Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 turbochick

@ Turbochick, what are your parents like normally? they might be really happy for you, especially when they see how much support you have from your other half as well.

:D

sorry caprilicious only saw your reply there, i am very close to my parents, especially my dad.. mind you, apart from my boyfriend being as sweet and as lovely as can be, my dad always finds a fault in any boyfriend ive ever had, just because like most dads can be, he will never totally see a mr.right for me, maybe its part of being his first daughter, hes not like that with my sister whos 20 months younger than me! so he will go mad at me, and then start slagging and slating my boyfriend in areas that are unneccesary which i am dreading to hear.. and then the last thing he will say is.. ''i dont want him at our house again.. i dont wanna see him again'' or something scary like that... hahaha im trying not to think about that freaky bit, mmm just eating a bowl of fruit with natural yogurt now, lovely :) X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

@ Turbochick, thats a really good start that you're close to your parents.
    Its the same in my family there's just my sister and I, being the eldest of the two I think they were a little stricter with my whereas my lil sister would get away with murder :rolleyes:

Your dad's going to be concerned for you and he might want to throttle your boyf alright at first but I'd said your boyfriend knows there's going to be a certain bit of aggro and will be prepared for it.
    Just tell him whatever your dad says in the heat of the moment to try not take personally it might just be a shock for your dad to know his little girl is all grown up. ;)
    He might be really chuffed at being a grandad though and although being concerned that your young still be happy for you once the shock settles in.

@CathyMoran, I'm sorry for your loss last year & your previous ones also, it must still be raw only a year on but hopefully time will make it that little easier to deal with.
    Sounds you you're having a miserable week with your health too :( are they able to give you much for the anaemia?
    Its horrible I'm prone to it myself although only mild and thankfully it hasn't been an issue during pregnancy as I just can not take any form of iron at all which doesn't help!

How far along are you now? Oh best of luck with the 3D scan they're absolutely amazing!!! Hopefully it'll perk your spirits up a bit too, its hard trying to stay positive when you're feeling so poorly.

My best friend is pregnant at the moment too, she's been signed off work and on complete bed rest since 8 weeks :eek: poor girl is getting serious cabin fever stuck in doors all day!

@Das Kitty - I feel your pain, I hate people trying to smother me with kindness doing things for me.
    I know it sounds really unappreciative but I'm a fiercely independent person and one of the things I've found difficult about pregnancy is not being able to do certain things for myself.
    But when people start treating me like an invalid it drives me nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

CathyMoran, I'm sorry for your loss last year & your previous ones also, it must still be raw only a year on but hopefully time will make it that little easier to deal with.
    Sounds you you're having a miserable week with your health too :( are they able to give you much for the anaemia?
    Its horrible I'm prone to it myself although only mild and thankfully it hasn't been an issue during pregnancy as I just can not take any form of iron at all which doesn't help!

How far along are you now? Oh best of luck with the 3D scan they're absolutely amazing!!! Hopefully it'll perk your spirits up a bit too, its hard trying to stay positive when you're feeling so poorly.

My best friend is pregnant at the moment too, she's been signed off work and on complete bed rest since 8 weeks :eek: poor girl is getting serious cabin fever stuck in doors all day!
    I cant take iron either, which is very fustrating, I also have small stomach capacity due to an oesophagectomy so it gets akward eating but I have the most wonferful husband in the world and that makes all the difference...he knows that I like the reasurance of him saying that baby is OK when I wake up at night though we both love that he can feel him kick when I am hugging him and he can feel his heartbeat when he is hugging me.

The scan was wonderful, he has the best features of the two of us.

That's brilliant having the support Cathy, it must make all the difference in the world.
    Its lovely when baby starts kicking so much that your partner can feel it to. My hubbie still finds it funny when he's awoken by a kick in the back from babs when I'm cuddled into him!

Was the scan very clear? did it take long to get a clear view of baby?
    I was talking to a girl yesterday that had to go back 3 times before they got pics of baby as baby was facing the wrong direction the first two times and wouldn't co-operate by moving forward!
    Its amazing being able to see the features so clear and being able to pick out features from you both on baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

My daughter arrived on the 9th Jan weighing 8lb 5oz. we called her Saoirse Maria. Shes gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 turbochick

Congrats Lolli, thats a beautiful name :) x

Congratulations Lolli! That's fantastic, how are you feeling now? and how is little Saoirse Maria doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats lolli! Beautiful name!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

@ Lucy2010, did you do a test today or are you going to give it a few days? I hope you get the result you want. Are you feeling any better today or still ropey?

@ Turbochick, what are your parents like normally? they might be really happy for you, especially when they see how much support you have from your other half as well.

I had my Ante Natal class today it was really interesting. I'm raring to go now! :D

Hey Caprillicious

So so nausaus.. A king crisp turned me !
    Ds was 8 yesterday so had 28 kids for party. Ah was such good fun but the sniff of a king crisp on Friday turned me& as soon as I cansmell it in my head im off... Dpending on whether I have a 28 day or 26 day I can test tomorrow. Think im afraid to TBH.
    I remember on 1st i did the antiatal classes - been so long now I'd need a recap lol.

ebmma wrote: »
    I'm 34 weeks and my parents still don't know :D

Funny - Only prob I would have is mum would see my file 5 minutes after i left the doctors......

• Advertisement

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Am update on me: last week was the week that we lost our baby at 9.5 weeks last year (we lost another 4 but they were younger later in the year) so was very upset...we love our son but you never forget the ones that you have lost. Am sick and tired of being in bed most of the day but until someone sorts the anemia I am stuck...was out with dad and mum yesterday but Shane took the back roads home and I ended up fainting 3 times at least and puking my guts up.

On Thursday for good measure Shane had another suspected blood clot and I had my first bad Braxton Hicks, I thought that I was in labour...

On a lighter note we are finally having our 3d scan today...sorry I sort of needed to rant but also update as we have been quiet.

Cathy - you poor poor thing... How long more are you bed bound ? & poor Shane ..

turbochick wrote: »
    sorry caprilicious only saw your reply there, i am very close to my parents, especially my dad.. mind you, apart from my boyfriend being as sweet and as lovely as can be, my dad always finds a fault in any boyfriend ive ever had, just because like most dads can be, he will never totally see a mr.right for me, maybe its part of being his first daughter, hes not like that with my sister whos 20 months younger than me! so he will go mad at me, and then start slagging and slating my boyfriend in areas that are unneccesary which i am dreading to hear.. and then the last thing he will say is.. ''i dont want him at our house again.. i dont wanna see him again'' or something scary like that... hahaha im trying not to think about that freaky bit, mmm just eating a bowl of fruit with natural yogurt now, lovely :) X

Hey Turbo

My dad is the extreeme believe me - From dad I got married my dad refused to acknowlege him or speak to him - He say it as someone taking his baby away.. ( Hes a freak , believe me) Then when we seperated if I said black he said white, now its every time he refuses to take kids etc its oh well maybe he was working.. I told ya total nut !
    Just on your nightmare - I had one last night I got locked into a Mcflurry machine & someone threw kings crisps in on top of me... King crisps turned my stomach the last few days.... me thinks I had too much cheese before bed time lol

Anyway good luck at doc tomo - it will all be fine...... & PS ill have that full makeover anytime lol

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Ok question!! GP answered this for me today, but it was doctory and still made no sense to me. (babs is healthy and head down now!)

Holles Street has given me a due date of 12th March, however they tell me I am 33 weeks pregnant (going on 34 on friday) and that I measure perfectly for that time. But that would make me 40 weeks on the 5th/6th of march!
    Doctor said i was because the EDD is calculated by my last period. But we can't tell when that was as I came off the pill a few months previously and my periods were really irregular.
    So how do you calculate?? I can't not think of myself in weeks as that's important and they always ask. But how can i think ofmy due date as the 12th if i need to remember my weeks? If baby doesnt come early and is late, this is just going ot make it so bloody depressing.
    Was it the same for anyone else? Maybe im just thick for beign so confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

smccarrick wrote: »
    Lol......
    I haven't had as good a laugh in a while!

well, we don't get along, so I haven't actually seen them since I got pregnant. I'm not planning to see them anytime soon (it's just too stressful) even though I do feel a bit guilty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ebmma wrote: »
    well, we don't get along, so I haven't actually seen them since I got pregnant. I'm not planning to see them anytime soon (it's just too stressful) even though I do feel a bit guilty.

Its entirely your call- at this stage whatever causes least stress for you is what you should do.......

Don't feel guilty though- just think of whats best for you, and whats best for baby.

If you are feeling concillatory down the road- you could drop them a card or something- perhaps a grandchild might be the icebreaker that mends broken bridges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

smccarrick wrote: »
    Its entirely your call- at this stage whatever causes least stress for you is what you should do.......

Don't feel guilty though- just think of whats best for you, and whats best for baby.

If you are feeling concillatory down the road- you could drop them a card or something- perhaps a grandchild might be the icebreaker that mends broken bridges?

I'm sure it'll all work out somehow. The only thing I know for sure is that I can't deal with it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Congratulations Lolli! That's fantastic, how are you feeling now? and how is little Saoirse Maria doing?

Saoirse is doing great, Shes a very happy baby only cries when she wants a bottle.

I had a 3rd degree tear so I had LOADS of stitches so i'm still quite sore but sure i'll get over that :D

Hey all

Joining the ranks - a very faint positive at the doctors today.. Some kidney infection that was eh.....:D

Congrats Lucy2010! :D:pac::D

Congrats lucy 2010!!

When is your EDD??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Congrats lucy i'm due sept too. hears to a save and healthy 9 months!

Congrats lucy 2010!!

When is your EDD??

Thanks Adrieanne - 28th please God.. Very Very Very early days.....But I have yet to get a pregnancy to go past 34 weeks so could be anytime between July & then.. But there is a first time for everything including the conception itself ..lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congrats Lucy and your husband! How's he getting his head around it all?

Just back from my hospital appointment now. So I have my induction date all not going to plan! Feb 8th.

Got the doctor I like today (2 weeks ago the guy didn't even have a chair and wanted me out fast) so asked for a sweep. Yep it was uncomfortable but quick thank flip. Will have another next Thursday if there's nothing between now and then.

So little man, whenever you're ready!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Ohhh Das its nearly time:)
    Are you excited?Nervous?

Im week 17 today:DJebus that flew..Even thoug i know im a long way off it still went fast lol

How many have found out what yer having?I want to find out but everyone says "Aww wait until the day and itl be a suprise now" to be honest there will be enough"Suprises" that day and im a real freak when it comes to having things organised so id like to have everything ready lol

Sorry im a bit hyper today ..First day in along time ive been feeling myself again :D:D:D

Oh and whats a sweep??:rolleyes:

Swizzles wrote: »
    Ohhh Das its nearly time:)
    Are you excited?Nervous?

Im week 17 today:DJebus that flew..Even thoug i know im a long way off it still went fast lol

How many have found out what yer having?I want to find out but everyone says "Aww wait until the day and itl be a suprise now" to be honest there will be enough"Suprises" that day and im a real freak when it comes to having things organised so id like to have everything ready lol

Sorry im a bit hyper today ..First day in along time ive been feeling myself again :D:D:D

Oh and whats a sweep??:rolleyes:

I found out the sex, mainly because I wanted to avoid "it" and be able to visualise the baby more because I was feeling pretty detached from the whole thing. I got mostly gender neutral stuff anyway as we plan to have more, I did get a blue Moses basket though as it was a fraction of the price!

A sweep is done when you're overdue to encourage labour and avoid chemical induction. Basically doc sweeps a gloved finger around the inside of the cervix detaching the amniotic sack from it. This releases a chemical in your body that can signal labour to start. He told me he'd do one next week and was surprised I wanted one now as people usually hate having them. I feel like a sack of potatoes right now LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Well thats my thinking aswell ..Surely it creates more of a bond if you can look imagine your lil un ..
    So im defo going to find out ..March the 1st fingers crossed :)

Oh the sweep doesnt sound that sore ..More uncomfortable id imagine..lol everyone woman whos ever had one done is now laughing saying this girl has no idea what shes in for ha

Swizzles wrote: »
    Well thats my thinking aswell ..Surely it creates more of a bond if you can look imagine your lil un ..
    So im defo going to find out ..March the 1st fingers crossed :)

Oh the sweep doesnt sound that sore ..More uncomfortable id imagine..lol everyone woman whos ever had one done is now laughing saying this girl has no idea what shes in for ha

It is sore, but short. Having period type pains now as well. It's well worth it though to avoid having to be induced, so hopefully.

Apparently some people say if it is uncomfortable and not sore then it should work! Period type cramps would be normal too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lady Venus

Hey all!

Sorry for cutting in on yer converstation, but i'v a question to ask. We are trying for our second baby but my first one was born in 2007 n i didnt no i was pregant til 6 mths. I no crazy but we really want another one and this is all kinda new to me. we had a wild nite last weekend and i think n hope tat i mite be pregant however my period aint due til mid wk next week. just wondering when can i take a test. i'm all excited and sick as well as wishing that i am. I cant wait til next week. What advise would you all give me. I have like a tickly feeling in my stomach but i dont no is it from worrying or is it jst excitement tat i mite.

Advertisement