

I didn;t think this was normal. But my back has such a dull ache all the time it's hard to sleep at night. I wasn't expecting that till the third trimester. Hopefully it will go away for the second trimester?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Neverwhere wrote: »
    20 years old, engaged to be married next summer....found out last night that im 6 weeks pregnant!!! Don't know what to think, this changes everything.

I'm still in shock, and absoloutely miserable. lol I don't think pregnancy agrees with me.
    My hormones have gone crazy. I pee all the time. Moprning sickness started yesterday. Headaches, sore boobs, severe exhaustion, backache!! The list goes on.

I didn;t think this was normal. But my back has such a dull ache all the time it's hard to sleep at night. I wasn't expecting that till the third trimester. Hopefully it will go away for the second trimester?

Yep. All very familiar! I'm a bit better in most respects now but I think mostly I've just got used to feeling like crud!

• Advertisement

God I remember how you're feeling! I was so shocked and miserable when I found out. Couldn't believe it was after happening. You will get through it and I know you probably don't want to hear it but you'll come around in time. It took me a few weeks to actually be happy about it. Even when I told my folks I wasn't sure if I was happy or not. Now I'm delighted the way things have turned out and can't wait to meet our smallie.

My back was at me before I ever knew I was pregnant. I thought it was from studying and leaning over the table... Duh!! It went away though after a few weeks. The toilet thing and tiredness went away in the 2nd trimester too. Boy does it come back in the third tho!!

Neverwhere, I was 21 when I found out I was pregnant and believe me like most other women here, I too was upset and confused at first. But it is life changing news and it does take a while to sink in!

as for the absolutely hellish symptoms, they are normal, morning sickness is not only for morning time! Drink loads of fluids for the headaches, sadly the boobs will be sore for a good while, sleep when you can and I never had back ache so I can't help you there! The first trimester I thought was the hardest. It does get easier for the second and the third isn't as bad as you think either, just beware of the piles! even though you need a bathroom every 5 min I suggest loads of fluids, when you are peeing alot you are losing more fluid, and dehydration causes terrible headaches!

Congrats and take time to get used to the pregnancy. Contrary to most peoples belief it is not the end of the world. My partner thought my pregnancy was the end of the world. Our son is now 5 months old and his dad is completely in love with being a dad! he worships our little man!

goawayouttadat how are you, you are due very soon arent you. Thinking of you here:):):)

Just realised that I have tickets to see Eddie Izzard on December 14th when I'll be almost 8 months gone. It's in the O2. If I'm feeling well enough I plan on going but I reckon I should check out where the nearest maternity hospital is! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Had the worst night sleep last night I just cant get comfy at all!! this baby mustve been lying on a nerve cos as soon as i changed position I had this sharp pain!! grr really need a rant this morning!

I cursed myself the last day was giving out to my mam bout not going to any weddings this yr unless it was really close family and what happens... I get an invite in the post for August, It will be 2 weeks before im going to be brought in so 3 weeks before actual due date. Hubby has said he would like to go (its his friend) and he is going to drive and not drink as a just in case and we can leave when we like! I just dont know what to do!

Baby at scan was 4lb 120z 2 weeks ago so im gonna have a lil buster !! dreading the thought of them telling me Ive to have a C section..purely because of recovery period, Have my dd starting shool September 1st so I want to be there for her!

Apologies for the rant I just needed to let it all out !

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Just realised that I have tickets to see Eddie Izzard on December 14th when I'll be almost 8 months gone. It's in the O2. If I'm feeling well enough I plan on going but I reckon I should check out where the nearest maternity hospital is! :o

If it's any consolation I went to the prodigy when I was 7 and a half months gone and had the best night :D It's great waking up in the morning with no hangover when everyone else is suffering lol

Galwaygirl, that sucks about the wedding. Are you going to go? When are you due again? You must be around the same time as me? I'm the 17th Aug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is meant ot be a blessing for a couple to have a clearly preggers lady at the wedding as she becomes a symbol of fertility and the idea is that it then rubs off on to the couple getting married.

Now a lot of brides can't abide the idea of having another woman be a possible focus of notice on the day, but if you can manage and feel able to go I think it's wonderful thing to be asked.

If it's any consolation I went to the prodigy when I was 7 and a half months gone and had the best night :D It's great waking up in the morning with no hangover when everyone else is suffering lol

I'm looking forward to it alright, only thing is I'll be the other side of the country from my hospital and probably laughing till my sides split. Got really good seats too.

How are you doing, is the little fella still hanging on in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm looking forward to it alright, only thing is I'll be the other side of the country from my hospital and probably laughing till my sides split. Got really good seats too.

How are you doing, is the little fella still hanging on in there?

The Rotunda is the nearest hospital to the o2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Well i had to laugh out loud at the idea of me being really heavily pregnant as a sign of fertillity.. really had such a giggle. We decided to accept the invite cos he is a close friend of OH. Think the amount of laughter to be had on the day will lift the mood around that time me thinks.

I had a blissful nights sleep last night had the big bed all to myself! Going to decorate the babys room and hall today with the help of the OH, well im going to try anyway.

Im due officially the 13th Sept they said they will induce me at least a week before on 6th September but going by my own dates I reckon its 28th August.. confusing ! They have insisted on going by early scan had one at what i thought i was 10 weeks and they said i was 8 weeks. But baby has alway measured on average week to 10 days ahead...so try and figure that one out!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I had OMD tickets but was too pregnant to go:( Some people can manage it personally I could not.
    I could not have stood for that long!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Rotunda is the nearest hospital to the o2 ;)

I would have though Holles St would be nearer?

Anyway there are 3 good hospitals really near and always an ambulance onsite:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I had OMD tickets but was too pregnant to go:( Some people can manage it personally I could not.
    I could not have stood for that long!

I hate standing at gigs even when I'm not pregnant. I have lovely seats for this one near the front. Very much looking forward to it so hopefully I'll be physically able to go. I'll have about 6 weeks left to go at that stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hello Das Kitty... oh Eddie Izzard, nice, I must have missed that being advertised... I'm guessing it's sold out??
    Anyway just thought I'd let you know I am coming up to week 35 this Friday and will be at U2 in Croke Park!! Seated section obviously, but I had the tickets before I realised just how far along I'd be!! Woops!! Looking forward to it though I have to say and Rotunda very near :D, but I'm devastated I'm missing Metallica in Marley Park the following week, no seats is too much of a risk I think... risk in the 'won't enjoy it' sense, not the 'bringing on labour' sense... mind you a good dose of loud ROCK could be added to the 'bring on labour' thread that's on here at the mo! :D and maybe after Eddie Izzard you can add 'side splitting' comedy to the list!

Chuchu wrote: »
    Hello Das Kitty... oh Eddie Izzard, nice, I must have missed that being advertised... I'm guessing it's sold out??

The first date is but there's a second one added now on the 15th.

If you know someone on O2 you can get priority booking, which is how I got my sweet seats.

Seating, you will be fine:)
    Have a great time.

oh please oh please oh please just ****ing kill me.

Miracles of birth my ass. Just get the damn seamonkey out of me already. I know some women barely know their pregnant and have a wonderful old time...I am not one of them.

Don't know my due date yet, should find out in another week. I'm about 7 weeks along...maybe a little more? Am so violently ill. Im fainting, im vomiting, im constipated, i have horrible cramps and back aches and i want to hurt myself about now.

My symptoms got worse in the few days between 6 and 7 weeks. When do they start to calm down again? Seriously, how much of this have I got left?

Sorry for rant.

oh please oh please oh please just ****ing kill me.

Miracles of birth my ass. Just get the damn seamonkey out of me already. I know some women barely know their pregnant and have a wonderful old time...I am not one of them.

Don't know my due date yet, should find out in another week. I'm about 7 weeks along...maybe a little more? Am so violently ill. Im fainting, im vomiting, im constipated, i have horrible cramps and back aches and i want to hurt myself about now.

My symptoms got worse in the few days between 6 and 7 weeks. When do they start to calm down again? Seriously, how much of this have I got left?

Sorry for rant.

If you're actually fainting you should talk to the doctor missus, they might be able to do something for you. Yeah weeks 6-9 were the worst for me, started evening out a little after that and got my appetite back week 11, still up and down though but nothing as bad as what you describe.

In general the placenta starts taking over around 10 weeks to 15 weeks, but it's not guaranteed that the symptoms will go away (though you'd be very unlucky if they didn't).

If you're constantly being sick and fainting there's a real risk of dehydration. Give your GP a shout, hopefully they'll be able to do something for you.

Take care.

Thanks, I think im most grumpy cause im so so hungry and am craving things, but I cant actually eat anything. I tend to get grumpy when im hungry.

I'm in england with the OH at the moment, will be booking an appointment with doc as soon as i get home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Keep eating little bites and drinking sips of water and consider seeing a dr asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep, your probably fainting cos your not eating and your blood sugars are getting low. Try eating little things, dry foods was all I could handle in the early stages, so anything minus the sauce in really small amounts. Plain grilled chicken seen me through my dinners for quite a while.

Advertisement