Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Im not normal though...I dont have an oesophagus or valves...acid reflux is a way of life for me but this was a lot worse...did not have dinner last night and the weight dropped, really worried about the baby.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Don't worry, babies are excellent parasites, she'll take what she needs and you'll get whatever (if anything) is left. Maybe get a couple of flapjacks to nibble on. You're better off trying to eat when queasy a lot of the time it'll settle it a bit.

You've no oesophagus at all? Wowzer.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Don't worry, babies are excellent parasites, she'll take what she needs and you'll get whatever (if anything) is left. Maybe get a couple of flapjacks to nibble on. You're better off trying to eat when queasy a lot of the time it'll settle it a bit.

You've no oesophagus at all? Wowzer.
    Hey, I am walking medical conditions, should not even be alive except I fought to live...listing them takes abouft 15 minutes...I dont have 20 of my lymph nodes either:p

Will see if I can nibble on some cashews this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

Cathy, your blood sugar must be really low. The only thing I can think of , in your case, is milk and 7 up. I hope you have a not too bad day.

jmbkay wrote: »
    Cathy, your blood sugar must be really low. The only thing I can think of , in your case, is milk and 7 up. I hope you have a not too bad day.
    I told you I have everything:p am also a type 1 diabetic...just need to eat lots today, not as easy as it sounds...will be on my morning sleep soon (my pregnancy is ultra high risk). Have found that ginger beer (it does not contain any alcohol) is great...I get the sugar free one though.

• Advertisement

Found out today by letter that I am anemic too...its funny at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Found out today by letter that I am anemic too...its funny at this stage.

If you're only mildly anemic, don't worry. Apparently it's normal for haemoglobin to drop a bit in pregnancy.
    Dr. might prescribe iron tablets and this should be the end of it.

do you feel ok?

ebmma wrote: »
    If you're only mildly anemic, don't worry. Apparently it's normal for haemoglobin to drop a bit in pregnancy.
    Dr. might prescribe iron tablets and this should be the end of it.

do you feel ok?
    I was borderline at the begining, have been feeling incredibly tired, dizzy when standing up but can not take tablets so will have to see about a liquid option...have had anemia for years (had a blood transfusion that may have helped)...do not eat red meat as a rule but have been eatiing cabage and bovril a lot more...am not suprised.

I was borderline at the begining, have been feeling incredibly tired, dizzy when standing up but can not take tablets so will have to see about a liquid option...have had anemia for years (had a blood transfusion that may have helped)...do not eat red meat as a rule but have been eatiing cabage and bovril a lot more...am not suprised.

sorry to hear that..it's annoying that most iron-rich food is not allowed in pregnancy

sorry to hear that..it's annoying that most iron-rich food is not allowed in pregnancy
    Thanks, but on the scale of things it is minor thankfully...baby kicked her daddy when he came home at lunch, he says that he felt a foot!

• Advertisement

Thanks, but on the scale of things it is minor thankfully...baby kicked her daddy when he came home at lunch, he says that he felt a foot!

That sounds cool :-)
    my OH got kicked in the head while trying to listen to something in my tummy (I don't really know what he was planning on hearing tbh). Was hilarious :-)
    I don't think I can ever tell what exactly I'm being kicked with, but I think I can kind of tell when he is turning around...it's weird :D

Which ones? I'm wolfing down red meat and green veg...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I can't take the tablets either they make me incredibly sick so i'm taking floradix iron.. it smells like a ditch but it's great for an energy boost as well as the iron intake..and it stop you getting constipated aswell :D

i'm not anaemic this time thank god was very anaemic last pregnancy and it felt just awful standing up and the tiredness... thank god that's ok this time.
    my only medical complaint is the alleries i'm gathering up as i get older started at 19 with paracetamol and have added dairy a spice and plasters..can't understand why...:mad:

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Which ones? I'm wolfing down red meat and green veg...

I meant liver. I really miss liver in creamy mushroom sauce :( stupid vitamin A

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

It's official...im in the later stages of pregnancy.

Was shopping in tescos earlier and got down to look at some stuff on lower shelves and got stuck!!! Had to get a stranger to help me up. It was rather funny.

Was at a work do last night. Twas grand but everyone was locked and being very touchy feely with my belly. That and I was sitting on a hard chair and moving about to talk to people. This meant I got an awful night's sleep last night.

Started giving myself a pep talk this morning "You can do it girl!"

My husband very helpfully reminded me that I have no choice, it's not like the gym I can't just quit now. Thanks Mike!

LOL

ah god .. it is stupid season alright!!
    i was leaving work yesterday and locked my keys and my handbag into my car...:eek: it was a real thicko moment..luckily i had my phone in my pocket!!:D
    husband to the rescue...he's still laughing!! He's now on 'put my socks on duty!' and anything with laces is off the shoe menu. I also switched to rennies and i have to say i'm finding them better than the gavisgon... they don't stick to my teeth either!! ;)

Yeah, can't get my boot slippers on at the mo either, so help is needed for that.

We built baby's drawers yesterday (Ikea) so nice and I started washing his bedding and have some sheets towels and blankets in the bottom drawer now and a little changing mat left on top. <3

Today the cot it getting built, even though he won't sleep in it for a good while.

Thinking I'll make the Christmas cake today too (Galway is a mess with floods and weather at the moment) so I have an urge to get a Christmassy smell about the place!!

Oh god you sound so organised!!! I'm moving house in 2 weeks and i haven't even got a nappy or a vest!! :eek: My best friend flew out to new york this morning with an empty suitcase and €200 of mine to go shopping for me ..she's thrilled!! :D other than that i'm hoping to get it sorted when we move.. i still have to do my santy shopping and get all my christmas food in.. the thoughts of it is killing me .. i can't stress adequately enough how much i hate shopping of any kind... i'm not normal!! (that comes from growing up with 6 boys me tinks) :D

oh god cbyrd, i know the feeling! I'm constantly doing thicko things now. I even missed a big check up at the hospital yesterday in the most stupid way ever, and had a midwife call me today to make sure I was ok!!

Kitty....you ARE so organised! I'm trying to be, but unfortunately the people I am having to rely on aren;t. humph. Fingers crossed plans for this week wont fall apart though!! Picking up a load of baby things tomorrow, moving in the new furniture on friday...sweet releif...will offficially be able to organised!

I have a drawer of stuff for the hospital....baby stuff that is!

And the women at my church have informed me that they are throwing me a baby shower and I am just to tell them when suits me...so sweet! :)

• Advertisement

Am feeling dorry for myself, have a cold! Baby is finally moving above my belly button but due to the major abdominal surgery I had it is prooving difficult, she is about a cm above now but it hurt! Am worried that she may be small...will find out in less than 2 weeks hopefully...she is kicking a lot and keeping her mummy awake but I do not mind that, even if Shane and I are wreaked...she kicked her granddad!

I doubt she's a tiddley thing if you can feel her above the belly button already. At your stage I could barely feel my little dude on my knicker line. No mistaking him now though, at 31 weeks can pretty much see his outline. Was tickling his feet the last night around my belly button, he kept pulling them away and putting them back if I stopped for a minute. LOL poor child!

Ya I'm pretty organised as a rule, tbh, after 2 hours in town yesterday I'm so glad, still wrecked today!

Kitty how do you manage?? Seriously...ill be 26 weeks on friday and 31 weeks seems forever away. I'm so tired of being pregnant!

Cathy-- an active baby is one of the best signs!

My little girl has stopped moving the last week or so. She moves a bit...but not much...after non stop activity that makes me kinda nervous. But I had a redo of my anomaly scan 2 weeks ago and everything looked perfect, so im assuming there's nothing to worry about.

Oh dear god i'm puking again...:( i feel just like i did when i had bad morning sickness... please don't tell me it's back...

cbyrd wrote: »
    Oh dear god i'm puking again...:( i feel just like i did when i had bad morning sickness... please don't tell me it's back...
    Its not nice, sorry...mine just never stopped.

The cold is horrible and I feel terrible:(

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Hey Cathy, I was tiny the whole way through my pregnancy. The consultant even scanned me at every appointment cuz my bump was so small that it always measured small when she did that stupid tape measure thing. Jack was two and a half weeks early and weighed 6 pounds so was healthy out. Don't worry about the baby being small they'll keep an eye on all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

A friend of mine that would be fairly petite had a teeny bump and was told to expect a 6lb baby. A 9 pounder arrived. I still can't believe it! Don't know where the baby was hiding!!

On my own 3 pregnancies I felt biggest the first time and he was 7lb. Felt smallest this time and he was 8lb 10. Very hard to judge the little guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

No bump for me so far: only 11 weeks... many more to go!
    It feels like a million miles away when I read that some of you are over week 35!
    Had a first 2D scan last week and it felt really amazing. Can't wait for the 3D one!
    Great Thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Im 8 but seem to be filling out alright :S
    Last 3 weeks have flew though even if i have been worried..But 2d scan on Saturday...Anyone had one of those private ones??Going to the clinic in Ballincollig but would like some ideas on what to expect..Its more so to put my mind at rest otherwise oh will kill me if i say what if again lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

My 2D was also private. The hospital one is only in February... couldn't wait that long!!!
    Well as you are 8 weeks, don't expect to see much. It will confirm your pregnancy and that it's one or two babies mainly. We both will have to be patient for the big 3D!
    At 10.5 weeks, we could see our little one moving quite a lot and we got a cd with two short videos of 15 second each. Plus one photo, but not of a very good quality I must say! But the sound of the heart beating was absolutely amazing! It was my first one so I don't know exactly what you will be able to see at 8.
    It should be quite a quick process and the person doing the scan will push quite a lot on your lower abdomen with her reading machine. Just try to relax!
    Enjoy!!

Advertisement