Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm going the Coombe this time :( Wish I was going the Rotunda again but they were all booked up when I rang.

It was just a quick dating scan as I was 24 weeks at first visit... they didn't do anomoly this time. I have a boys name picked just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I'm going the Coombe this time :( Wish I was going the Rotunda again but they were all booked up when I rang.

It was just a quick dating scan as I was 24 weeks at first visit... they didn't do anomoly this time. I have a boys name picked just in case!

I didn't find out with Aidan, it added to the suspense and excitement. If I were to have another baby in Dublin I would try for the Rotunda (only one I know how to find anyway)

To be honest, I asked and then regretted it immediately afterwards but she had already said it looked like a girl but she couldn't be sure.

I tried for the Rotunda but the only date they could give me was for AFTER the baby was due lol. On the plus side, I have all my notes from the Rotunda now so if needs be I can show them to the Coombe although they haven't asked about them yet.

To be honest, I asked and then regretted it immediately afterwards but she had already said it looked like a girl but she couldn't be sure.

I tried for the Rotunda but the only date they could give me was for AFTER the baby was due lol. On the plus side, I have all my notes from the Rotunda now so if needs be I can show them to the Coombe although they haven't asked about them yet.

But surely they would want to know about the emergency c-section!!!!!!

Oh they know about it! I told them and I also told them about Addie being in distress. They didn't seem too worried about it!

• Advertisement

Oh they know about it! I told them and I also told them about Addie being in distress. They didn't seem too worried about it!

Thats good. After the trauma with Aidan, I will be demanding a c-section if I ever go again! I was in bits from the buggars!!!! And that was only just checking my cervix! I had to scream at the doctor to stop. Actually I think my direct quote was something to the effect of "If you cant feel it, it clearly hasn't descended so LEAVE ME ALONE and annoy someone else" After thatI slammed my thighs together and no one annoyed me for the rest of the day until labour actually went into full swing!

Haha the only time it hurt was when they broke my waters for me! They didn't check me again until after I got the epidural and I couldn't feel it at that point!! I really want the c section again this time. Coombe said if I really wanted it they'd give me one but would prefer if I went for VBAC.

A girl I know tried VBAC a couple of months ago and her scar ruptured just as babies head was crowing... so... yeah that didn't help me in the slightest when she told me that story!

Cant say that that story filled me with warm loving thoughts!!!!!:eek:

Same here and her other child was 4! So it's not like it was a year old scar or anything! Like mine haha!

You ended up with a section too didn't you?

Same here and her other child was 4! So it's not like it was a year old scar or anything! Like mine haha!

You ended up with a section too didn't you?

Yep, like yourself, foetal distress and emergency c-section under anaestetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

ah girls, some of you had a rough time with your labours!

So you decided n the section then, Adrieanne?

hacked, I hope to! Couldn't get to the hospital this morning with the snow... I swear to God I am going to go mental in here.

Oh flip! Excuse the pregnant brain, I forgot you had that hospital appointment when we were talking earlier. Can you call the hospital??

Adrienne, I can only imagine your bored solid, I have to go to Dublin tomorrow and have decided to leave Aidan behind! And with cancelled buses now as well you must be in hell!

We have a car that I don't drive but it's even too dangerous to get out in a car around here.

Sure only the Luas, Dart and rail is safe!

Have you not moved back to Dublin yet lol

Long story short, moved up before xmas, stayed down because of the weather and Aidan's dad is doing work experience in Clare so I said we'd stay down so that if he gets to get away for a night from it he can see Aidan. But I have to get stuff sorted in Dub tomorrow so I have to go back to the apartment!

You poor thing lol! Does he get to see Dad often? Or is he working loads?

Normally dad lives with us, but for veterinary you have to spend several fortnights doing work ex with different types of animals! But it means we dont see him for 14 days at a time. It's hard!

• Advertisement

Aw! Two weeks is hard still! Addison is a Daddys girl, she'd prob go mental without him for that long. When she cries she just wants Daddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Ahhh Went in for my first hospital visit today ..Got my folder :D Saw the baby :D
    Dates keep changing though..Suppose thats normal :rolleyes: so between 12-7 and 13-1 or something lol
    But i offically feel pregnant now:D..Must just tell um in work although i dont want to but...:rolleyes:
    You think Cbyrd has had the baby yet??She was going in today wasnt she ?

And congrats CCL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Yeah, Addison was like that at 10 months too. Constant attention. It changes so much, they get so much more independent soon. I bet he's a cutie though lol!

God, my little fella is just over 10 months and that is so true. He doesn't give me a minute's peace (I mean that in the nicest possible way!) I'm dying with pregnancy sickness and just want to curl up on the sofa and feel sorry for myself but His Highness has other ideas. I'm definetely all for having my kids very close together and getting it all out of the way but currently I feel like I made a crazy decision! I am so tired. I'm off work sick this week but don't know how I'll cope when I go back, especially when OH is working nights and I'll have baby to contend with when I come home from a long day at the office.

I can't wait until he gets to the amuse himself stage:D

That's true! I wonder when cbyrd's baby will be born. So excited for her!! I think she said she was being brought in today, but they aren't inducing her until tomorrow sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

lol i keep expecting to see a message from her saying baby isnt here yet :mad:
    Fingers crossed for her

Unless she went herself last night! No update from her since yesterday lol!!

Vel, don't worry it will come soon, Addison is currently on the floor playing with an empty bottle of Coke... her toys are all over the place and I've already cleaned the room four times today for fear of slipping on one of her dollies!

Aidan has climbed the stairs twice in the last 30 min, me behind him to make sure he doesn't fall. He has thrown all his toys onto the floor and using me as a stool, has climbed onto the sofa twice! He is currently being strapped into his buggy to be driven around the house while having his bottle. I call it meals on wheels because it may calm him long enough for him to consider dozing off!

Haha anything to calm them huh?

When I am looking after him, I just think to myself, ANY woman that can look after more than one young child or being pregnant with another young child, is amazing. I could never do it!

• Advertisement

It'll still be a challenge when Addison is 2/3 anyways... might be even worse cos the jealousy sets in then!

Advertisement