Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Chesty LaRue

Swizzles wrote: »
    Hey found out im 5.3 weeks gone yesterday..Keep getting cramps mostly on my left side but sometimes on my right...This is my first and im am very worried..Mentioned it to my doctor who did an internal but said i should be ok and to come back in 3 weeks...Meanwhile im still cramping but worried that im thinking to much about it...Power of the human mind and all that :s
    Congrats on your pregnancy. I have had lots of cramping from the beginning of my pregnancy (now 18wks). I had a transvaginal scan at 6wks which showed a cyst on my left ovary. It was a pregnancy cyst (corpus litium I think is the medical term). My 12wk scan confirmed it is now gone. I also have endometriosis, which I was was told can become inflamed when pregnant. If you have problems in this area maybe they have just become irritated....other than that it probably is your uterus stretching, lots happening in your body right now. Try not to worry, at this stage Mother Nature is in charge...if you start to bleed or cramping becomes unbearable go straight to your maternity hospital. Take care!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Hey Swizzles.
    Congrats to you!!!!! I'm about 6 weeks +. I get the odd little cramp too but its starting to subside. Definatly not as many twinges as before. Try not to worry too much about it.

Girls... I was wondering if any of you could help me with picking an OBGYN in Galway?
    I'm not originally from Galway and I don't want to tell anyone yet (just incase) so I can't really ask anyone... if you catch my drift!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the help ladies :)
    Nice to have someone who also experienced it there to talk to...
    Cramps have somewat moved from my side so it offers some relief..Guess its just normal to worry :)
    Thanks again xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Squarejocks

Hey Guys,

Just plugging my mates new Baby site.

<snip>Contact hello@boards.ie for advertising.</snip>

Have a look .....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hey Guys,

Just plugging my mates new Baby site.

It's <snip>
    Have a look .....

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115'

Unexpected error

/index.asp

A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Provider error '8000ffff'

Catastrophic failure

/index.asp, line 13

*I had no refreshed before replying*

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

Hi Cathy, I look at the pregnancy thread every so often to see how you're doing. (I really have no business here!). I hope the bleeding settles down. I had it and my boy was fine, if a little small with a hole in the heart , which is also fine. Just keep thinking that every week brings you closer to having your much wanted baby. Very best wishes to you and Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Hi everyone,
    Well.... we have our baby. A beautifull boy. I went in on wed morning and had waters broken, started syntocin and began getting pains straight away. At 11am I was 4 cm, at 11.15 6cm and at 11.30 fully dillated!!!! No time for epidural, gas and air was all I used. Baby Cian appeared at 11.59. Very very fast labour, and the natural route was not in my plan. Sometimes you have no choice in these things! 7lbs.
    Breastfeeding is going ok, the occasional top up with formula being used, otherwise I would not be getting any sleep. All the staff in the coombe were fantastic.
    Got home earlier today. Really looking forward to sleeping [hopefully] in my own bed tonight. A bit scary that there is no midwife just down the corridoor if I have a any concerns.
    Guess I am off to parenting now. Will keep an eye on here, best of luck to all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Just so you are all aware, they were offering the swineflu vaccine in the coombe. I pressume the other maternity hospitals are as well. I got it, figured getting to the gp in the next couple of weeks is now one less thing to think about.
    Just wanted to let you know, as it is not a decision you want to make in the hours following delivery!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

yes if you take some orange juice with the iron tablets its great!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

beachbabe wrote: »
    Just so you are all aware, they were offering the swineflu vaccine in the coombe. I pressume the other maternity hospitals are as well. I got it, figured getting to the gp in the next couple of weeks is now one less thing to think about.
    Just wanted to let you know, as it is not a decision you want to make in the hours following delivery!!

Holles Street doing likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

beachbabe wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Well.... we have our baby. A beautifull boy. I went in on wed morning and had waters broken, started syntocin and began getting pains straight away. At 11am I was 4 cm, at 11.15 6cm and at 11.30 fully dillated!!!! No time for epidural, gas and air was all I used. Baby Cian appeared at 11.59. Very very fast labour, and the natural route was not in my plan. Sometimes you have no choice in these things! 7lbs.
    Breastfeeding is going ok, the occasional top up with formula being used, otherwise I would not be getting any sleep. All the staff in the coombe were fantastic.
    Got home earlier today. Really looking forward to sleeping [hopefully] in my own bed tonight. A bit scary that there is no midwife just down the corridoor if I have a any concerns.
    Guess I am off to parenting now. Will keep an eye on here, best of luck to all of you.
    Delighted that all went well for you, sorry that I did not get a chance to wish you all the best last week (long story).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Congrats beachbabe! :D

really really need an answer to this as Im kinda freaking out.....
    on pill year and half, came off it and few days later got period. had unprotected sex with my guy day 5, 6 and 11. Think day 11 may have got me preggers.... its now day 20 (9 days after possible conception) and I just got a very faint light brown discharge.... read online that days 8-10 after conception you can get implantation bleeding. so Im thinking is this implantation bleeding or is it the start of a freakishly early period at day 20 of my cycle..... anyone have any advise? anyone know how heavy an implantation bleeding is?? thanks in advance x

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

congrats beachbabe!

Ugh....am so frustrated! Was in the hospital today for an appointment and I stopped by the clinic for an emergency visit re:kidneys.

Apparently, when the full report got back from the lab about my urine sample 3 or 4 weeks ago it showed I didn't have a kidney infection. Basically meaning two kinds of bateria were present, however there were no organisms...so therefore no infection?? (but really there was an infection). Doctors are so bloody high and mighty sometimes!

The GP did a dip stick test which instantly showed up infection...and my kidneys were quite painful.

So they took two samples at the hospital today..one for the labs, and the doc also did an advanced dip stick which showed a lot of bacteria. Because f that and lots of symptoms I've been told to drop dwn to the clinic on thursday after my scan and ask to see my results. Apparently I need antibiotics but they arent sure what exactly, so I'll have to wait to find out about being admitted for a drip till then.

The doctors are as confused as I am I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

i hate kidney infections!!! i got them all the time with my second baby... luckily this time round i'm grand..this time i drink the most amazing amounts of water and then drink some more...i think it's the most underestimated pain in the world!! when i was 7 months with my 2nd i had kidney chest and urinary infection at the same time, every time i coughed the top of my head threatened to blow off!! and with no painkillers it's even worse..

I had a scan today and all she could see was big baby arse!!! i'm 33+4 now so no telling what it is yet!! although she did day she was about 70% sure it's a boy... i'll just have to wait and see!! i was raging ...i was looking forward to the girls seeing the scan but with the infection that's in drogheda hospital i was the only one allowed in ... not even my husband could some into the building... :( but the scan pictures were brilliant... big frowny head!! about 5lb 1oz at the moment.. with another 2 - 3 pounds to put on.. it's nearly as heavy as my eldest was when she was born!! she was 5 lbs 8.5oz i'm twitching just thinking about another 2 or 3 pounds!!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Big frowny head! LOL.

Think mine's the same although I probably imagined it at the 17 week scan, probably couldn't even frown then.

Aw, that sounds so sweet!

I had to laugh at the baby arse! I had a scan at 16 weeks and wriggly little money delighted in waving its bum at us for ages too! I had a particularly joyful african doctor who delighted in telling me "Thats the babys Bom Bum!" in his heavy accent. I couldn't stop laughing.

Ahh god paranoia is a dreadful thing lol
    So in bed last night half asleep and stretched by legs back sending a tearing sensation through my tummy...Has anyone else experenced this?Was pretty scary if im honest..The thoughts that go through your head at still only 6 weeks :(

Hey Swizzles. I get that too. I'm only 6 weeks and if I stretch its like I have a pulled muscle from doing to many sit ups in the gym (as if). I'm 6 weeks gone too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

it's more than likely round ligament pain this will happen all through the pregnancy as your belly stretches and to your skin so lots of lovely stretch marks!!! my advice is buy yourself some bio oil.. there's a new non-greasy formula that soaks right in:)
    On a totally unrelated matter We got our closing date....yay... long story short we put our house on the market 8 weeks ago thinking it would take months to sell... 3 weeks later we were sale agreed so we're moving house on the 4th of december... i'm due on the 24th... should be fun... have to rent for a while cos we've no time to buy... :eek::D

lolz sit ups..If i could keep my eyes open till the end of work id be doing well :D
    Thought it might be something pulled but wasnt sure...(Think im turning into one of those mothers who weep at any twinge lolz)
    And speaking of weeping...ANyone gots kleenex...You know your pregnant wen you cry coz the local shop doesnt have something you want ...
    Anyways congrats on the house...Itll be tight but least its one less thing to worry bout
    xxx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My muscles are really tearing a bit right now. I've got the thing where your abdominal muscles part (toblerone tummy as I call it) if I'm stretched out and cough without bracing the bit just under my ribs tears a little. Not funny when you're half asleep!

Very familiar with the round ligament pain as well, surprising how early it happens, basically every stretch of the womb in the early days.

Figured out today that my upper back pain is related to a compressed nerve apparently all I can do it watch my posture and stretch, can't strengthen anything that will make a difference :( On the plus side the work I've been doing should keep the dreaded lower back pain at bay so that's something at least.

Swizzles I am in the same boat. Tears running down my face at 3pm yesterday from being so tired. Then got upset with the OH for turning off the hallway light!!!!
    das Kitty - You poor thing. I think back pain is a curse. Ears to shoulders, then push them back as far as you can and drop them. My mum always told me it would give you a stright back and make your boobs look bigger (might not need help in that dept at the moment:D;))

Ahh girls!!

I just had a 24 week scan and am so utterly delighted! 2D scans have changed so much in a few years. I saw my baby's face so clearly....she has my nose!!
    And yes...it is definately a little girl! Am so thrilled!!!

hacked wrote: »
    Ahh girls!!

I just had a 24 week scan and am so utterly delighted! 2D scans have changed so much in a few years. I saw my baby's face so clearly....she has my nose!!
    That is great news, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

hacked wrote: »
    Ahh girls!!

Oh hacked thats great, I hope you and the litlle lady are doing well, I am all excited for ye. Are you going to start thinking of names now?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Oh hacked thats great, I hope you and the litlle lady are doing well, I am all excited for ye. Are you going to start thinking of names now?

Hormonal as anything today! Thansk for the responses, embarissingly enough I got teary at them. :)

Funny you ask. The reason I found out the sex was because from the moment I found out I was pregnant I had such a random strong feeling it was a girl. The same with the name. For weeks now I have been accidently subconciously referrring to the baby as this name in my head. I know the full name I will give her already. But that one I think I will keep to myself....got to keep some surprises! :)

Wierd, I think that ours is a boy even though I am having severe morning sickness still but we refer to it as a girl until we know (in less than 3 weeks if she makes it that far, is still a bit dicey)...we would be happy with either but would prefer a girl. Daddy told me that he thinks it is a boy as the baby is kicking so much, apparently I was very sedate.

• Advertisement

It's funny, apparently a mothers instinct is usually right. I've talked to loads of women who just knew.

Sorry to drive you nuts....but you just feel whatever way you do! And baby is as active as it wants to be no matter what. You can't tell if it's a boy or girl that way. I've won so many chocolate bars today as everyone guessed I was having a boy due to the fact I've not put on any weight and also because baby is non stop active.

Looking forward to hearing about your next scan! Fingers crossed baby will be in a good position for the rudey shot! :P

Advertisement