Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Sounds like you're being well looked after. I have my fingers crossed that all goes well. When is your next scan?

He's doing great! He's five weeks now tomorrow. Can't believe that 5 weeks has gone by already. He's a very good baby, very placid and barely cries so we've been lucky so far. Most nights he's good too and wakes only once for his bottle so we're not doing too badly!
    In 2 weeks...the oby is very sarcastic and funny so I trust him.

lolli wrote: »
    when did you guys get a bump? i'm 21 weeks now and its still not obvious. Also does anyone know how I book ante-natal classes or where?
    I am only early stages but I feel fat! Was a bit underweight so they are encouraging me to eat. I think that you should ask about ani-natal classes in the hospital you are attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Thanks Cathy, I'm due at the hospital on the 24th so i'll ask then.

I am about 2 stone over weight but i've been losing weight since I got pregnant. Finding it hard to eat.
    CathyMoran wrote: »
    I am only early stages but I feel fat! Was a bit underweight so they are encouraging me to eat. I think that you should ask about ani-natal classes in the hospital you are attending?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

when did you guys get a bump? i'm 21 weeks now and its still not obvious. Also does anyone know how I book ante-natal classes or where?

I've had a little bump since week 13.

At some stage yesterday my tummy popped out, I woke up yesterday morning with a modest bump, I went to bed with one sticking out as far as my boobs! My belly button is turning inside out too. I'm 19 weeks.

Junior was moving a lot yesterday so I reckon he stretched out his little room! ;)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I've had a little bump since week 13.

At some stage yesterday my tummy popped out, I woke up yesterday morning with a modest bump, I went to bed with one sticking out as far as my boobs! My belly button is turning inside out too. I'm 19 weeks.

Junior was moving a lot yesterday so I reckon he stretched out his little room! ;)

Aww thats cute, I can feel mine moving too. My mother said maybe i don;t have much fluid yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I didn't get a bump! I had a very hard time convincing people I worked with I was actually pregnant. Only believed me when I had a scan at 32 weeks and brought in the scan photograph. Lasted all the way to my due date... My daughter was 6lb when she was born.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Well i said id drop by and let you know how we are all getting on. Caoimhe is 6 weeks tomorrow(its true, time really does fly by). She is doing so well and getting really huge. She is starting to sleep through the night now too, we put her down at 12 last night and she didnt wake until 9 this morning. Even if she does need a feed its only once a night.

The only time ive heard her cry for more than 10 seconds was last weekend after she got her BCG injection, she got the jab on the Thursday and was very down and sad on Saturday and Sunday but she's back to normal now thank god.

This was her this morning when i looked into her moses basket, and she's the same most mornings :D

caoimhe105.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

I didn't get a bump! I had a very hard time convincing people I worked with I was actually pregnant. Only believed me when I had a scan at 32 weeks and brought in the scan photograph. Lasted all the way to my due date... My daughter was 6lb when she was born.

I was the exact same as adrieanne. I had the smallest bump the whole way through. Any time I went for a cons appointment she'd end up scanning me because when she measured my bump with the measuring tape she always said it was measuring small. Then when she'd do the scan she'd say the baby was perfect for it's dates!
    Same as adrieanne... Jack was 6lbs when he was born.

Thanks girls, maybe its just a small baby then. I was hoping for one around 6lb. :D:D

Thanks girls, maybe its just a small baby then. I was hoping for one around 6lb. :D:D

Haha! I was 38 weeks and went in for a check up and they were so worried baby was small for dates that they sent me for scan. They said baby was around 7lbs and doc said "a bit on the small side but how and ever..." my mam was with me and she nearly throttled the doc saying "a 7lb baby is not a small baby! that's a good size baby! stop making her worried!!". Doc didn't know what to say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

CathyMoran, as a non-motherly person who sometimes lurks in here (odd perhaps!), I had followed some of your previous posts so I'm really delighted to read about your news. Keep well!

Haha! I was 38 weeks and went in for a check up and they were so worried baby was small for dates that they sent me for scan. They said baby was around 7lbs and doc said "a bit on the small side but how and ever..." my mam was with me and she nearly throttled the doc saying "a 7lb baby is not a small baby! that's a good size baby! stop making her worried!!". Doc didn't know what to say!

Haha fair play to your mother. :) No i would think 4lb is small but 6-7 myself and my siblings all weighed between that.

My boyfriend was trying to freak me out because he was like 12lb. :eek::eek:

Melion she's dotey!

My little fella is exactly a week behind your little one. He's five weeks tomorrow. I wish he'd sleep from 12 to 9!! I thought he was doing good because he only wakes once for a bottle most nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Im 36 weeks now and only started getting big in the past month or so my bump is huge now:eek:Its like a football. I only found out I was pregnant at 13 weeks had no bump whatsoever. I'm not skinny though. I think on slimmer women a bump is more noticeable:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

melion-- baby is so grgeous!! what a beautiful smile. :) \

Lolli -- i got my bump at 12/13 weeks. I'm 14 weeks now and i have a definate baby bump....still small, but not a beer belly either. I don;t know if thats normal though, i dont think most people get bumps like this so early.

it btter not be a huge baby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Hello everyone hope yer all doing well !! Thought id share after posting about contractions and not really contractions. Was brought in for induction Thursday morning because the need for insulin had dropped way off to not needing any which apparantly is relatively normal and common but a sign that placenta has done its job and pregnancy is nearing an end. Anyway got first round of gel for induction at 12 was examined at 4 and though i had pains they werent anything too intense wasnt effaced and only 1cm dialated, After that I was examined at 6pm and still nothing major happening but contractions were really strong so they decided to move me to labour ward for them to break my waters, I was dreading this and begged for an epidural they said no so they gave me another internal and told me to go the loo before they did break them, while there I had a show..maybe tmi pains came fast then doctor broke my waters and oh boy.... the pain, asked for epidural said no i had gone from 2cm to 10cm in less than 5 mins got some gas and air and less than 20 mins later I had my Lovely lil boy in my arms! 55cm long weighing 9lb 10oz !! We are thrilled to bits with him his big sister adores him and he is a great lil baby!! Thanks to everyone on here who took time to read and offered very good advice and a good laugh too!! Ill of course still be looking in and seeing how all the rest of the pregnancies are going!!! Best of Luck to one and all ! xx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations girl!

Why wouldn't they give you the epidural at 1cm? I'm guessing that it's the same hospital I'll be attending and whilst I'm planning to try to avoid an epi, I'd like to think they'd give me one if I couldn't handle it!

Congrats Galwaygirleen! Great birth story. Lucky you with it being so quick in the end!

Das Kitty don't they say you're not in established labour until you're 3 or 4cm so maybe that's why they wouldn't give the epi at 1cm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations galwaygirleen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I looked preggers from about 15 weeks on. Since it was the middle of summer and early autumnI had to wear hoodies and the like to prevent people from noticing:L:L:L

CathyMoran still keeping the fingers crossed. I hope that you are looking after yourself and that Shane is treating you like a princess:)

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I looked preggers from about 15 weeks on. Since it was the middle of summer and early autumnI had to wear hoodies and the like to prevent people from noticing:L:L:L

CathyMoran still keeping the fingers crossed. I hope that you are looking after yourself and that Shane is treating you like a princess:)
    Shane is an angel as usual...still getting bad morning sickness, fatigue but am wearing maternity jeans already. Getting a private scan on Sat for reassurance but will be scanned again the week after. Thanks.

Isn't it great when you get spoilt rotten Cathy... I miss that about being pregnant :D

Good luck on sat. I remember counting down the days to my scans and I know you have a bigger reason to be anxious about it. Will be thinking of you.

How are you getting on wolf? How is the little fella?

Having stomach cramps and loss of breast tenderness so going to hospital, scared.

Praying for you and Shane hun xxx

Having stomach cramps and loss of breast tenderness so going to hospital, scared.

Fingers crossed for you Cathy xxx

Have to eat first as I am diabetic, the food is sticking in me, I just want to know...cramps have increased.

Have to eat first as I am diabetic, the food is sticking in me, I just want to know...cramps have increased.

Like period cramps? Please god it turns out to be nothing. I know early in my pregnancy I used to get all sorts of strange pains and cramps. Best of luck xx

Best of luck Cathy. Praying for you and baby.

Just back - it seems that it was gas, I feel sostupid...baby is fine but it did not do its mummy much good! They said that I could have my dates wrong as it seems big for its age though I am certain of them...very grateful to the doctor and nurse who saw me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thats great news Cathy:)

Advertisement