Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Good luck to you!!! And welcome into the world, new baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Good Luck cbyrd, it is worth it in the end!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Good luck Cbyrd :D

Anyone here heard of problems with someone coming in for the 12 week scan with you in CUMH?
    Heard it from someone today that due to swine flu their not leaving two ppl in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Oh for the love of god.... baby is still not here!! I had a bath as suggested and pains didn't go... so figured they weren't braxton hicks they felt much too strong... they were 7 mins apart so went to bed to relax, by 4am they were 5 mins apart and fairly intense right round into my back where i had most of my labour pains on my first... so up i get and decided i'll have a cup of tea and then get himself up.. they feckin stopped at half 4...:eek::eek::mad::mad: not a bloody dickie bird since... i just sat down and cried... i'm so fed up i really thought this was it. i swear i'm getting first slap when it does finally come out... my head is wrecked with all in my mam's house texting me to find out what i have!!a nervous breakdown is what!! ah well roll on thursday:( i wonder how long it would stay put if they didn't start me?? :D

on the upside(if there is one) we got the call from the solicitor to say we're signing contracts today at 3 so yay something is going right!! that was only 4 weeks late:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Aw cbyrd your baby is just teasing you now. Hopefully you go before induction!

Good luck signing contracts today!!

• Advertisement

thank you everyone for the good wishes just wish i had something good to report... i feel like such an eejit.. you think i'd know this being my third... ah well contract or contractions...can't have both i suppose!! at least he or she is still happy enough to kick the bejesus out of me... there's a lot worse i know..;) i'm slowly calming down :):D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

*has a stern word with cbyrd's baby*

OK, he/she says that he'll definitely come out next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Swizzles wrote: »
    Good luck Cbyrd :D

Anyone here heard of problems with someone coming in for the 12 week scan with you in CUMH?
    Heard it from someone today that due to swine flu their not leaving two ppl in :(

Hi Swizzles, I don't reckon they are leaving anyone in at the mo, but maybe ring and check nefore you go in to be sure. Def would be nice to have someone with u.
    I had my last appt on my own there and it was fine, but I know how u feel!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nikkir359

hi everyone im 22 and im pregnant on my second child 1st 1 was a boy hes 3 now im 3 months gone and counting..... :eek::eek: i only found out a month ago im so excitied yad swear it was 8 months ago ...:p

nikkir359 wrote: »
    hi everyone im 22 and im pregnant on my second child 1st 1 was a boy hes 3 now im 3 months gone and counting..... :eek::eek: i only found out a month ago im so excitied yad swear it was 8 months ago ...:p

Hello there sister! I'm also 22 and due my second child in about 7 weeks! Are we mad or what?

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    *has a stern word with cbyrd's baby*

OK, he/she says that he'll definitely come out next time ;)

that's so funny!! next time will be in the hospital by order of official eviction!! only thing i cant' understand is why they want me in at 2pm tomorrow if i'm not being started until thursday morning??? last time they brought me in at 8pm for same reason ( only at 12 days instead of 14:() i can't wait to be rid of the indigestion... it's so bad since sunday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nikkir359

Hello there sister! I'm also 22 and due my second child in about 7 weeks! Are we mad or what?
    stop mad aint the word for us girl hows yours goin mine is sooo different

Very different this time around, much bigger, more tired (but that's cos I'm running around after a one year old!!), more emotional for some weird reason!!

How about you? At least you left a bit of a gap between your two!

Very different this time around, much bigger, more tired (but that's cos I'm running around after a one year old!!)

I really couldn't do it adrienne. Aidan takes up all day everyday. Between Addison and the new one arriving soon, I really have nothing but respect for you!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I really couldn't do it adrienne. Aidan takes up all day everyday. Between Addison and the new one arriving soon, I really have nothing but respect for you!

I dunno! I can't wait! Addison is amusing herself for most of the day these days anyway exploring everything. The only time she looks for attention is for food or if she's tired! She moseys around the sitting room in the morning and it's hilarious watching her doing some of the stuff she does.

How is Aidan these days? Getting big and bold I bet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I agree....pregnancy is hard enough! I don't know how you can be pregnant and run after a tiny person!

I dunno! I can't wait! Addison is amusing herself for most of the day these days anyway exploring everything. The only time she looks for attention is for food or if she's tired! She moseys around the sitting room in the morning and it's hilarious watching her doing some of the stuff she does.

How is Aidan these days? Getting big and bold I bet!!

He is absolute trouble, climbing onto everything and crawling for hours on end. He wants nothing but attention all day every day, hence why I couldn't even think of another one yet!

Yeah, Addison was like that at 10 months too. Constant attention. It changes so much, they get so much more independent soon. I bet he's a cutie though lol!

Yeah, Addison was like that at 10 months too. Constant attention. It changes so much, they get so much more independent soon. I bet he's a cutie though lol!

He has a chest infection and ear infection at the moment, so not doing great but when I wake in the morning and see him standing in his cot looking at me with his huge smile, my heart melts!

He was eating chocolate rice cakes and destroyed the place the other day, when I asked him "what did you do?" this is what was facing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    He has a chest infection and ear infection at the moment, so not doing great but when I wake in the morning and see him standing in his cot looking at me with his huge smile, my heart melts!

he's so adorable!

• Advertisement

Oh my God! He's gorgeous!! Addison is only starting to cop that she can stand in her cot now lol, I think her grobag was constricting her a bit but not anymore! I thank God that she's not sick that often.

Here's the cheeky wagon...

Oh my God! He's gorgeous!! Addison is only starting to cop that she can stand in her cot now lol, I think her grobag was constricting her a bit but not anymore! I thank God that she's not sick that often.

Here's the cheeky wagon...

Aidan didn't even practise in front of us. I put him into his cot in his grobag one night after a few minutes he started screaming so I bolted into the room to see what was wrong, there he was grobag and all standing up, I called his dad and since then trying to get him not to do it is the trick!:rolleyes:

I was packing a suitcase for to go to Cork for 2 days, Aidan made it clear he was coming too! (although I had told him already he was coming)

Haha! She started pulling herself up around the furniture in the sitting room. She is now trying to scale the stairs. She nearly vaulted over the cot in her nan's on new years eve (but thats cos it hasn't been lowered yet), thank god I was in the room with her at the time, that and it's pushed up against the bed so it would have been a safe landing for her anyway.

Haha, he's a baby who knows what he wants!!

Haha! She started pulling herself up around the furniture in the sitting room. She is now trying to scale the stairs. She nearly vaulted over the cot in her nan's on new years eve (but thats cos it hasn't been lowered yet), thank god I was in the room with her at the time, that and it's pushed up against the bed so it would have been a safe landing for her anyway.

Haha, he's a baby who knows what he wants!!

Yes Aidan was in his nan's over xmas and started to climb the stairs with precision and speed. The child is watching way too many Bond movies!!!!!!!

Haha! He sounds like a great laugh :D Even if your heart is in your mouth while he's doing it!

I meant to add a photo to the trying to stop me from going to Cork post! Damn laptop!!!!

Haha, that is so cute :D I can't get over how big he is. I'd say he's only a tiny bit smaller than Addison!

Yes, he is 80cm tall now! He is going to be way taller than his mammy! I am only 5 foot 3.

Did you say you know your baby's gender Adrienne.

Hacked how are you hanging in there?

wolfpawnat, yeah they think it's a little girl! but I still don't believe them lol

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat, yeah they think it's a little girl! but I still don't believe them lol

Sure, I would never take what they say seriously, there was a Polish woman in the bed next to me in the Rotunda, told she was having a boy, bought all blue and had a girl! That would drive most women mad (not me I am a major fan of blue)

I have to stop coming onto this thread, I am getting all maternal again! Good thing Aidan's father is gone! He'd die if I got pregnant again!:):):)

Advertisement