Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Swizzles wrote: »
    Nah no bleeding just cramping but seems to be way less painful than in the first few weeks..Just thought it was meant to die down soon is all.
    Its strange coz everyone says youll know whats normal and youll know if its not normal...Just makes me wana scream none of this feels normal to me coz ive never been pregnant before :rolleyes:

One thing I've learned since becoming pregnant....most people are idiots. (not applicable to anyone here!)

For me the first half of my pregnancy I was getting worried and calling over every little thing. The second half I have been more in tune with myself can tell more what's normal pain and what's not....but everyone is different!

Always check with your doctor if in doubt.

Although, the stretching pains do continue the whole pregnancy. Some weeks I don't have many, other weeks I'm in bits! Esepcially since this is your first time you have to remember that your body has never had to stretch this much before! You're bound to feel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Ya, you can get crampy around the times your periods would have been due.

I got stretchy pains all up to about 20 weeks.

You must not have long left now DK! Seems like forever you've been pregnant lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Thanks Hacked..Thank god im nearly in my second tri now ..But never thought about the stretching pains still carrying on ,well not when i cant see anything now lol
    Least ive got my first appointment with the hospital on Wednesday its the second scan (first was private at 7 weeks )So should see alot more this time (will be 13 weeks exactly that day ) fingers crossed and hopefully ill get to ask all those embarrassing questions :)

No worries. And good luck with the hospital appointment! Seriously, ask as many questions as you can, really helps. I brought a whole list of them I'd written out to my first hospital appointment! :D

Yeah I know, wait till you get a bump and then try beleiving how MUCH you stretch and in how short a time! :eek: My stretching pains were worst in the first trimester....but those were the ones down by the pubic bone. Now my stretching is up right under my boobs. You just never stop!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

god i cant believe how fast my pregnancy has gone.

i had a sweep thursday no sign yet though

• Advertisement

Ah lolli...are you due now too? So many babies being born in the next couple of months!! :D

i'm 38 weeks hun! recession brings on a baby boom :)

It does indeed. I saw some stats recently...apparently there hasnt been this many babies born since 1890 something!

Sorry :o A lot of people haven't mentioned their due dates, so I get confused as to when some people are due. Really excited for you though.

i'm due 14th but they want me to have her before then

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww:) hope you go soon so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You must not have long left now DK! Seems like forever you've been pregnant lol.

Just 3 and a half weeks left not including extra time. Can't remember what it's like not to be pregnant at this stage!

thanks rach :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Just 3 and a half weeks left not including extra time. Can't remember what it's like not to be pregnant at this stage!

Hey, I had a break of 5 months between pregnancies... imagine what it feels like for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

hacked wrote: »
    It does indeed. I saw some stats recently...apparently there hasnt been this many babies born since 1890 something!

I'd definitely believe that, I met up with a girlfriend today in Blanch and we couldn't get over how many pregnant women there were there today (including us both :pac:).
    In my job there are 4 women - 3 of them are pregnant!

I got a book for a friend of mine recently 'What to expect when you're expecting'. I'm raging I didn't get it for myself as soon as I found out I was pregnant or something similar, its so reassuring the stuff that it tells you to expect and whats normal.
    I had a bleed early in the pregnancy, I went straight to the hospital at the time and they reassured me all was fine, but afterwards I started getting the stretching pains (like period pains.)
    If only I'd know then it was just my uterus and various other bits stretching to accomodate babs, it wouldv'e saved me a heart attack or too and stopped me obsessing about if I was going to have another bleed or not :rolleyes:

Has anyone here gone to the La Leche breastfeeding info nights?
    I read 'The contented baby' book by Gina Ford and that has a good section on breastfeeding but think I'll look into some of the books recommended above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the due dates... i was due 10 days ago.. i'm so fed up.... they're leaving me until thursday to start me.. a full 14 days over..yay..:eek: and absolutely no sign of any move on him or her.. in absolutely in no hurry at all.. christmas eve (due date) came and went and nothing..had a sweep last thursday had a show on friday and then back to normal. I hope it's as lazy when it does arrive.. i'm the cleanest woman in ireland i'd say.. lots of pampering too..;) ah well thursday is only 4 days away, i just don't fancy being induced it's so much more painful.. :( just send lots of labour waves my way and hopefully something will give..my poor husband had a dry christmas and new year.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Ciara7

Hey try not to worry about pain been worse when induced cos I was induced on my second son and found his labour not as bad as the other two it wasn't easy but quick!!!

Ciara7 wrote: »
    Hey try not to worry about pain been worse when induced cos I was induced on my second son and found his labour not as bad as the other two it wasn't easy but quick!!!

I was sped up on my first they turned on the drip at 10.15am and she was born at 11.32am.. :D which was great but it was so intense the pains were right on top of each other for the hour.. on the second i was 12 days over and they brought me in to start me.. they gave me one gel the night before and i started myself at 3.20am she arrived at 6.02am and whether it was psycological or not i felt more in control cos i had time between contractions to get my breath:D it was just bad for the last 15 mins or so :eek: now i''l put everyone off :D i'm hoping that i birth as quickly this time as it really was only one hour of wow this is sore.. :eek: sorry i don't want ot put the fear of god in first-timers.. i hate people with labour horror stories..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Ciara7

They say a boy will come quick with very little time between contractions and a girl ya will have niggly pains for while before labour!! Not sure how much truth is in this as i've only have boys but on my last son was at hosp for check up on due date and doc said I would go into labour very soon and would have a boy (no scan) I went into labour the following morning at 4am and had a boy!! So I was in early labour at check up but had not realized myself... Point been if it were a girl I would prob of had some sign of Labour.

EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

All this labour talk is scaring me.

I was induced on my last with the drip and laboured for 5 hours before they c sectioned me due to fetal distress... so tis not always fast and furious!

• Advertisement

Is it abnormal for someone at 31 weeks to be so desperate to get the kid out of her?? I feel like I've been feeling this prematurely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Has anyone here gone to the La Leche breastfeeding info nights?
    I read 'The contented baby' book by Gina Ford and that has a good section on breastfeeding but think I'll look into some of the books recommended above :)

Haven't gone yet, but would really like to. It's just incredibly hard to organise myself :rolleyes:
    The breastfeeding book I mentioned earlier is by La Leche League.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

hacked wrote: »
    Is it abnormal for someone at 31 weeks to be so desperate to get the kid out of her?? I feel like I've been feeling this prematurely!

Not in the slightest. We're at 38 weeks now and the mrs is losing the plot.

Khannie wrote: »
    Not in the slightest. We're at 38 weeks now and the mrs is losing the plot.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Khannie! I'd say at 38 weeks I'll be the same. I cried yesterday and resented my baby's existance. I love her really, but dude...I want a life outside of hospital! lol

The highlight of my day was finally getting out of the house to pay the rent. I was so releived I cried. There are a lot of tears thesedays! :eek::D

Hope the baby comes soon Khannie! Best of luck to the mrs :)

Ohh contractions... please please say i'll have a baby by morning... kids are being packed of to nana's house as i speak.. hospital said have a bath??? do i smell???:D lol fingers crossed its not a false one...:eek::eek::D:D:D i'll let yis know!! wish me luck

Lol bath will determine whether it's real or false labour!! Labour vibes are heading your way! Come on baby, out you come!!!!

false labour?? it wouldn't dare !!:D:D i'm going to bed and that's probably where i'll have it!! haha it's early yet ;)

You see, you're tempting fate saying it's early yet. Baby will now be born by 3am! OMG how will we know you've had baby!! We'll all be left in suspense!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good Luck cbyrd!!

• Advertisement

Good luck cbyrd! Labour vibes being sent your way! :D

Advertisement