Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I'm having a girl also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Das Kitty, yeah I was nearly 16 weeks when I found out!! Great thing about having another little girl is all the clothes are going up for this one too!! Addisons birthday next weekend so loads to do for that, she was awake all last night teething god bless us, she only got her first tooth last week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

hacked wrote: »
    oh my goodness excuse the pregnant brain....i totally did not register about you being pregnant just saw girl...congrats!! When did you find out??

Gowayouttadat...i know it's gone so fast hasn't it? I remember freaking out at 6 weeks and you calming me down! haha
    similarly i can't beleive jack is so big! 4 months really has flown in. I want pics! He is so gorgeous.

Adrienne big congrats!! Delighted for you.

Hacked it's flown... really scary how fast time goes. I'll be back at work before I know it! Boo!

This is him about two weeks ago:

IMG_0169.jpg

And this is him a good few weeks back when he started smiling:
    HPIM1313.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

lolli and adrienne -- there we go...all the little boards boys will be fighting over our gorgeous girls! :P

goway -- Aw bless him. Such an adorable little smile! He's so big...seriously...it's scary how fast they grow!

Jack is gorgeous!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks girls. Shur we're mad about him. My family are actually obsessed, first grandchild and all that :D Very handy for babysitting lol

Does anyone know anything about chicken pox? My youngest sister managed to catch them, and I've been up at the house with the fam for the last two days. I've already had them myself, but is there any chance of me getting them again and it being damaging to the baby?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Does anyone know anything about chicken pox? My youngest sister managed to catch them, and I've been up at the house with the fam for the last two days. I've already had them myself, but is there any chance of me getting them again and it being damaging to the baby?

Once you've gotten them yourself- you are immune to them, and you confer your immunity on your baby. If you have any queries you need to contact your GP or consultant Gynae though.

smccarrick wrote: »
    Once you've gotten them yourself- you are immune to them, and you confer your immunity on your baby. If you have any queries you need to contact your GP or consultant Gynae though.

Thanks...I'm not too too worried about it as I havent had too much contact with her the last day, didn't want to bother the doctor. I've had them before, so I'll just keep my fingers corssed!

Hey hacked, they broke out in work while I was pregnant and I was told the same as what smcarrick just said. Once you've had them you're fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

lolli and adrienne -- there we go...all the little boards boys will be fighting over our gorgeous girls! :P

Hehe yeah there'll be a fight over them alright :D

Goaway your baby is such a cutie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Angel2009

Hi guys,
    I'm not pregnant as far as I know but have all the symptoms! Spent the last three hours on this forum reading up on you all!

Hacked: I think your amazing.You're a year younger than me and you are coping so well.I was a bit worried when I thought I was pregnant but after reading up on you I think myself and fiance will cope. Hope everything goes well for you.

Goaway: your baby is sooooo cute!Hes gonna be a total heartbreaker in years to come!

Cathy: hope everything goes well for yourself and Shane. I have been reading your posts for a while just wanted to let you know you're in my prayers.

:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I haven't read this thread in a while but after reading another post by Adrienne__X I had to come and catch up:)
    Congrats:))
    I can't believe Addison is nearly 1 already,time has flown:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I haven't read this thread in a while but after reading another post by Adrienne__X I had to come and catch up:)
    Congrats:))
    I can't believe Addison is nearly 1 already,time has flown:)

I know, time is really going by super fast. She has grown so much over the past year. Such a tiny little thing when born, getting big and bold now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lisax

HI all!!! I just found out last thursday i was expecting :D, i am about 6 weeks pregnant.
    How far is everyone else gone? I am very nervous though as i have had 3 miscarriages in the past year :(. I am waiting on an appointment from the early pregnancy unit at the moment.
    How are all you ladys?:)

Bleh. What to expect tells me my hormones should be levelling off this month. That's a lie! I'm 28 weeks this week, and at 27 weeks on the dot the first trimester mood swings came back with full force. I've spent the last two days alternating between angry and sobbing and I would like to kill one person in particular. I really hate being pregnant sometimes!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Congrats Lisa :)
    Doing ok if those hormones would just bugger off ...Seriously thought i was going to have to call in sick today (Had a few days off and the thought of coming back to work was really depressing...Way more worse than normal )
    Other than that not too bad :)
    How are you feeling??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭potter on

anyone heard about maternity benefit cut by 10 euros per week from january 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

potter on wrote: »
    anyone heard about maternity benefit cut by 10 euros per week from january 2010.

God no I hope not. I've just had my baby so I'm on the maternity benefit at the moment and I havent heard anything about it.

There will also be a decrease of €10 per week in the maximum rate and a decrease of €4.50 per week in the minimum rate of Maternity Benefit and Adoptive Benefit from the first week of January 2010.

From here.

Maybe only new applicants will get that rate though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

doubt it somehow, reckon it'll be on all payments. What with that and the €16 off child benefit, I'll be down €56- to €66 per month, and that's all I'm going to have coming in on my side. Himself is bearly working at the moment, things are quiet. Gets a bit worrying, better hold back a bit on xmas, and keep some cash for when I'm out next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭potter on

ye, i'd say it will probably apply to everyone. everyone focuses on child benefit cut. many are probably not even aware of maternity benefit cut. it is a bit too much for government to cut maternity benefit on top of child benefit. probably it will be cut further next budget.

god damnit...you girls are the only boards members I like. The majority of them are right ****.

Is it so wrong for a single pregnant woman to be seriously stressed about budget cuts? Is it wrong of her to feel like there is no incentive for people to jump right back into work and education when stuck in a ****ty situation with no money? Is it wrong to expect this country to actually have some common sense, look at the rest of the world and realise one of our big problems is that we are still charging through the roof?? So WHY do i get accused of wanting handouts? All I want is affordable living. I'm sorry daycare prices in this country are in no way realisitc.

Damn hormones, I'm sorry for being upset. >.<

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Don't worry about being upset.
    This country is too expensive, no matter how you look at it. We need to reinvent ourselves from the bottom up. Childcare costs are ridiculous- you'd almost need a fulltime job, just to pay childcare in a creche, and you'd have damn all left over to pay any bills.

The way the country is structured- is an active disincentive for someone to try to get off social welfare and into a job (or ironically- the inverse- in some situations, it may be seen to be forcing people who really should be taking things easy- into going back to work early, before its safe for them to do so).

Maternity leave in Ireland is pathetic. Paternity leave is a complete and utter joke. The lack of affordable childcare facilities- is the nail in the coffin for many people........

All any of us can do is keep hammering this home to our TDs- it may not get anything done- but if you imply that enough people agree with you and it will cost them votes- even if things are done for the wrong reasons, sometimes the ends justify the means........

Thats actually not a bad idea, smcarrick.

I don't know if anyone on here is in the same situation as myself, but being on my own, I'm on social welfare. I miss working a lot. It's not so much the worry of money that gets me upset it's the way people treat you.

Single mother? Automatic scum.
    Single mother on social welfare? Lazy bitch wanting handouts for the rest of her life.

It's so soul destroying to have everyone tell you your child should never be born!

I think that's really why I'm upset. Thanks for being so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Single mother? Automatic scum.

Ah I think we're past that in Ireland. I hope we are anyway. I married a single mum. :)
    Single mother on social welfare? Lazy bitch wanting handouts for the rest of her life.

I'd agree with that though. Only kidding. :)

hehe!

Khannie, how is the wife getting on? Haven't heard an update recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Eh....she's a mess to be honest. :D

We're now at the point where I have to tie her shoe laces for her (If you ever meet her, don't tell her I told you that). She's not sleeping well at night because baby's kicking a lot. Lastly, she seems to get wrecked with even minor exertion (walking down to the playschool to pick up the little one has her written off for the day).

God love her. It's a rough business this pregnancy malarky.

On the plus side I'm around a lot more because I've no fights coming up so I don't have to train and that means I can help out a lot more. The down side to that is that I'm getting fat. I call it "sympathy belly". :D

haha aw! Sympathy belly is slightly adorable! Just try not and get sympathy mood swings...my OH did and I was fit to kill him. :o

She must really appreciate the extra help! I'm getting to the same stage and considering just wearing my slippers when I'm out and about!

How long to go now? I'm so bad with remembering the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Khannie wrote: »
    Eh....she's a mess to be honest. :D

We're now at the point where I have to tie her shoe laces for her (If you ever meet her, don't tell her I told you that). She's not sleeping well at night because baby's kicking a lot. Lastly, she seems to get wrecked with even minor exertion (walking down to the playschool to pick up the little one has her written off for the day).

God love her. It's a rough business this pregnancy malarky.

On the plus side I'm around a lot more because I've no fights coming up so I don't have to train and that means I can help out a lot more. The down side to that is that I'm getting fat. I call it "sympathy belly". :D

Here's your wife's sister, I'm wearing fancy flat shoes with my trakkie bottoms because they're the only ones I have without laces. Had to drop my car in to the garage yesterday and walk about a mile to the hospital, God I was destroyed. Had no time for a nap yesterday evening so was like a zombie today at work, was actually afraid of myself driving home I was that sleepy (thank god it's short!). Then I got in the door and there was a card from the inlaws and I called them granny and grandad to my OH and he said "Not Yet" and I started bawling crying like a lunatic. This was at 3pm. Just after waking up after my nap now. LOL.

Advertisement