Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

hacked wrote: »
    It's funny, apparently a mothers instinct is usually right. I've talked to loads of women who just knew.

Sorry to drive you nuts....but you just feel whatever way you do! And baby is as active as it wants to be no matter what. You can't tell if it's a boy or girl that way. I've won so many chocolate bars today as everyone guessed I was having a boy due to the fact I've not put on any weight and also because baby is non stop active.

Looking forward to hearing about your next scan! Fingers crossed baby will be in a good position for the rudey shot! :P
    Well I stopped sleeping at 3 as she was so active...we have the 3d in Jan...I put on 9KG so far but am finding it a struggle to put on more weight...it is wierd, I so want a girl...am not 100% sure at this stage if it is a boy or a girl. Either way, I want another one as soon as I can, am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

haha I know, my little thing was keeping me up all night too. Driving me mad.

Oh good luck with the 3d! I expect pics :)
    No, your not crazy at all. Your a first time mommy...so yes, that makes everyone a little crazy....but your fine!

I know...I think I've put on like 4 kilos or something so far. I think thats acurate...like it's only works out as a few pounds...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I know how you feel, when I was pregnant I was convinced Aidan was a boy, no one could convince me otherwise. Mum's seem to be 90% correct about these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I just knew when I was pregnant with my daughter that she was a girl. This was back in the day before the hospitals would tell you the sex so we had no way of knowing but I wasnt a bit surprised when she was born that she was a girl.

Her dad must have known as well. I had been in hospital and the morning they induced me he came in and stopped off in the hospital shop to buy a toy and brought in a pink teddy...to this day he doesnt know why he picked a pink one over a blue!

This time around I've known deep down I'm having a boy...hubby didnt believe me at all but of course the scan proved I was right...I think us mums sometimes just know deep down what we're having

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

ah little girls..
    well on my first i was convinced it was a boy... i was picking the girls names and my husband was picking the boys names... she's a girl.. (obviously!!! :rolleyes:) and my second i was convinced was a boy.... also a girl... this time i'm convinced its a boy... maybe i should go out now and buy all girls stuff...?? but then knowing my luck it'll be a boy!! haha :D
    i do have to say though i'm not as sick on this one..i don't mean pukey sick (cos i was) i mean generally no kidney infections or uti's or chest infections.. that kind of sick... that's really what has me convinced it's a boy.. does that make any sense???
    he never kicks at night i'm so lucky... the minute i open my eyes in the morning even if i don't move about 5 seconds later he starts kicking.. his most active time is about 9pm when i sit down for the evening he goes bananas!!! til i get into bed and that's it.. i'm hoping he keeps it up after he's born!!! but my god they're getting so strong they really hurt sometimes..not good when i'm holding a scissors to someones head!! :eek: :) 6 weeks to go (or 8) and counting....

• Advertisement

Wierd, apparently I have always called her a girl even though I call her a boy...more confused! We are sorted for girls names, not for boys...is a lot harder...

i'm so not ready.. i've no names boy or girl... no nothing.. just the buggy...the house is completely taking over... 3 weeks til we're moving and i'm finishing work on the 22nd of dec.. due the 24th... so somewhere i'll have to find time to shop... or may be just write a big long list and send the OH..:D although he'd probably come home with lots of biscuits and bars...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

cbyrd wrote: »
    i'm so not ready.. i've no names boy or girl... no nothing.. just the buggy...the house is completely taking over... 3 weeks til we're moving and i'm finishing work on the 22nd of dec.. due the 24th... so somewhere i'll have to find time to shop... or may be just write a big long list and send the OH..:D although he'd probably come home with lots of biscuits and bars...lol

You will have a busy Christmas!

i'm looking forward to being able to put my feet up (:D as if) for a few months when this one comes... the most time i've ever had off was 16 days after my youngest.. the joy of being self employed in a family business!! selling the house means no morgage or big bills...the rent on the temporary house is half the morgage we have now!! the sacrifices you make for your kids and i haven't had the pleasure of meeting this one yet!! lol it's closer to the girls school and friends so it's a no brainer for easing the stress of having 3.. i can't wait ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

cbyrd wrote: »
    but my god they're getting so strong they really hurt sometimes..not good when i'm holding a scissors to someones head!!

I really hope your a hairdresser!!!:eek::D

• Advertisement

I was thinking the exact same thing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

oh wow...good luck! You must be dying to just get it out. My little girl is non stop active....im worried she will start hurting me as she gets bigger!

I feel your pain on the house. Seriously, I live in a two room flat, should be easy to manage right? Wrong. I have a friend staying with me for a few months. Originally she wanted to help me out, but she ended up moving in ebcause she had to clear out of the place she was staying in two weeks ago.

It is NOT going well. She is messy, she does not pull her weight, she is broke, so im single and broke with a baby on the way and having to slightly subsidise her. She runs up the electricity. Is snobby about fair trade stuff even though i'm the one havng to front her the money for everything....
    I'm 6 monts pregnant and im pretty much cleaning up after her all the time! Nothing stays tidy the way I need it to. Not to mention the fact she disregards what I tell her. I am nesting and very particular about certain things, and she just doesnt seem to continually followthe few things I ask her to do. I found some gross things yesterday...she lost my keys and the fecked off hoem to donegal leaving me stranded!! No keys.
    She acts like the flat is Diggs...or like we are equals in tis situation. I'm dreading the talk tomorrow...the one were I tell her we are not equals, this is my home and se is a guest in it and that there are house rules she is expected to be followed....along with more cleaning. And everything is to be moved back to he way I had it. Heh....I think she might have to go.

Nesting is seriously gonna lose me friends! But hey...baby is priority.

yes i am...!!!:D haha so i suffer tired legs and a gammy hip... but once we move house it'll mean i can give up work... and by god i can't wait...!!! it's been a complete f**k up of a year and i'll be glad to see the back of it!! although the longer it goes the better it gets!!
    my dad was diagnosed with liver lung and gland cancer in january..he had it 3 years ago too.. i work with him my mam and my older brother (who i can't stand never mind work with).. then i found out i was pregnant unplanned and i was dreading telling them cos it'd mean there'd be two of us not able to work or if the worst happened.. anyway to cut a long story short my dad had 6 months intensive chemo and has been given good results.. we've found a way out of me working for gob****ehead (he'd never allow equal status).. i guess things happen for a reason.. i'd been trying to talk my oh into having another baby for 4 years... it was really starting to bother me.. then he kinda came round to the idea just before dad got sick.. so we more or less knocked it on the head... timing was all wrong, and hey presto i got pregnant...to me it was a disaster... i was so upset about my dad.. then suddenly i had something else to worry about.. this is nearly our miracle baby...it wasn't meant to happen but because it did it's changed our lives already so much and for the better.. my dad's so looking forward to number 13 grandbaby and i get to walk away from a job that's slowly sapping the life out of me without causing any trouble...i've been trying to leave for 13 years but everytime i got the guilt-trip that only family can do.. it's really made me believe that someone up there has a greater game plan and whats meant to happen will ...
    holy god these hormones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

hacked wrote: »
    It's funny, apparently a mothers instinct is usually right. I've talked to loads of women who just knew.

Sorry to drive you nuts....but you just feel whatever way you do! And baby is as active as it wants to be no matter what. You can't tell if it's a boy or girl that way. I've won so many chocolate bars today as everyone guessed I was having a boy due to the fact I've not put on any weight and also because baby is non stop active.

Looking forward to hearing about your next scan! Fingers crossed baby will be in a good position for the rudey shot! :P

Huh, my SIL was adamant that high activity means a girl :D
    She herself didn't want to find out at the scan, but keeps talking about all the signs of having a girl (Don't really understand this to be honest..)

I'm having a boy and, seriously, scan was like watching discovery channel - he hardly moved, just his arms a bit (looked asleep) so we got a very good view of him. He's just lazy, I guess, like both his parents :D

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I want another one as soon as I can, am I mad?

we can be mad together :D I can't get a thought of being a mother to 3 little boys out of my head :D

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I want another one as soon as I can, am I mad?
    ebmma wrote: »
    we can be mad together :D I can't get a thought of being a mother to 3 little boys out of my head :D

Is three a crowd on this one:) Aidan is only 9 months old this week and his dad is adamant that if we want to have any more that we should have them soon so that they are close in age to Aidan. At first I was fobbing him off saying ya right and every time Shane said "Aidan will be lonely and will want siblings", my reply was "I'll get him a puppy" But truthfully I am starting to think, maybe we are better having kids close. I dunno, I must be making mad, sleep deprived decisions because my head is saying no, are we mad but it's also saying, well if I want another one, now is the right time! I am going mad surely!

Mammy's of 2+ babies, did you find it easier to have your babies far apart or close together? In your own opinions?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Is three a crowd on this one:) Aidan is only 9 months old this week and his dad is adamant that if we want to have any more that we should have them soon so that they are close in age to Aidan. At first I was fobbing him off saying ya right and every time Shane said "Aidan will be lonely and will want siblings", my reply was "I'll get him a puppy" But truthfully I am starting to think, maybe we are better having kids close. I dunno, I must be making mad, sleep deprived decisions because my head is saying no, are we mad but it's also saying, well if I want another one, now is the right time! I am going mad surely!

I want my first ones close together partly so I have no time to think about it :D I think if I leave it too long (eldest out of nappies, going to school and starting to be self-sufficient) I just won't want to lose the newly gained freedom. But at the same time I do not want to inflict being an only child on my kid. I was one and it was pretty sh!t.

Yesterday was my due date and I was in the hospital to be induced. Only thing was that when the doctor did a scan he discovered the baby has moved yet again and the head hasnt fully engaged so I was sent back home.

I am so deflated. I spent the whole weekend getting my brain in gear for the labour and nothing happened!!! The doc says there is nothing I can do but wait for nature to take its course so I'm going back every two days for a check up to see if there is any change

Does anyone know can a birth be induced if the head hasnt fully dropped or what it means if it doesnt? I really dont want a section.

Also is there anything I can do to encourage him to move down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Have you got a birthing ball??? Bounce bounce bounce on that!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm currently thinking we'll see how this one goes and decide then!

If I never have to have morning sickness again it will be too soon (sure I will change my mind about that once the end result is here!). I think 2 years though realistically, I'm only 29 no wild rush to go again.

Did anyone see 21st Century Child last night? I really wanted the farmers to be my Mammy and Daddy.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    Also is there anything I can do to encourage him to move down?

Yes get on the ball and start bouncing!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm currently thinking we'll see how this one goes and decide then!

If I never have to have morning sickness again it will be too soon (sure I will change my mind about that once the end result is here!). I think 2 years though realistically, I'm only 29 no wild rush to go again.

Did anyone see 21st Century Child last night? I really wanted the farmers to be my Mammy and Daddy.

Saw this for the first time last night...8 kids can you imagine!!!

This is defo my last one. I only wanted one of each so I made damn sure this one was a boy..I spent about three months driving everyone batty recording my dates and making sure himself only did the deed on the right day and thankfully it worked so one of each is fine. I'm 32 now and I think a teenager and a newborn are going to be more than enough

I bought one of those daily pregnany journals back when I did the test and have been writing in it every day. I keep telling hubby I'm going to rename it my "Please read if you ever get broody book" ... a quick flick through should soon sort me out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭potter on

I still have 5 weeks to go and haven't slept well in last few days. I started feeling bloated in last few days and sometimes have cramp in my stomach. baby has been very active day or night. does anyone feel this way?

potter on wrote: »
    I still have 5 weeks to go and haven't slept well in last few days. I started feeling bloated in last few days and sometimes have cramp in my stomach. baby has been very active day or night. does anyone feel this way?

I'm 40+2 and my baby hasnt stopped moving. I was kinda expecting things to settle down in there but he seems to be as active as ever which is a good sign I suppose...bloody annoying though :D

I have gotten a lot of cramps as well over the past two months..nothing to worry about, its just your body preparing for labour and is totally normal. Try drinking some raspberry leaf tea, it really helps

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭potter on

thanks eviltwin. god, i hope i won't go over my due days. I am already fed up with all the queueing at checkups. I had a hospital appointment today, everything is going well. i was told that my baby is bigger than average, even I don't have a big bump.

hope your baby will arrive soon, all are going well for you.

oh eviltwin i really feel for you...:( i went 12 days over with my second girl..they were the longest 12 days of my life...unfortunately baby decides when it's ready unless they induce you... i only found out yesterday that you're not actually considered overdue til 42+1..:eek:. feck that!!! i'm aiming for jan 8th this time... i'm due christmas eve but i know i won't go on time ... that way if i go earlier it's a bonus!!! :)

does anybody have a miracle cure for indigestion??? it's really really really bad..i can't sleep at night and i have it nearly all day... it's starting to hurt to eat now as anything even slightly warm feels like it's burning the f out of me. it burns the back of my throat and if i take gavisgon it just pushes it to my chest and becomes a pain...i've spoken to the doc and there's not a lot she can do.. the tablets that she could give me (PPI's for ulcers) have lactose coating on them so i can't take them... i'm getting desperate i haven't really slept since sunday i've tried propping myself up but this puts too much pressure on my gammy hip and i end up not able to walk the next day.. i know it's just cos baba is so high but i'm starting to lose the plot now:( both my other kids were small so this was never an issue before but i swear to god... i feel like chopping my head off:eek: i'll offer a reward to the best cure:D

Cbyrd I hear you ! The one thing I have had with both pregnancies is really terrible heartburn especially at night.

Personally gaviscon didnt work for me but I've used Rennie, its not perfect but it takes the edge off and lets me get some sleep ( although I've been waking up about twice a night to take some more for the past few months )

Apart from that you could try lactose free milk...I dont drink milk myself but the soya and lactose free milk has helped.

will give the rennie's a try.. the lactose free milk runs the guts out of me!!! (nice:D) and my husband threatens divorce.... :D:D he reckons that a shotgun is what i need!! :eek:

My whole throat is killing me this morning, have been having a few of these days recently, can see me having to go on something stronger, though last night was my fault (was feeling very queezy and did not eat). Am in a lot of pain with it.

• Advertisement

Taking Gaviscon tabs myself. Weird feeling of your stomach being in your throat. It's ruining tea for me, so burny!

Advertisement