Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Yes, and girls are far more jealous than boys! From what I see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 prissylee

Swizzles wrote: »
    Ahhh Went in for my first hospital visit today ..Got my folder :D Saw the baby :D
    Dates keep changing though..Suppose thats normal :rolleyes: so between 12-7 and 13-1 or something lol
    But i offically feel pregnant now:D..Must just tell um in work although i dont want to but...:rolleyes:
    You think Cbyrd has had the baby yet??She was going in today wasnt she ?

And congrats CCL :D

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I used to be on the tcc thread but found out just before xmas that im preg! Am 8 weeks since mon according to the doc, but think myself I'm only 6 weeks. (have seriously long cycles and only ov on CD28 on my last cycle). So the doc was only going by first day of my last period (nov 9th). Anyways swizzles - just wondered do you know why your dates keep changing? My first scan isn't until Feb, so it's hard waiting that long to know exactly how far along i am. Plus the ms really kicked in this week and I've heard that it kicks in around 6 weeks.

Not throwing up but the nausea is bloody well hard to deal with. Feel nauseous the whole time, so trying to keep busy at work. Plus really don't enjoy eating anymore. I only eat cos I have to. Anyone else feeling like this?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

prissylee wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I used to be on the tcc thread but found out just before xmas that im preg! Am 8 weeks since mon according to the doc, but think myself I'm only 6 weeks. (have seriously long cycles and only ov on CD28 on my last cycle). So the doc was only going by first day of my last period (nov 9th). Anyways swizzles - just wondered do you know why your dates keep changing? My first scan isn't until Feb, so it's hard waiting that long to know exactly how far along i am. Plus the ms really kicked in this week and I've heard that it kicks in around 6 weeks.

Not throwing up but the nausea is bloody well hard to deal with. Feel nauseous the whole time, so trying to keep busy at work. Plus really don't enjoy eating anymore. I only eat cos I have to. Anyone else feeling like this?

Congratulations girl! I'm over the moon for you!

Ya you probably know better how far along you are, the old first day of cycle method is a bit of a blunt instrument. You'll get your proper indication from your scan (even then it's not exact).

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Don't count on the scans either! They keep changing my due date all the time. Although I go by own time. I'm 32 weeks now according to the latest, and if thye tell me i am any earlier than that I know there's not a chance. I have flight stubs to prove it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

prissylee wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hey Prissy
    They only use your lmp as a guideline..Mine keep changing coz i went for a scan when i thought i was 8 + weeks when it turned out i was 7 + weeks (It was a private scan ) then yesterday i had my first hospital ap and they told me that i was another few days behind again :rolleyes:
    I would put myself down as the lowest time then it will seem to go faster but thats just me and my crazy mind :p

Congrats and welcome to the thread :)

• Advertisement

Hi,

Swizzles, hacked and das kitty - thanks very much for you posts. I feel more reassured now about the whole 'dates' business. I think we women know better at the end of the day than the docs...! Will just have to wait to see what they say at the first scan and then either go with that or just trust my own dates!

Das Kitty - not long to go for you now! Hope you're doing ok. Thanks for ur good wishes - we are thrilled alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congrats Prissylee :)
    I continue to find the whole dates things very confusing. I was counting myself in terms of weeks and at 28 weeks thought I was 7 months gone only to find I was only really 6 months!

According to some of the pregnancy websites I am now 32/33 & 34 weeks at the one time :rolleyes:
    Now I just count down how many weeks I have left, its easier :o

I hope your morning sickness isn't too bad, mine kicked in about the 6/7 week mark and I was the same, no vomitting but really nauseous. Thankfully it didn't last too long, hopefully yours wont either :)

I thought i had morning sickness only to discover it was crap on my lungs from the cigs i had given up like 2 weeks before i got pregnant...So i didnt get it at all just felt a little nauseous.

Everyones different though ..And prissy dont google too much itll scare you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    When I am looking after him, I just think to myself, ANY woman that can look after more than one young child or being pregnant with another young child, is amazing. I could never do it!

my MIL had 7 children all 1-2 yrs apart! I was looking at the old pictures of the herd of small children...terrifying. She's a lovely woman, no idea how she didn't go crazy :)

Hi Caprillous - yeah when you look at it like that, the dates thing can get very confusing alright! You're prob better off counting in weeks! And the pregnancy websites have me at 8 and 9 weeks too, so I just ignore them but read the tips and info! I really hope I'm like you though and the nausea doesn't last long. Even after eating I feel nauseous, so you just can't win! But I know im not the only one, and it could be worse. I'm preparing myself that it might last until the 12 weeks anyways.

Lucky you swizzles - you didn't get proper ms! And don't worry I'm not googling much at all! Am gonna buy a good book on pregnancy soon, pop in and out here and read the weekly emails from the two websites i joined. I def think too much info is a bad thing & sometimes you're better off being ignorant! Some may disagree on that one though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

baby Ben was born in a huge hurry on wed night at 22:50 weighing in at 7lbs 10 ozs arrived in 2 hrs 33mins bypassed labour ward will post pic as soon as just home from hospital!!! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wohoo congrats cbyrd!!! Lovely name, on my list!!! Wow fast labour indeed!! Can't wait to see him :D

Congrats!! So happy for you :) and I love that name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nikkir359

yeah i adrianne good enough gap my last pregnancy was a doddle though never sick well some but feck all like.. ill remember this one i am nausious all day every dayow isnthis sn and t helping cant eat or sleep and im always cold what a moan am i

Congrats Cbyrd :D
    Hope you both are ok

CONGRATULATIONS CBYRD!!!!

I'm delighted for you, such a cute name too :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

cbyrd wrote: »
    baby Ben was born in a huge hurry on wed night at 22:50 weighing in at 7lbs 10 ozs arrived in 2 hrs 33mins bypassed labour ward will post pic as soon as just home from hospital!!! :D:D:D:D

Not quite sure how I missed this. Congratulations cbyrd, delighted for you! Hope you're home soon. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

cbyrd wrote: »

Woohoo!

Congrats from me, Hanna and Megan!

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Woohoo!

Congrats from me, Hanna and Megan!

You know I just noticed the pictures of your cars with a very tiny Megan stuck in between all of them haha! How cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ezio

Hi am an expetent father to be we are about 13 weeks gone and got the scan last week it was the best thing i have ever experienced in my life.
    I am just wondering what can i do to help my partner in our pregnancy and what i can do to get ourselves ready at this stage

• Advertisement

Hi Ezio, congratulations! There's a post just below this one "about to become a dad" and "the fathers thread" that has loads of info about what you can do for your partner during pregnancy and after birth.

There are also loads of books available to help you prepare.

Just keep your partner comfortable, listen to her, and pamper her!

Congrats Ezio :)

Enjoy the next few months, you'd be amazed how fast they fly by!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 turbochick

hey, sorry to interrupt all of the congradulations, (congrats by the way!:) ) but i seriously need advice quick.. i am 20 years old, and for the last week or so i have been feeling nearly every pregnancy symptom in the book, except for vomiting. i was paranoid, so i tested 2 days before my period with first response, and it was negative.. i was then due my period yesterday and it never came, and its never late, so i did 2 tests tnite with clearblu, and they were both positive.. i am sweating right now. i am in shock. is this for real or could they be false negatives? sorry to barge into your thread again, i am just really scared right now and cant talk to my parents or friends yet :(

Hey turbo...

With two positive results, I very much doubt it could be a false positive. I just turned 21 and am almost 33 weeks pregnant, so I understand how scared you must feel right now!

Just take it one step at a time. First step...go to your GP for a confirmation test. He's the one that will best be abel to help you right now, and then take it from there.

If you ever want to talk, just send me a pm! :)

thanks so much. i will do that right now if thats cool, not a single person my age would be able to relate to my freaked out state of mind without gettin freaked out with me :) cheers x

Hey Turbo
    False negatives i would believe but not so much false positives..There must be a trace of the pregnancy hormone in your body of the test to pick it up.

Im 23 and 14 weeks gone today so i understand aswell..
    Agree with Hacked speak to your gp first..Try not freak out ..I know i know easier said ...

Hope your ok ..Most of us have been there xxx

Thanks Swizzles,

yeah ... this is freaky.. i was thinking the same; that its probably impossible for the test to detect a hormone that wasnt there! oh god.. i am so shaken up right now, my face is burning hot but i have a cold chill. haha. sorry i am ranting. thank you for your replies :) x

Listen i could tell ya what i did when i found out but i think it would be too embarrasing for me :o
    Take it easy tonight ..Have an early night (even if ya might not sleep )
    Talk to your partner and relax ..Things are early days yet ..

Were here if you need to talk ..God knows ive ranted the ears off these poor girls and im only 14 weeks :p

Yeah I second that! I've had a few freak outs in the pregnancy, and poor boards girls have had to put up with my moaning! :o

• Advertisement

aw guys, i am sittin here smiling for the first time all night. thanks so much. im real thankful that theres legends like you ladies out there :) time will tell, i shall keep you posted :) rock on you yummy mummys :) Xx

Advertisement