Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Don't speak too soon hun! I remember being crippled with heartburn in the last four weeks with Addison. Rang my mam crying at 11.30pm one night because I'd no Gaviscon and didn't know any "alternative" remedies for it.

I walked around the shop yesterday and had the most unbelievable cramp in my lower left abdomen. Could hardly walk with it... only seems to be when I'm walking and starts after a few minutes. Baby is moving around like mad the last two days, OH got a kick in the head last night :D Was sooo funny :D

shhh! I'm turning into a cripple...let me have my illusions delusions! :P

Oooh...I've been having those since the early days. I think it's just stretching! I remember at about 9 or 10 weeks I got one so bad that I dropped to the floor in Superquinn and started screaming in pain. :eek:
    Warm baths help....so does massaging...it may look like your doing something dirty, but hell, you've got a belly....go shock em all :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Well i cant believe im 10+ 1 gone already !!!I know its only the start compared to some of ye but jebus its flown in ... i feel like i may be getting ready form the second tri...Have alot more energy(mind you not that much but more than 4 weeks ago lol)
    Question time..Are nosebleeds normal??I mean two days in a row now ive got them and i used never get them before..

Hope everyone else is doing good...

Oh p.s Cutest lil reindeer suit ever in Penneys...Melt even the coldest heart :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah nosebleeds are common. I'm getting the odd one as well.

If you get one that just won't stop though it could be a sign of high blood pressure. Ask your doc the next time you see them.

Had my 34 week appointment today, all going grand, bit of glucose but not enough to have to do the tolerance test thankfully.

Baby's head has started engaging too and he's in a good position! Delighted with that, it also explains the wonderful new stabbing pains I'm getting in my lady garden! The joys!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Gah. Mrs was told to go into the hospital. I've to head over to meet her there. Something about irregularities in the babys heartbeat indicating that it might be in distress. Was told she may be induced / sectioned if that is the case. Feeling fairly sh*t right now. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Khannie wrote: »
    Gah. Mrs was told to go into the hospital. I've to head over to meet her there. Something about irregularities in the babys heartbeat indicating that it might be in distress. Was told she may be induced / sectioned if that is the case. Feeling fairly sh*t right now. :(

Sorry to hear that Khannie- our thoughts are with you, your wife and your new baby. Hopefully it turns out to be a false alarm. Shane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Same here Khannie, best wishes to you and your family.

Thinking of you and your wife and baby, hope everything turns out ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

wishing you all the very best, our thoughts are with you.

Good luck Khannie. Hope all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

best wishes khannie... let us know how it all goes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thanks everyone. Well I had to hang around in work to kill a bit of time (hence the post earlier) while she got a lift in. We got in there and they were great. Immediate attention. You could hear the heart skipping beats with the monitor easily enough, but they left it on for an hour or more and said that baby was fine. The nurse said it wasn't terribly uncommon. She had a doctor look over the trace then they let us go.

Anyway, panic over.

Khannie wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Well I had to hang around in work to kill a bit of time (hence the post earlier) while she got a lift in. We got in there and they were great. Immediate attention. You could hear the heart skipping beats with the monitor easily enough, but they left it on for an hour or more and said that baby was fine. The nurse said it wasn't terribly uncommon. She had a doctor look over the trace then they let us go.

Anyway, panic over.

I'm so glad everything turned out ok! Hope you guys get some good rest tonight.

Phew! Thank feck for that!

i'm having a blue day today. I'm very tired, and I feel lonely. I've not been able to do much this last week or so, been so tired and I have so much I need to get done. It feels like the novelty of my pregnancy has worn off, and everyone is busy, so I don't see people much. but I still have 11 weeks to go! I could just use a cup of tea and a chat tonight. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Hacked hope you feel better...I kinda understand but my reason for not meeting people is cause ill only tell them and i dont want to until the start of next year so i can kinda relate to it ..Why not invite some people over or have a bath ..warm pjs and a nice mug of tea to relax with always helps me :)

Khannie-Glad everythings ok ..and hope it continues that way :)

Hope everyone else is doing ok :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

Hacked, that "fed up" feeling happens to most pregnant women. It's good to post here because we can say how we are really feeling, especially when all around think its all good when it's not always. Look after yourself.

thanks for letting me moan! the last week has been confusing. I'm sick of being fat and immobile, and im sick of people just forgetting me. I can't really complain right now as it's just that time of year, and everyone's busy...but combined with the sudden feeling of 'maybe I don't want a baby after all' is frustrating! I know that's very normal, but I still feel like a bad person. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Proper labour started. Baby no. 2 on the way it appears. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Síun Máiread was born at 5.13am this morning at 8 pounds 2. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Congratulations nesf!

• Advertisement

Congrats!! :)

Aww, congrats...cute names for your little one too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

nesf wrote: »
    Síun Máiread was born at 5.13am this morning at 8 pounds 2. :D

Congratulations :D

Comhghairdeas nesf! Ainm álainn.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Congrats on your new bundle..just in time for christmas too :)

Hacked I hope your feeling better...those "Why am I having a baby" feelings never really go away I'm afraid, at least I seem to have that very thought every time I get into an argument with my 12 year old ( every second day it seems ) anyway :D

nesf congratulations you lucky thing!!!!

i've 2 days left to my due date... officially finished work today and i'm so happy i don't have to get up early in the morning and do a school run!!! :D:D:D:D and it looks like the house sale will be complete the first week in january so all in all it's looking like a lot like christmas!!!!yipee:D just pray i don't get snowed in or frozen roads to the hospital:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joe slow

Hi all,

My wife is 8 weeks gone and we have sent away our doctors letter to portlaoise hospital. As of yet we hav'nt got any reply, was just wondering if anyone has any experience of portlaoise? We have booked a private scan for around the 12th week just for peace of mind

Thanks and happy xmas to all

j.s

dear santy,
    please can i have a day off from nesting???:D:D so far my ham is cooked all the veg are prepared the turkey is stuffed and the presents are all under the tree.. i'm going since five past 7 this morning and i'm totally knackered, but my brain won't switch off.. if i go into labour before christmas dinner i've only to get him to turn the oven on and follow the instructions i wrote out... i'm not normally so flippin anal but this is organisation beyond the norm.:eek:The only thing i seem to have difficulty with is packing my bag.. it's only half done, what's that about??
    serious countdown starting tomorrow..;)

Spent most of the day puking (hope that it is not food poioning) or the big c back, also baby has too much fluid surrounding him so am very worried, my best is not good enough. Still loosing weight so that is another worry (was very underweight at the begining of pregnancy). Also tried to have a bath but due to my severe anemia felt too week to get out so was stuck in there for 1.5 hours until husband got home. Hospital will not treat anemia. Feel very down, feel like a failure. Oh, also getting restless legs and my back is killing me, my blood sugar is high and worried how that will affect baby.

• Advertisement

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Spent most of the day puking (hope that it is not food poioning) or the big c back, also baby has too much fluid surrounding him so am very worried, my best is not good enough. Still loosing weight so that is another worry (was very underweight at the begining of pregnancy). Also tried to have a bath but due to my severe anemia felt too week to get out so was stuck in there for 1.5 hours until husband got home. Hospital will not treat anemia. Feel very down, feel like a failure. Oh, also getting restless legs and my back is killing me, my blood sugar is high and worried how that will affect baby.

Your in my thoughts Cathy, hope your feeling better soon.

Damn it, i'm on my way into the hospital again. >.< Spent last night having quite painful braxton hicks...at least we all thought tey were. I got quite sick at one point too and needed to vmit. Went on for 5 hours or so, then started calming down around 12.30 or so, so I tried going to bed. Was in bed for a little bit, and woke up not too long after, been in a ot of pain all night. I'm not sure if it's contractions now or not. Holles Street told me to come straight in...but it's Christmas Eve!! oh please oh please oh please don't keep me in!!

Advertisement