Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I miss runny scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Mmmmm. And sushi. And nice cheese. A dietition told me last time no goats cheese as u cant be sure if it is unpasturised and no unpasturised cheese at all even when cooked :( also no feta or creamcheese or blue cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pipster

detoxkid wrote: »
    I miss runny scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Mmmmm. And sushi. And nice cheese. A dietition told me last time no goats cheese as u cant be sure if it is unpasturised and no unpasturised cheese at all even when cooked :( also no feta or creamcheese or blue cheese.

I though feta and cream cheese were ok? I read the feta packet recently and it said its pasteurized and I would have thought cream cheese was very processed so no bugs??

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

pipster wrote: »
    I though feta and cream cheese were ok? I read the feta packet recently and it said its pasteurized and I would have thought cream cheese was very processed so no bugs??

I think anything pasteurised is ok. That's what I've been following

Did anyone hear Newstalk talking the other day about the statistics on pregnant women drinking during their pregnancy. Something like 40% admitted to binge drinking during their 1st trimester and they were going mad. I would have thought most of those people didn’t know they were pregnant and were probably very upset to admit that.

It also said 80% of Irish people have said they drank during their pregnancy when I also think that maybe those people just drank 1 glass of wine towards the end. I’m pregnant and haven’t drank but I just find it frustrating when people don’t think of other possibilities and compare it to giving a 4yr old a glass of wine. Maybe my hormones have made me more angry!! :)

Did anyone hear Newstalk talking the other day about the statistics on pregnant women drinking during their pregnancy. Something like 40% admitted to binge drinking during their 1st trimester and they were going mad. I would have thought most of those people didn’t know they were pregnant and were probably very upset to admit that.

It also said 80% of Irish people have said they drank during their pregnancy when I also think that maybe those people just drank 1 glass of wine towards the end. I’m pregnant and haven’t drank but I just find it frustrating when people don’t think of other possibilities and compare it to giving a 4yr old a glass of wine. Maybe my hormones have made me more angry!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

pipster wrote: »
    Did anyone hear Newstalk talking the other day about the statistics on pregnant women drinking during their pregnancy.

I read this in the paper the other day and thought it was very misleading.

I haven't had any acohol mainly because we were trying and I actively avoided it. Had we fallen pregnant by surprise I am pretty certain I would fall into those stats up until I had a positive test!!

I would have loved more clarity in the figures, like define drinking? One glass of bubbles over the course of 9 months?? Or wine every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

On that note, I have discovered non alcoholic Kopperberg is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

pooch90 wrote: »
    On that note, I have discovered non alcoholic Kopperberg is lovely!

Where do you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone have small gaps between children? How did you manage during pregnancy??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

je551e wrote: »
    Where do you get that?

Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Lashes28 wrote: »

My youngest will be 13 months when this baby arrives in September.

I'm finding it tough I get tired very easily but it has been the least complicated of my 4 pregnancies so can't really complain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I have a 14 month gap, a 20 month gap and then a 2 and a half year gap. My easiest was the 14 month gap!

January wrote: »
    I have a 14 month gap, a 20 month gap and then a 2 and a half year gap. My easiest was the 14 month gap!

Yikes! You must have a busy house :)

This is our first (hopefully) and all going well, in my naivety, I think I would like to start trying again when his one is 6 months ish......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yikes! You must have a busy house :)

This is our first (hopefully) and all going well, in my naivety, I think I would like to start trying again when his one is 6 months ish......

Busy busy! It's all good :)

My first baby was 5 months old when I got pregnant on my second. I'm not going to lie the pregnancy was hard. But having a baby and a wobbler was easy enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Lashes28 wrote: »

My little girl was born a day before my little boys first birthday :eek: :D The pregnancy was tough, especially towards the end but it flew because my little man kept me on my toes. I was housebound from around 7 months because of back problems and my OH was working around the clock so that was definitely the hardest bit but I just kept telling myself that the end was in sight. My little boy is a quiet child so it was easy enough to entertain him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ah, this morning sickness will be my downfall, I've discovered that the only thing that makes me feel half way human is carbs! and more carbs! Aggh.

It's perfectly normal to worry about the cost of a new baby, right???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Ah, this morning sickness will be my downfall, I've discovered that the only thing that makes me feel half way human is carbs! and more carbs! Aggh.

Awww I didn't know you were preggers m'dear! What wonderful news, congrats!xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Thanks for the replies I'll be here annoying ye with questions and worries. I'm due in February with my daughter turning one in the January.

How did you get on with telling work? At the minute I'm still on maternity leave I'm dreading going back to tell them I'll be gone again.eeek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Awh congrats Ivy and Lashes I didn't know ye were expecting! :D

I didn't actually go back to work between my 2 because of my back problems. So when my maternity leave was up, I just started sending in sick certs with pregnancy written all over them :o Cowardly and cheeky but I work for a big company and don't usually deal with HR directly so not too much of an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Eek I didn't realise you were pregnant! Congratulations!! :-)

Thanks all! I'm not long pregnant, just 7 weeks, that's why I haven't said anything til now!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Thanks all! I'm not long pregnant, just 7 weeks, that's why I haven't said anything til now!

Congratulations Ivy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Congratulations Ivy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ciar21

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but there is a research study going on in Cork which is looking into pre eclampsia and premature birth. It's called IMPROvED and basically you have 2 extra visits with a midwife and a 20 week growth scan!!

You have to be a first time mum and under 17 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Ah Ivy, just seen your news ! Congratulations!

Everything seems to be happening earlier on this pregnancy, the morning sickness is long gone, I'm not in my second trimester yet but the sexy hormones are flying around. Oh and the crying at stupid things on the telly has started already. And my tummy has really popped out. I had a tiny bump last time, I feel I'm going to be massive this time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Only just pregnant on my second baby now. Did everyone pop their bump very early in their second? Just wondering how long I can hide it for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

yellow hen wrote: »
    Only just pregnant on my second baby now. Did everyone pop their bump very early in their second? Just wondering how long I can hide it for!

Had my second baby 8 weeks ago but definitely popped early this time. I had a proper bump by 4 months whereas last time I could have hidden it till I was about 6 months.

Huge congrats by the way I'm thrilled for you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

I'm 10+3 on my first and starting to pop a bit... feel like I'm going to end up huge!

Advertisement