Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

baby is a little parasite,once you are attempting to look after yourself and eating what you can it will all be fine:)
    I think you need to write a book after baby is born!!

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I ended up in a diabetic coma, hubby found me...hurt myself in the process...was in hospital...our baby is a boy, it is our tiger cub again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I ended up in a diabetic coma, hubby found me...hurt myself in the process...was in hospital...our baby is a boy, it is our tiger cub again

Both Cathy and baby are fine. Baby was waving at us again- the doc was very impressed with his hyperactivity. Phew- we're both shattered after this evening/tonight.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Feck! Glad everything is OK though.

Xxx

Oh and welcome to the boy club!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Sorry you had that trauma Cathy and Shane, but it goes to show how tough baby's are. As Das Kitty said, welcome to the boy club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

oh wow im so sorry to hear. Glad to hear you are both ok....take it easy Cathy, your in my thoughts and prayers!

Ahh thats so cool! You told me you had a feelng it was a boy. :)

It feels like I'm the only one on boards having a girl....so many baby boys! And they are all so beautiful too :)

hacked wrote: »
    oh wow im so sorry to hear. Glad to hear you are both ok....take it easy Cathy, your in my thoughts and prayers!

Ahh thats so cool! You told me you had a feelng it was a boy. :)

It feels like I'm the only one on boards having a girl....so many baby boys! And they are all so beautiful too :)
    If it had been a girl we would be stopping at one! Have to go through this again! Your daughter will be beautiful! How are you? Getting closer to the finishing line for you now!

Ah sure, focus on one at a time and don't be stressing yourself. :) Are you delighted? I'm so happy for you. I expect pictures when the little guy is born!

I'm doing ok. I don't have the internet at the moment, so I'm only getting on here every couple of days. The pelvic disorder is acting up as I'm getting bigger! Having a lot of trouble with my hips at the moment, which can be fairly debilitating!

Not nearly close enough imo! 27 weeks this week...still another 13 to go. Just getting ready for the arrival....bought the cot and mattress yesterday and have a bunch of friends coming down to move furniture, set up cot and get the bedroom ready for me on friday. Very exciting!

How are you feeling? xx

Ah sure, focus on one at a time and don't be stressing yourself. :) Are you delighted? I'm so happy for you. I expect pictures when the little guy is born!

I'm doing ok. I don't have the internet at the moment, so I'm only getting on here every couple of days. The pelvic disorder is acting up as I'm getting bigger! Having a lot of trouble with my hips at the moment, which can be fairly debilitating!

Not nearly close enough imo! 27 weeks this week...still another 13 to go. Just getting ready for the arrival....bought the cot and mattress yesterday and have a bunch of friends coming down to move furniture, set up cot and get the bedroom ready for me on friday. Very exciting!

How are you feeling? xx
    Am tired, cant take the iron as my tummy is odd and becoming more amemic, my knees got badly bruised as i fell out of bed when ill and have been in bed all week...would not give up my baby for anything though...we have to sort nursery too!

Am tired, cant take the iron as my tummy is odd and becoming more amemic, my knees got badly bruised as i fell out of bed when ill and have been in bed all week...would not give up my baby for anything though...we have to sort nursery too!

You are lucky to have shane! By the time you decide to start doing it, you can only really oversee most things :P

That's the part driving me crazy...having to find people to do things for me...but it's very exciting. Have you decided to decorate or just leave it plain?

I feel im being robbed as my flat has only two rooms so I can't properly make it a nursery!

• Advertisement

You are lucky to have shane! By the time you decide to start doing it, you can only really oversee most things :P

That's the part driving me crazy...having to find people to do things for me...but it's very exciting. Have you decided to decorate or just leave it plain?

I feel im being robbed as my flat has only two rooms so I can't properly make it a nursery!
    We only have 3 and it still does not feel like a enough...I had one room for my clothes and stuff and he had an electronics room, his room is the baby room but will have to share with him! I only have Shane though, the bro cant decorate for valid reasons so we dont know what to do. I want a mural that someone sent me a link too, is gorgeous.

oh send us the link!!

I have some really nice ideas for little girls rooms....but it wont make a difference for a baby. I'll probably have more fun in another year or so when we move into a bigger apartment anyway...there won't be as much stress and I will be able to lift and paint myself by then.

Buying the baby stuff is so much fun! I'm having two baby showers last I heard....so I'm looking forward to january when all the bits and pieces start really building up! :)

oh send us the link!!

I have some really nice ideas for little girls rooms....but it wont make a difference for a baby. I'll probably have more fun in another year or so when we move into a bigger apartment anyway...there won't be as much stress and I will be able to lift and paint myself by then.

Buying the baby stuff is so much fun! I'm having two baby showers last I heard....so I'm looking forward to january when all the bits and pieces start really building up! :)
    Am still a bit scared to decorate, if that makes any sense...sending you the pm!

No, that makes sense to me. Try not to worry too much though, just take care of yourself! Your at the best stage now and from the sounds of it your little man sounds like he's thriving! You're doing such a good job Cathy, seriously I really admire you! hugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No, that makes sense to me. Try not to worry too much though, just take care of yourself! Your at the best stage now and from the sounds of it your little man sounds like he's thriving! You're doing such a good job Cathy, seriously I really admire you! hugs

I have to second this and say that I really admire you too. Glad you're ok.

Oh, btw hacked, I'm having a little girl too ;)

oh sweet! So I'm not the only one then hehe. Not that I have a poblem with little boys but I have not heard of a single girl being born in the last year from anyone I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Are you having a second??!!! Congrats!!

Cathy, glad you're ok. Defo have to admire you for going through it like that.

Hacked I can not believe you are 27 weeks! Scary!

We are getting on really good here. Jack is a little legend. So placid it's unreal. He's had awful trouble with his tummy but never cries. There's literally been nights where he's squirmed around the cot for the entire night but never cried. Everyone just loves him. He's four months today. Don't know where the time has gone!

Are you having a second??!!! Congrats!!

Cathy, glad you're ok. Defo have to admire you for going through it like that.

Hacked I can not believe you are 27 weeks! Scary!

We are getting on really good here. Jack is a little legend. So placid it's unreal. He's had awful trouble with his tummy but never cries. There's literally been nights where he's squirmed around the cot for the entire night but never cried. Everyone just loves him. He's four months today. Don't know where the time has gone!

Yep baby number two!

oh my goodness excuse the pregnant brain....i totally did not register about you being pregnant just saw girl...congrats!! When did you find out??

Gowayouttadat...i know it's gone so fast hasn't it? I remember freaking out at 6 weeks and you calming me down! haha
    similarly i can't beleive jack is so big! 4 months really has flown in. I want pics! He is so gorgeous.

oh my goodness excuse the pregnant brain....i totally did not register about you being pregnant just saw girl...congrats!! When did you find out??

Gowayouttadat...i know it's gone so fast hasn't it? I remember freaking out at 6 weeks and you calming me down! haha
    similarly i can't beleive jack is so big! 4 months really has flown in. I want pics! He is so gorgeous.

Nah! I've only told a few people that I'm pregnant this time around, too busy with other baba!! I'm due the end of February / start of March. Found out a few weeks ago... had mad trouble trying to find a maternity hospital in Dublin that could give me an appointment before my due date!!

• Advertisement

oh wow so you didn't find out for ages then. I'm due the beginning of march as well. Thats so exciting! so your about 27/28 weeks then? And you have a ittle girl already, right?
    Oh wow I'm delighted for you. What hospital did you end up getting an appointment in?

oh wow so you didn't find out for ages then. I'm due the beginning of march as well. Thats so exciting! so your about 27/28 weeks then? And you have a ittle girl already, right?
    Oh wow I'm delighted for you. What hospital did you end up getting an appointment in?

Ended up with an appointment in the Coombe this time, even though the Rotunda is closer to me. Midwife in Coombe has told me that if it's an emergency and I need to ring an ambulance they will take me to the nearest maternity hospital. I had a c section last time around so hopefully things go well this time. Yeah around 28 weeks! My little girl will be one in less than two weeks!

oh wow...you're just a week ahead of me so! I have nothing but good things to say about the Coombe. Thye were really good to my mom on the last two kids. If I had been given a choice I would have picked the Coombe myself...although it is a pain to get to!

Yep, I live in Finglas, so the 19 goes directly there, it just takes aggggeeessss is all lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

our baby is a boy, it is our tiger cub again

yay! another boy!!! congrats :)

Congrats Adrieanne!

Was thinking you were on the pregnancy board a lot but didn't guess. :)

Having a rough couple of days here. Yesterday around 9pm I realised baby had been unusually quiet all day so I started getting really worried. Eventually got him going with a can of coke and some poking. Still quiet enough, so decided to check if he had gone into my pelvis, encountered my cervix and it's as soft as everything else in there. So then had my second panic of the night as I went mad looking up if it meant baby was going to come early! Anyway yes it's early for softness but it doesn't mean he'll cone early. Phew! Ended up sleeping like the dead last night after all that.

Then today the little guy is going bananas all day, had my afternoon nap and woke up cramping, all my Braxton Hicks have been painless up to this. So that's still going on. The more it contracts the more he kicks/hits/moves about and causes more BH! Argh! Couldn't eat my dinner I feel so sick.

I'm blaming the full moon!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Congrats Adrieanne!

Was thinking you were on the pregnancy board a lot but didn't guess. :)

Having a rough couple of days here. Yesterday around 9pm I realised baby had been unusually quiet all day so I started getting really worried. Eventually got him going with a can of coke and some poking. Still quiet enough, so decided to check if he had gone into my pelvis, encountered my cervix and it's as soft as everything else in there. So then had my second panic of the night as I went mad looking up if it meant baby was going to come early! Anyway yes it's early for softness but it doesn't mean he'll cone early. Phew! Ended up sleeping like the dead last night after all that.

Then today the little guy is going bananas all day, had my afternoon nap and woke up cramping, all my Braxton Hicks have been painless up to this. So that's still going on. The more it contracts the more he kicks/hits/moves about and causes more BH! Argh! Couldn't eat my dinner I feel so sick.

I'm blaming the full moon!

I hung out here even before I was pregnant, I loved reading up on all you girls and your pregnancies!!

Googling is the worst thing ya can do, I scared myself silly sometimes!!

I hung out here even before I was pregnant, I loved reading up on all you girls and your pregnancies!!

Googling is the worst thing ya can do, I scared myself silly sometimes!!

I'm the opposite, I would have gone to the hospital if I couldn't find anything from a good medical source. Either that or I would have worked myself into a ridiculous state! VHI has saved me so much worry by being able to check their site on a whim! This was literally the first panic I've had all pregnancy, think it's because my brother's gf lost her baby around this time, and even though the reason that happened isn't applicable to my pregnancy it seems I'm freaking out a bit anyway.

So were you out of the first tri before you found out about baba 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cathy... glad to hear you're ok.. i wasn't on here for 3 days and look at all i've missed!!! I had another scan on monday and again it's not cooperating...:( bummer ah well i wasn't meant to know...
    MY house is a complete kip at the moment i'm tripping over boxes everywhere.. moving on friday.. and i have to say i can't wait.. I'll be able to concentrate on baby then and actually get some stuff done llike buy some nappies and vests and colthes!! i'm due in 3 weeks... where has the time gone. I dont' even have a moses basket never mind a cot :D:D:eek::eek:
    I was hoping to get the rest of the week off work to finish the packing but it all has to be done today and i'm sitting here munching on a sausage sandwich knowing it's the last thing i'll have time for til the kids get home from school.. my friend was to help me pack came back from NY with swine flu.. so i'm packing on my own.. I have to say i'm wrecked.. i just want to light the fire and spend the day on the couch..:D but there you have it..saturday night i'm spending with my brother in law and his partner, it's an enforced rest otherwise i'll spend the weekend unpacking.. she told us 5 weeks ago she's pregnant and discovered 3 weeks ago she's having twins!!! I laughed my head off!! but she's insisting on minding me for the weekend so i'll let her!!:D

• Advertisement

Das Kitty --

I think thats the worst part of having an incredibly active baby! My little girl is a dancer...seriously. she moves like a nutcase, and then about a week or so ago she just went virtually silent for 3 days. I guess they need their rest too!

Advertisement