Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Thanks, I feel so stupid now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I'm delighted everything is ok. It's hard not to worry especially if things have gone wrong in the past. I'm the same any ache or pain and I'm up the wall with worry. It's usually always gas or wind or a stitch

CathyMoran wrote: »

Don't feel stupid
    Better to see someone who will reassure you of things as worrying does nobody any good

With me now I am worrying as it is large for 8 weeks, the thing is that I am not 8 weeks until Thursday...

Am relieved but suprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Don't feel stupid. better to be safe than sorry. I'm delighted that you and baby are both well.

I went to the hospital at 5 weeks cos I was losing some blood, they were really nice and understanding. they understand that you dont want to lose your baby, especially after all that you have been through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Soo happy for you. Don't be feeling stupid. It's understandable why you were so worried. And don't let it stop you going to the hospital again if you have other pains and are worried.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Cathy - you are so much better safe then sorry.
    If you are worried always act on it.
    You have been through too much to worry needlessly when you can go get checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

I heard my babies heartbeat on tuesday!! I went for my 14 week check up and everything was perfect.
    Picked up a fairly strong heartbeat, and baby got sick of being poked, so we got to hear a kick or two as well! Am so delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

With me now I am worrying as it is large for 8 weeks, the thing is that I am not 8 weeks until Thursday...

Ah a few days here or there are normal, especially on the early scans. The machine / human are only so accurate. We had one around 12 weeks and it said nearly 13 and we were 100% sure of the dates too.

Delighted to hear everything's progressing nicely though. :)

We have a proper scan on Monday, so will finally know the answer to one question that has been bugging me - the other scans have been quick and we did not really get to see the baby...I still get scared every day that we will loose the baby but am enjoying the pregnancy now - put on 7lb so far but I was a bit underweight to begin with and hospital happy.

Best wishes to you and your family.

• Advertisement

We have a proper scan on Monday, so will finally know the answer to one question that has been bugging me - the other scans have been quick and we did not really get to see the baby...I still get scared every day that we will loose the baby but am enjoying the pregnancy now - put on 7lb so far but I was a bit underweight to begin with and hospital happy.

Hope everything goes well on Monday!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Enjoy every bit of it:)
    It is one of the most amazing moments,
    and of course I hope everything goes really well for you both:)

Good luck for your scan Monday Cathy:D

I'm 37 weeks had a scan yesterday. The baby is a lunatic does not stop moving but at least it stops me worrying. I have been having really really bad backache the past few weeks. The doc said it's normal and just take paracetamol. I can hardly walk now tho:eek: Don't know if I can last another month

Jump up and down and then afterwards have a little chat with bump and explain the quicker he/she comes the less you will embarrass them as a teenager;)

I used to have crazy chats with her persuading her to stop kicking,start kicking,please be born etc;)

Looking back I must have been insane;)

She was born at 37 weeks so it may have worked;)

mother and baby and daddy fine, is developing normally, still scared though!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Neverwhere wrote: »
    I heard my babies heartbeat on tuesday!! I went for my 14 week check up and everything was perfect.
    Picked up a fairly strong heartbeat, and baby got sick of being poked, so we got to hear a kick or two as well! Am so delighted.

That's brilliant. Am thrilled for you. How are you feeling??
    CathyMoran wrote:

Great news!!
    I hate to tell you Cathy but you'll be scared the whole way through. I know I was! Terrified if I didn't feel him move for a day, terrified if he was moving too much lol

That is fantastic news:)))

:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D:pac:

Fingers, toes and eyes still crossed for you and Shane though!

That's brilliant. Am thrilled for you. How are you feeling?? l

I don't know. If I'm honest I feel guilty. I was delighted to hear the heartbeat. Strong little baby. But now I feel nothing. I feel completely detatched. Like, the pregnancy felt real for me before, and now it's not. Now I'm just scared thinking that maybe the kids better off without me. It's certainly better off without it's father at the moment. Is that normal?

And moonbeam...i#m going on 16 weeks and am already coaching baby. I poke and tell it "when I poke like this it means HURRY THE HELL UP!" I won't be 2 weeks overdue!

Oh and also...what are the cut off weights for sections? I'm a very small person, and by the looks of my bump ive been told baby looks like it's big enough. Just to stress...i'm quite a small person, I have the bone structure of a BIRD...i dont want to be pushing out something bigger than me!

lol

Normally you only get a section if it is a medical requirement.

I am not huge,or probably should say was not huge!! and it is fine though never ask a mother with a baby under 2 weeks about birth I was still swearing I was never doing it again by week 3 I wanted #2 lol

I was one of these lucky people that put on no weight and was back in size 8 jeans a week later,though mostly due to being sick for 9 months.
    Staying at home with baby girl for 8 months and the weight piled on:(

You will be fine,you and your baby will be best friends,seriously it is weird they are only babies but doing things together is amazingly brilliant.

It is hard when they are only a bump I was so afraid to become too attached to her just in case anyhting went wrong and then when she was full term I just wanted her out so I could mind her.

• Advertisement

Really? I've been told they won't allow you to give birth to a baby they think is too big anymore. For example, I know there are people who have had sections because baby is over 10 pounds or something. I'm just concerned as my mother had pelvis problems with my last sibling and doctors were afraid of pelvis split if she were to give birth naturally.
    My pelvis has been acting up (and im not huge yet) and my bones really are tiny, so im worried about seriously messing myself up if the baby were to be rather large. (which according to genes on the fathers side is very possible)

Really? I loved this baby so much...im rather pathetic, even with everything thats been going on I've been talking to it and making lots of promises. I thought I'd feel differently when I herd the heartbeat. I wasn't hugely over the moon-deep-joy-welling-up-from inside. I couldn't stop smiling, and I felt peaceful. I Woke up the next day feeling detatched, no love and crying all the time. I'm just praying that will change when I have a scan, or feel the baby or give birth to the baby. I'm probably just being paranoid!

Really? I loved this baby so much...im rather pathetic, even with everything thats been going on I've been talking to it and making lots of promises. I thought I'd feel differently when I herd the heartbeat. I wasn't hugely over the moon-deep-joy-welling-up-from inside. I couldn't stop smiling, and I felt peaceful. I Woke up the next day feeling detatched, no love and crying all the time. I'm just praying that will change when I have a scan, or feel the baby or give birth to the baby. I'm probably just being paranoid!
    When I had the ultrasound they made sure that I could see the heartbeat - that really makes a difference - I dont know when your next scan is or if you would get a private scan but it might help if you ask to see that?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I was very much like you Neverwhere. Didn't feel much attachment for ages. Even the first scan didn't do much for me. In fact I'm still a little detached, finding it difficult to reconcile the child I'm visualising with what's knocking ten shades out of my bladder right now. Finding out the gender helped quite a lot, I can visualise him more clearly now and imagine what he'll be up to this time next year.

I'm not worried or anxious at all about my pregnancy, but I must admit, when I think about stuff like brushing his first teeth etc, I get a bit scared because he's not actually here yet.

I just think of pregnancy as the journey, it's not going to
    be real until you reach the destination.

I'm 21 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

I don't know. If I'm honest I feel guilty. I was delighted to hear the heartbeat. Strong little baby. But now I feel nothing. I feel completely detatched. Like, the pregnancy felt real for me before, and now it's not. Now I'm just scared thinking that maybe the kids better off without me. It's certainly better off without it's father at the moment. Is that normal?

And moonbeam...i#m going on 16 weeks and am already coaching baby. I poke and tell it "when I poke like this it means HURRY THE HELL UP!" I won't be 2 weeks overdue!

Oh and also...what are the cut off weights for sections? I'm a very small person, and by the looks of my bump ive been told baby looks like it's big enough. Just to stress...i'm quite a small person, I have the bone structure of a BIRD...i dont want to be pushing out something bigger than me!

Totally normal! I was like that for ages too. Everyone would be so excited talking about it and I'd just be like ya whatever. I think it's the worry about if anything goes wrong, how you're going to cope, what it's going to be like to be a mom, what if you're bad at it etc etc Don't worry, the minute your little one pops out you'll be head over heals in love.

I'm totally with Moonbeam on how much fun it is doing things with a baby. Never thought I'd be having conversations with him!

On the section and bones etc I'd ask the hospital could you see a physio. I saw one for my back and if you go to see one they'll tell you whether you look like you're going to do any damage or not.
    Duh... must run, smallie waking even though he should be konked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

I'm 24 weeks and my baby is so active I don't know what I'm going to do in another few weeks :eek: Some days when it kicks and punches it really hurts! Its so awkward when Im in work cos I nearly jump off the chair when it takes me by surprise! I love the little flutters and it is nice to feel it moving but I didn't realise it would be so strong :o
    I keep telling my partner about all the movement but when he puts his hand on my belly the baby won't move! He must think I'm nuts lol

Really? I've been told they won't allow you to give birth to a baby they think is too big anymore. For example, I know there are people who have had sections because baby is over 10 pounds or something. I'm just concerned as my mother had pelvis problems with my last sibling and doctors were afraid of pelvis split if she were to give birth naturally.
    My pelvis has been acting up (and im not huge yet) and my bones really are tiny, so im worried about seriously messing myself up if the baby were to be rather large. (which according to genes on the fathers side is very possible)

I have felt the same at times it's completely normal your hormones are all over the place. I am not with the father anymore so it can feel pretty lonely at times especially when there's no one to share it with. I had a couple of weeks where I was crying myself to sleep every night worrying about things. Will I be a good mother, Will the baby love me, How will I cope etc. I am ok now I just keep reminding myself that this little guy depends on me and will love me unconditionally:)
    I hope you start to feel better soon. Try not to worry it can be hard to bond with the bump maybe when he/she starts kicking you will feel a bit closer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hello all...
    Haven't been on here for a while as I was in hospital recovering from an emergency c-section delivery of our little one... still in quite a bit of shock it has to be said but feeling much better since getting home over the weekend. The line I keep coming out with to everyone is that I had planned to order off the organic vegetarian menu of deliveries but got the McDonald's special!! :eek:
    Anyway it was all as well in hindsight as the little one and or myself could have been in trouble had we gone into labour, the cord was wrapped around her neck twice and her heart rate was dipping considerablyg, scary stuff.
    Anyway Meabh is adorable needless to say and we're settling into life as parents now, hope to meet some of you in the parenting forum cause we know jack **** right now!!
    Here's a pic the OH posted elsewhere on boards, no prizes for guessing where!

ziggy23 wrote: »
    I have felt the same at times it's completely normal your hormones are all over the place. I am not with the father anymore so it can feel pretty lonely at times especially when there's no one to share it with. I had a couple of weeks where I was crying myself to sleep every night worrying about things. Will I be a good mother, Will the baby love me, How will I cope etc. I am ok now I just keep reminding myself that this little guy depends on me and will love me unconditionally:)
    I hope you start to feel better soon. Try not to worry it can be hard to bond with the bump maybe when he/she starts kicking you will feel a bit closer:D

thanks ziggy. Can completely relate...now that you mention it, thats probably what's causing most of this. I had to call off my wedding a month ago because the father became seriously abusive after i got pregnant. It's tough going it on your own!
    Hope your doing ok now xx

thanks ziggy. Can completely relate...now that you mention it, thats probably what's causing most of this. I had to call off my wedding a month ago because the father became seriously abusive after i got pregnant. It's tough going it on your own!
    Hope your doing ok now xx

I'm sure you done the right thing calling off the wedding. My ex was abusive too physically and mentally:( I always took him back but when I found out I was pregnant I said NO MORE!!! It's bad enough him abusing me but if he laid a finger on the baby I would kill him stone dead:eek:
    What I find hard is listening to other people go on about how their partner bought this for the baby and made them breakfast in bed etc:rolleyes: It does make you feel like **** sometimes.
    Did I read correctly that you are 16 weeks along? I know for me up til about 20 weeks I was so down all the time. Was grand then until 30 weeks. I'm 37 weeks now and I get angry at EVERYTHING!!! Definitely the hormones but nothing a tub of ben and jerrys cant sort out;)
    Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat. I know what you're going through xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I have my 24 week scan tomorrow Yay!

Advertisement