Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Well just said I'd post an update. Went for check up yesterday at the hosp and was just expecting the normal routine. Doc did a scan to see what weight the baby was and decided she didn't like the amount of fluid around the baby. She said it'd reduced since two weeks ago so she booked me in to be induced on Saturday!
    Can't believe it... am only 38 weeks on Monday and was fully convinced I'd go ten days over. Only finished work yesterday. It's all a bit mad. Even though I've had months to get used to the idea I think it only sunk in yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Oh wow gowayouttadat... that's mental!! You must be delighted and frecked all at once... I am only getting to the stage now where I think I'll be going over the full 10 to 14 days too (week 36 now) as up until now was convinced I'd go early... its mad the way your brain settles into various thoughts and ideas but then things take a course of their own... be sure to keep us all posted and hope it all goes well. x:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

38 weeks is full term so that is good:)

Good luck,can't wait to see pics of babs *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Good luck gowayoutadat. Must be strange knowing when baby will be arriving. I always think of it as anytime two weeks before or after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Good luck gowayouttadat! Can't wait to see your baby!

• Advertisement

Well we're home... I had to go to the hospital on Friday to trace the babies heartbeat and they brought me in on Friday to induce me because they said it was better on a Friday because of the bank holiday weekend. What a few days.
    My little man, Jack, was born on Sat night at 10.30pm weighing in at 6lbs even. He's adorable and we're delighted with him. We got home this morning so just settling in now. Will upload pics later :)

In the end it wasn't even necessary to induce me as when they broke my waters they said the fluid was perfectly normal. Better safe than sorry though I suppose. Hard enough labour, didn't get given the epi until I was 9 cms which made the pushing part extremely difficult cuz I couldn't feel any pushing sensation but could still feel the pressure but it's all done now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

congrats!! My internets been down, but delighted to hear about your little guy. Can't wait to see pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well we're home... I had to go to the hospital on Friday to trace the babies heartbeat and they brought me in on Friday to induce me because they said it was better on a Friday because of the bank holiday weekend. What a few days.
    My little man, Jack, was born on Sat night at 10.30pm weighing in at 6lbs even. He's adorable and we're delighted with him. We got home this morning so just settling in now. Will upload pics later :)

In the end it wasn't even necessary to induce me as when they broke my waters they said the fluid was perfectly normal. Better safe than sorry though I suppose. Hard enough labour, didn't get given the epi until I was 9 cms which made the pushing part extremely difficult cuz I couldn't feel any pushing sensation but could still feel the pressure but it's all done now.
    Delighted that all went well - hugs!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congrats gowayouttadat!

Congrats and well done!

• Advertisement

I'm back...had a faint positive yesterday but thought that my eyes were playing tricks...then a negative this morning (different test) then for the sake of it and because I always seem to get my results at night I did one now and it was possitive...the thing is that I just had a hot bath, had panadol for a really bad tooth ache (which I still have but I do not care about now)...I am so scared that I will loose this one too...the thing is that I tested 3 days early and this is the first time that an early test has ever proven positive...am so scared of loosing this one. I had a chemical pregnancy in June and July so am shaking like a leaf.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I'm back...had a faint positive yesterday but thought that my eyes were playing tricks...then a negative this morning (different test) then for the sake of it and because I always seem to get my results at night I did one now and it was possitive...the thing is that I just had a hot bath, had panadol for a really bad tooth ache (which I still have but I do not care about now)...I am so scared that I will loose this one too...the thing is that I tested 3 days early and this is the first time that an early test has ever proven positive...am so scared of loosing this one. I had a chemical pregnancy in June and July so am shaking like a leaf.

Hi hun,
    Early congratulations to you. Will keep you in my thoughts and pray that your little bean is healthy and growing strong in there. Good luck hun. Don't stress, take it easy. Put your feet up!!

Congrats my dear.

Got everything crossed for you!

Are you going to get your HCG and progesterone levels checked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

congrats gowayouttadat.

Hope things work out for you Cathy.

Congrats Cathy! Am thrilled for you... hope it all goes well. Keep us up to date :)

Here is my little fella:
    mbjs55.jpg

We are completely and utterly smitten. He's a great little fella so far. Sleeps loads, wakes every night at around 10pm and stays awake for about 3 hours or so and then settles down for the night. He'll wake for feeds but go straight back to sleep afterwards... I know I'm probably jinxing it now though and he'll be awake all night :)

He's beautiful.

Still hard to believe that I'll have one of those in less than 6 months...

He's a little stunner gowayouttadat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

hes a doteen! Congratulations!!!

oh my god he's gorgeous! I'm with Das Kitty. Still doesnt seem real that i'll be getting one in 6 months!

Oh wow too cute for words!!! BIG CONGRATS!!!
    Ditto, anytime from now and in the next four weeks for us.... GULP!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Good luck Cathy really hope all goes well.

Gowayoutadat he is lovely!! I really want mine this minute....still 8 weeks to go. Just can't wait.

I was positive at nights and negatives in the morning for a few days...then last night it was negative but I did a test again in the evening, it was pos, I figured out the prob, i drink a lot at nighr...drank less and hey presto, am now 4 weeks...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*hugs* Cathy.
    I hope everything goes well this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Congrats Cathy!! I wish you all the best. I have read your posts before so i'm praying extra hard for you my dear. xx

Praying for you Cathy! Make sure to take it easy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

goawayouttadat - he is gorgeous!!!!You must be thrilled!

CathyMoran - Again praying for you and keep positive thoughts! We are all thinking of you, keep us updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Samanthawho

Hi, I am very worried about doing my test. I have never ever been late and I know its only short and it’s probably funny, but I am two days late! I have some signs, but I could be imagining it. I have always been like clock work and have never in the past 10 years been late once. I did mess up my pill bout 5 weeks ago :confused:

I’m going to do the test when I get home. If I can wait that long!!

Cathy I’m so happy for you and I really hope this time goes perfectly.

Samantha - how'd you get on with the test?

Cathy - thinking of you, hope it's all going well!

Wolf - we're totally smitten. It helps that he's a good baby! He's just so cute but then again we're totally biased :D
    He went through a growth spurt last weekend and was so fussy but he's back to normal again and being a grand little fella. He had his two week check up on Monday and is up a pound on his birth weight already so we're delighted :D
    Boy is it hard work though... I was totally naive beforehand and didn't realise how hard it was actually going to be!

on progesterone, and have very bad morning sickness and hives, off sick
    am happy to be so ill if that makes any sense?

• Advertisement

Woo hoo, delighted for you Cathy, just saw rest of this thread now... hope it all goes well, mad how being sick can actually be a good thing, enjoy and rest up.:)

Advertisement