Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Aww congrats mirrorwall!!(sorry can't help on the app but fingers crossed for you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

shesty wrote: »
    Aww congrats mirrorwall!!(sorry can't help on the app but fingers crossed for you)

Thanks. Oddly enough I'm pretty ok right now. I think it because I'm so relieved after 10 cycles that actually I am still able to get pregnant :D. Whether it sticks or not is a worry for another day.

Found an old post with Gentlebirth and Mind the bump mentioned so gonna go with the latter as Gentlebirth is 12.99 a month which is a bit steep for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Congrats MW, so delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Congrats Mirrorwall!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Stepping back in here again baby number 4 here

• Advertisement

Baby No 4!! Wow congrats to you Betsie... Are ye delighted...

We were only saying last night we would defo have another well fingers crossed :) we shall not presume anything

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

The problem is once you have two it makes you have a very serious think about how badly you want a third...or more.....
    #bloodyhardwork
    :-)

ssssshhhhh nope nope mind my favourite number is 3 :)....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The problem is once you have two it makes you have a very serious think about how badly you want a third...or more.....
    #bloodyhardwork
    Current viewpoint is somewhere in the region of I'd rather jump off a bridge than have a third, particularly in quick succession. 2 is enough for me, particularly considering the fact that my second son had a horrendous birth.

I don’t think I could go through first trimester again and I haven’t even made it fully through this time!

• Advertisement

My view was....we are doing it again bloody soon or it's not happening.The arrival of number two is......wow.Brings parenting to a whole new level.....

So far it's been really hard being pregnant with two smallies.I'll let you know how the rest of it turns out!I was informed by a co-worker (male, dad to 3 small boys) that apparently I'm "playing with the big guys now"!!!!

Ok ladies opinion time. I'm a disaster. I've been a bit of disaster for a few weeks now as ye have probably noticed-freaking out about everything.

Is it really bad form of me to just turn up at the emergency room in the Coombe? They told me not to unless I'm pouring blood and I know I'm not full blown filling a pad or anything like that but I literally cannot breathe I'm so stressed when I go to the bathroom and every time its pink or even brown I'm bawling my eyes out (which is multiple times a day right now) like right now. I'm catastrophizing like a bloody boss and everything is spiralling on me. I threw up Saturday and I haven't since so clearly my symptoms are gone and its all over or my lower back is sore so obviously its a problem even though I know rationally its from sitting on hotel conference chairs all day. I just can't cope right now. I don't want to be taking care from others who need it but I don't think I can do this right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ok ladies opinion time. I'm a disaster. I've been a bit of disaster for a few weeks now as ye have probably noticed-freaking out about everything.

Is it really bad form of me to just turn up at the emergency room in the Coombe? They told me not to unless I'm pouring blood and I know I'm not full blown filling a pad or anything like that but I literally cannot breathe I'm so stressed when I go to the bathroom and every time its pink or even brown I'm bawling my eyes out (which is multiple times a day right now) like right now. I'm catastrophizing like a bloody boss and everything is spiralling on me. I threw up Saturday and I haven't since so clearly my symptoms are gone and its all over or my lower back is sore so obviously its a problem even though I know rationally its from sitting on hotel conference chairs all day. I just can't cope right now. I don't want to be taking care from others who need it but I don't think I can do this right now....

If I were you I would go... there may not be a lot they can do but you’ll feel like you’re doing something. Fingers crossed for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Mirrorwall absolutely go and don’t think twice about it. You need reassurance and are entitled to care just like everyone else. It’s not good for you to be feeling the way you are. Best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I would say go as well. They’ll see how stressed you are and I’m sure they’ll understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

MW do go, its not good for you to be this stressed out. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I agree with the others - you are obviously so stressed that nothing is going to help you other than hearing that heartbeat.

However what I would say though is that, you may hear the heartbeat tonight but what about tomorrow and the next day - how are you going to cope when the anxiety inevitably comes back? And will it end after the first trimester, or will you be constantly stressing about late miscarriage etc?

I think you need to look into ways of dealing with this anxiety, because it sounds truly awful and you are very much suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I would also go, even to just relieve some of the stress from you this evening. But I would also make an appointment with your GP in the morning so you can run through your worries with them. I don't know your history, but it might also be advantageous to have a chat with a councillor who will be able to give you technique's on how to deal with the anxiety. Anxiety can be debilitating at the best of times, I can't imagine what it's like when pregnant.

Thanks for the advice everyone. came in and waiting now. And I do take on board the comments re managing it generally. I was out on stress leave in December after a rough year and I think everything possibly is too much for me right now. Time for some counselling I guess

Edit: Oddly enough if everything is ok, I think just being here will have helped because walking in was really bloody hard but it’s been done once now and I can do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Oh mirrorwall, definitely go get some. It's hard and emotional and sometimes awkward just because your opening up to a complete stranger, which is also kind of cathartic as well because they don't know you from Adam. But it is definitely worth it, even just for the coping techniques. If your having any panic type attacks they will be able to give you breathing techniques that will help minimise the effect and once you recognise your triggers you can use them to avert the attack for the most part.

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Baby No 4!! Wow congrats to you Betsie... Are ye delighted...

We were only saying last night we would defo have another well fingers crossed :) we shall not presume anything

We are still in shock really it's a bit of a surprise but very happy xx
    #bloodyhardwork

Totally agree xx

Mw definitely go in I wouldn't even think twice about it xx

Posted in the other thread too, but mirrorwall I have spent hours of my early pregnancies in the Rotunda waiting room and A&E.It's what they are there for.They have been lovely in all of them, and yes, I know all too well that crippling panic....all too well.Even if they check, and refer you on to the EPU, that is another scan in 7-10 days and more reassurance for you.

I had to learn to live with it in all mine for those first three months but I still went in and took all the early scans they offered.I don't care what anyone thinks.The stress is hard.And be sure to tell them about the previous miscarriage too.

They were fabulous ladies, thank you for the advice. And I'm really glad I did go actually, because apart from anything else I hadn't realised how big a thing it was to walk back in after miscarrying there last year. One more thing done.

The doc was lovely and told me to stop being silly, of course you get checked. Baby and heartbeat visible on abdominal but not much else clear. No visible bleed by the time I was checked but I have a seriously sore spot on my cervix and I'm not a wimp (during check) so she hemmed and hawed about keeping me in for a proper scan in the morning but in the end let me home and back for a scan on Thursday with a promise to come back if the bleeding increases or I get shoulder tip pain. She's worried about ectopic because of one sided pain but short of there being two pregnancies in there, one was definitely in my womb last week and I had been due an ultrasound on that side before I got pregnant due to constant twinging pain anyways so my guess is its something else if anything.

Tired but relieved now and ready to fall into bed. Thank you for listening you wonderful folks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Glad you are feeling relieved Mirrorwall and hope you get some sleep tonight x

Aw that's great to hear mw hope you get a good sleep and take it easy for a few days xx

Good to hear mirrorwall.The internal exam may cause more blood today, so see how it goes.No point in soldiering on, always good to get checked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Is it really bad form of me to just turn up at the emergency room in the Coombe? They told me not to unless I'm pouring blood

Glad you got some reassurance Mirrorwall.

I'm sorry but what kind of advice was that to be given. Simply not good enough IMO

GavMan wrote: »
    Glad you got some reassurance Mirrorwall.

I'm sorry but what kind of advice was that to be given. Simply not good enough IMO

To be fair I think gush was the word used and filling a pad in less than an hour. I do agree that it’s a bit much to be honest. When you don’t see people until 12 weeks, a bleed is something to at least be cautious of in case of ectopic or similar

• Advertisement

It's the ectopic thing that's always in my mind, it's why I just go in.Blood in pregnancy is not "normal" although it can be "normal", if that makes sense, but I always get it checked out initially, make sure everything is where it should be.

Then again I've had the gush too (post-birth) and honestly, that was terrifying.I can see why they say that, there's just so much blood.

Advertisement