Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Why do you have to wait till feb??Should you not get one at 12 weeks??
    And yup coudldnt wait but that was more so mind over matter for me(Kept freaking myself out with nonsense thoughts)So its mainly the heart beat im looking to hear that should keep me at rest until the day after where the worry starts again :rolleyes:
    Luckly i havent had much sickness but really sore boobs and lower back which gets worse as i get tired...AND i just wana sleep ..Doesnt matter if im at work or in the bathroom if i close me eyes im gone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

The hospital would only give an early scan appointment in case of previous pregnancy problems. Talking to another friend, she said that yes incredibly they now tend to give the first scan at around 5 months if all is going well. Mad!!! But it’s apparently due to a current baby boom. Don’t know about that.
    Oct: pregnancy confirmation.
    Blood and history in December.
    Gyneco doc in January.
    First official scan February.
    And as many private scans as we can afford in between!!!
    No point of getting impatient I guess!
    A few friends of mine have gone through miscarriage, so I feel differently about having all the pains and nausea, because I know all is going on its normal course. If it stops, it could be sad news.
    Take care of yourself and try to relax about all this. It might help you to worry less. We’re all different with feelings and ways of dealing with it all.
    Another friend of mine didn’t really care for being pregnant but loved her three giving birth experiences! First time I heard that!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Swizzles wrote: »
    Im 8 but seem to be filling out alright :S
    Last 3 weeks have flew though even if i have been worried..But 2d scan on Saturday...Anyone had one of those private ones??Going to the clinic in Ballincollig but would like some ideas on what to expect..Its more so to put my mind at rest otherwise oh will kill me if i say what if again lol :rolleyes:

Hiya, I had my 3D scan in that clinic in Ballincollig in May. They are really nice and I would highly recommend the 3D scan when you are further along. It's fantastic! I didn't get a private 2D scan but I thought they were very nice in the clinic anyway and got us some very good pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Nearly a week late my little boy Jack arrived in the early hours of Saturday after a 5 hour labour. Have to say a massive well done to the midwives in the Rotunda who were just amazing and made the whole experience so wonderful, they were great

Best of luck to all of you and your bumps over the coming weeks / months. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Congratulations and well done evil twin. Thats great news. Hope you'll keep an eye in on us, as your advice was always great!!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Congrats evil twin! Am thrilled for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations eviltwin.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Congrats evil twin on your bundle of joy!

I'm 33 weeks today, cant believe how fast its all going by.

Glad to hear someone say its going fast. I'm 26 weeks and i kinda want it out. Time is still flying...but im afraid as i get bigger that wont be the case!! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

hacked wrote: »
    Glad to hear someone say its going fast. I'm 26 weeks and i kinda want it out. Time is still flying...but im afraid as i get bigger that wont be the case!! :eek::eek:
    26 weeks as well and only started showing properly...but the bump really popped out of nowhere now and I'm terrified! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I kind of became pregnany looking this week, even though with the bad cold I lost 1.5KG. Back at the clinic this morning, we slept in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Nearly at the halfway mark missus!! :D

ebmma wrote: »
    26 weeks as well and only started showing properly...but the bump really popped out of nowhere now and I'm terrified! :eek:

haha dont worry about it. It sounds like your on the small side. I thought I Was huge, but everytime I Get measured they tell me I''m textbook perfect for where I'm at! I have a decent sized bump now and baby (and bump!!) seem to be growing by the day. Once you hit 24 weeks you just start growing like mad.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Nearly at the halfway mark missus!! :D
    About time...cant wait to see if it is a boy or a girl...have the second flu jaw today (have a few preexisting medical conditions also)...having a bad cold and being pregnant is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

I'm turning 23 weeks at the weekend, and though I've a bit of a bump, you really wouldn't notice. My OH says its all been a lie, and I've just been eating too many burgers!! Told I was "neat" during the week, and that is sooooo annoying!!
    Was in the hospital on Wed for second appt, and felt like a bit of a fraud, there was me, nothing showing, and I seemed to be surrounded by really preggers ladies!!!:D

I'm tidy enough myself, still a lot of people don't notice until I point it out or rub my belly. The girl giving me the flu vaccine was reading my form and looked at me "27 weeks pregnant?!" LOL.

Look at it this way, less shrinking to do afterward.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Totally right DK

I only had a bump in the last month and even then most people put me at six months. It was a pain because I loved being pregnant and I absolutely loved having the bump.

Still its pretty nice to be able to fit back into my normal jeans so there are some compensations

I dont have much of a bump either. Theres a couple of tops that make me look preg but mostly I just look like i've put on weight around my belly :D Only 6 weeks 6 days to go. Havent really any names picked cos we cant agree on any.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I was only just turning 4 months pregnant and I had a bump, by the time I was due I was waddling like a penguin and could not put on my shoes or socks myself!!!:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

eviltwin wrote: »
    Nearly a week late my little boy Jack arrived in the early hours of Saturday after a 5 hour labour. Have to say a massive well done to the midwives in the Rotunda who were just amazing and made the whole experience so wonderful, they were great

Best of luck to all of you and your bumps over the coming weeks / months. :rolleyes:

Congrats eviltwin, I didnt have a great experience in the Rotundas delivery ward but the midwives in the ante-natal clinic and in the wards were amazing. I am delighted you and Jack are doing well!:)

Are ante-natal classes worth going to? I've only 6 weeks 5 days to go and I havent been to any.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭potter on

hi lolli,

i'm due for my first one in 4 weeks time. I found ante-natal classes are very beneficial, they explain about labour, care for baby and mother, lots of information. Also showed some exercises that mum-to-be can do. however, i had to put my name in before i was 20 weeks, otherwise i wasn't guarantee a place. i'm not sure if you still can get in as you are very close to your due date.

Starting mine next Thursday. Decided to do them mainly for my OH's benefit. I'm pretty laid back but he'd definitely like to know what to expect. Of you do them in the hospital in which you're giving birth you can find out more about their policies as well. Looking forward to them now I have to say.

hmm should have went to them. I'll look into private ones. I'm completely clueless, part of me thinks i'm better off that way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

yay 36 + 2 today and i have to say my bump is not too big at all. i met my cousin in tesco today and she didn't realise i was pregnant!! haha go me!! is all down to 4 months puking and still fitting my own jeans and size 16 tops....!! :D was the same with my first it was in the last 2 weeks i sprouted...
    moving house next friday please god everything goes well next week and we get the bloody contracts signed!!! everyone keep your fingers crossed.. can't wait as i can't give up work til it's all done and i'm KNACKERED!!! still i'm down to counting days.. 26 ( or 40:eek:)

congratulations evil twin.. bet your so happy to be that side of labour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Well went for the scan today ..Seems im behind in my dates..Instead of being 8 + 5 im actually 7 + 4 which isnt too bad but its a week behind :(
    But we got to see the heart beat which was mad!!:eek:It goes sooo fast lol
    Is it safe to say were out of the water or best not tell everyone yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well went for the scan today ..Seems im behind in my dates..Instead of being 8 + 5 im actually 7 + 4 which isnt too bad but its a week behind :(

Tell people whenever you feel comfortable telling them. If you want to wait til 12 weeks then do so but I told everyone when I was 8 weeks :)

nah i can relate to that. When I had my first scan they told me I was actually 1-1/2 to 2 weeks behind what I had thought I was....it's a bit of a bummer. I was quite dissapointed!

• Advertisement

I got a cold on Tuesday but you know the way we can not take much, have lost the guts of 2kg and am worried about baby...am still very light and only at the laf way mark...am also anemic but have not been able to take iron this week...worried about baby (she is kicking away happily though). At least the swine flu jabs are over.

Advertisement