Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Apparently some people say if it is uncomfortable and not sore then it should work! Period type cramps would be normal too

Well I'm having the pains 5 mins apart now lasting 40 seconds. :eek:

It doesn't seem sore enough to be labour though. Dunno.

There's definitely a rise and fall in the intensity too as it comes on.

Going to get in the bath. Will keep you guys updated (iPhones rock!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Here is a picture of Saoirse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

lolli wrote: »
    Here is a picture of Saoirse :)

She's absolutley gorgeous lolli huge eyes!! congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Saoirse is gorgeous!

Das Kitty, wohoo baby may be coming!!!!

Did you download the contraction counter app on your iPhone?

Yep, midwife thinks this is it. Getting more and more intense now. Going to hit the road in the next hour. Hopefully not false labour!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Yep, midwife thinks this is it. Getting more and more intense now. Going to hit the road in the next hour. Hopefully not false labour!!

Best of good luck to you- we're all thinking of you and baby!

Best of luck.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Hugs, wishing you and your new son all the best as he enters the world.

Are you looking for an impromptu home birth like Khannie's missus? Don't think your husband will take very kindly to that! Get to the hospital missy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Best of luck Das Kitty!!! I hope all goes well!!!

Lolli she is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!congratulations Saoirse is beautiful!

Awwww feeling sooo broody now. Hurry up and arrive already babs!

• Advertisement

Just a wee update. Went in at 10 last night and my contractions were all over the place but strong. My cervix hadn't progressed at all since morning though! Feck. So decided to come home and try some sleep (dosing between the pains). Still at home now still the same deal. Baby is grand moving about contractions are painful but counting deep breaths is helping a lot. Gonna eat some porridge now for energy then going to start walking round the house in the hopes it will encourage him down.

Was reading advice about early labour and it says to distract yourself but really the pains are stopping me in my tracks!

Anyway, this could go on another while so don't worry, I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Just a wee update. Went in at 10 last night and my contractions were all over the place but strong. My cervix hadn't progressed at all since morning though! Feck. So decided to come home and try some sleep (dosing between the pains). Still at home now still the same deal. Baby is grand moving about contractions are painful but counting deep breaths is helping a lot. Gonna eat some porridge now for energy then going to start walking round the house in the hopes it will encourage him down.

Was reading advice about early labour and it says to distract yourself but really the pains are stopping me in my tracks!

Anyway, this could go on another while so don't worry, I'm not.

don't sweat it kitty almost the same happened me except my pains stopped :( and it was 3 days before baba arrived!! HE'S STILL LAZY sleeping all night though so i'm not complaining:D
    best of luck you're nearly there!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

am thinking of you Das Kitty!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Best of luck Das Kitty :D. How exciting!

I'm determined this time around, all going well to spend as much time at home as I can once contractions start. From reading my pregnancy books last time, I imagined I'd be able to wander around the house and garden, maybe do a bit of baking, walk the dogs, even head to the shops but I just found it all way too painful!

I went to the hospital and was sent home but I remember saying to the midwife that if the pain got much worse I didn't know how I was going to cope. She looked at me funny and laughed and now I know why as little did I know just how much worse it would get :D At least this around I'll have some idea how to gauge the pain and will hopefully be able to cope longer at home.

Hopefully things are moving along for you now!

Because I'm doing VBAC they'll want me in asap to monitor me and they're also going to try and keep me hooked up to trace machine all the time, which I really don't want. Gonna have a chat with consultant next week about constant monitoring as I want to be able to walk around during labour to help with pains. I really feel the epidural slowed me down the last time and led to the c section also. Not gonna be a martyr or anything but I'm gonna go as long as possible without it. Gonna order a TENS machine online tomorrow. :)

Baby no longer has too much fluid, relieved...he is not going to be a big baby, current guess is 6-7 lb and he may be 4 weeks early but as long as he is ok...dad and i tired as not sleeping well and anemia not sorted...will try oby again.

That's good to hear Cathy, Addison was 6lbs and she was born at term so that's not small at all! Once you get yourself to 37 weeks all will be fine, baby is considered term then, won't even need to go to neonatal care if it's above 6lbs and there is nothing wrong!

3 weeks and counting for me *scared*

Cath thats brilliant that baby's fluid is ok now, it must be such a relief!

Das Kitty, hope all is going well and babs will arrive before the weekend is out :)

I was getting all excited/nervous last night as I had bit of a bleed and thought it might be a show, came to nothing though so still another 3 + weeks to go, can't wait!!

Cathy and Shane, have you picked a name yet ;)

Cathy and Shane, have you picked a name yet ;)
    We have one name but we got another book of names...another few names have come up but we realised that they were not suitable...we have had several nicknames for him along the way and that will be reflected in the way his room will be decorated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Best of luck Das Kitty!!

Cathy -- am so delightedto hear the news!!:)

Well no baby yet. Went through 24 hours of false labour and am currently in early labour. Contractions have evened out and my waters have gone. Could be today! Full moon baby. Feeling much better in the hospital so I don't have to be wondering what's going on. Much more relaxed than I was at home. Also excellent 3G coverage :p

Cathy - delighted about the fluid, thought it was par for the course in diabetics to have some extra.

Well no baby yet. Went through 24 hours of false labour and am currently in early labour. Contractions have evened out and my waters have gone. Could be today! Full moon baby. Feeling much better in the hospital so I don't have to be wondering what's going on. Much more relaxed than I was at home. Also excellent 3G coverage :p

Cathy - delighted about the fluid, thought it was par for the course in diabetics to have some extra.
    So baby is finally coming, that is great, good luck.

Most of the diabetic mums dont have it...the car sickness is not funny any more, get near a car and i puke and faint...hospital not worried.

Is it possible that it's psychological at this stage also? If you're puking and fainting before even getting into the car maybe it's the anticipation of knowing you are going to get sick that is making you faint?

I <3 buying baby clothes.

My mother hates my choice of baby name... :( I didn't tell her the one I have chosen yet (and won't say it here cos my little bro and sis stalk boards and might see it haha!), but I gave her a list and she like none of them :(

My mother hates my choice of baby name... :( I didn't tell her the one I have chosen yet (and won't say it here cos my little bro and sis stalk boards and might see it haha!), but I gave her a list and she like none of them :(

Hopefully when she see's baby she'll change her mind and like the name :)

My hubby wasn't keen on the name I had chosen (Rose) but he's come around to the idea. Just as well with her due in a few weeks :D

@Das Kitty - hope all is going well!

Is it possible that it's psychological at this stage also? If you're puking and fainting before even getting into the car maybe it's the anticipation of knowing you are going to get sick that is making you faint?

I <3 buying baby clothes.

It happens less if the hubby drives really slowly and if the road is not bumpy...I start getting faint, get too warm and then puke after I come around...

We are not saying the name but it makes sense to us, must admit that some of my rellis in law are on line and do not want more preasure from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Hopefully when she see's baby she'll change her mind and like the name :)

My hubby wasn't keen on the name I had chosen (Rose) but he's come around to the idea. Just as well with her due in a few weeks :D

@Das Kitty - hope all is going well!

Rose is in my top 3! I think it's gorgeous.

Das Kitty good luck!!

Just going to post a little piccy of James while I get the chance. Thanks for all the chat and support during the pregnancy ladies (and gents)

xxx

IMG_0209.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hes gorgeous!
    Congrats Das Kitty!

• Advertisement

He is beautiful! Another little boy to add to the count, there was only one little boy at the meet up yesterday!

Advertisement