Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

saoirse has been in hospital with meningitis the past week. She'll be in for a long time. never been as stressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

lolli wrote: »
    saoirse has been in hospital with meningitis the past week. She'll be in for a long time. never been as stressed

Thinking of you and Saoirse right now. Hope she recovers well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh lolli, I hope Saoirse makes a quick recovery. Thinking of you all. Xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

lolli wrote: »

I'm really sorry to hear this, I hope she gets well soon x

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Just going to post a little piccy of James while I get the chance. Thanks for all the chat and support during the pregnancy ladies (and gents)

xxx

IMG_0209.jpg

Das Kitty he is absolutely beautiful, congratulations! I hope you're well on the mend now after the labour, he looks like he was well worth it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Das Kitty...he's gorgeous!!

I have discovered the best pregnancy snack ever!! It's seriously given me energy when I needed it. Banana on Ryvita crackers....I kid you not...power snack!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Das Kitty hes so cute congrats you oughta be proud as punch:)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Das Kitty he is adorable!

Lolli you poor thing!

How is everyone else doing? Haven't been on much. Being kept busy here with the small man... not so small anymore! Boy they grow fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

38 weeks now...OH started to pack the hospital bag for me and the baby. Nesting still haven't kicked in. I'm extra lazy instead.
    3 college assignments to do before 23rd of April as well...
    I wonder if it'll happen :D

My nesting hasn't kicked in either :p I'm 39 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

My nesting hasn't kicked in either :p I'm 39 weeks!

I think my husband will have to do the nesting for me :D bags are nearly packed and I haven't had to lift a finger.

Have any of you experenced back pain quite early(Like 19 weeks)
    I have pain in my lower back on the right side but thats the side i sleep on so unless thats causing it ..Its making me waddle to one side :o

Aswell im getting like weird "heavy" pressure the odd time when i stand up from sitting.Could that just be movement??:rolleyes:

Oh the confusion of it all..I feel like an old lady at the mo..Waddleing ,whinging, and sore bones ...And im only half way there lol :o

Oh and i have my 20 week appointment tomorrow..
    What should i expect??:)

Swizzles wrote: »
    Have any of you experenced back pain quite early(Like 19 weeks)
    I have pain in my lower back on the right side but thats the side i sleep on so unless thats causing it ..o

I had that at about the 20 week mark too, I found the maternity pillows great to help me sleep at night (couldn't sleep without it!)
    I got one of the big sausage shape ones that take up most of the bed, they're so comfy :)

Best of luck with your appointment tomorrow, from what I remember of the 20 week one it was more of the same, pee in cup, have blood pressure taken then either heart beat monitor or scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Bubbles09

Hi all can I join in? I'm 14 weeks pregnant on my 3rd babydue in aug 18th I already have a 6 yr old girl and a 14 month old boy I had leukaemia during my last pregnancy and this pregnancy was a shock looking forward to this baby now just hoping all goes well..

Congrats Bubbles09 :) Hopefully you'll have a much easier pregnancy this time around

Thanks for the info Cap ..Everything went well ..Saw the baby on the scan again and the only minor thing the said was i had a low placenta but thats grand :)
    Have a SCOPE scan on the 1st of March and that will be way more detailed ..20 week as like head arms legs ya were done :eek:

Bubbles welcome and best of luck with this pregnancy :)

Have a SCOPE scan on the 1st of March and that will be way more detailed ..20 week as like head arms legs ya were done :eek:)

Whats a scope scan swizzles? I never heard of one of those :confused:

That's great that your scan went well :)

Thanks Cap
    Its a thingy that helps the cause of pre eclampsia and pre term babies it asses me through my pregnancy (3 extra hospital visits and an extra scan ) and they use my info if any of the above happens ..If not then im useless to them :)
    I dont mnd though ..Im helping others and getting extra care myself so i think everyones winning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We have another scan tomorrow, am 31 weeks at this stage but they are being extra careful as the pregnancy is very high risk and I am having severe difficulties maintaining, let alone gaining weight (I lost weight the last time and am at least 7 lb under what I should be at this stage)...

Just hope that he is OK...

• Advertisement

Dont worry Cathy their fighters :)
    And at 31 weeks your visits will get more frequent so they will monitor you closely..Best of luck at the scan

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AGrownUpTheySay

Hi all! Can I join in too - nearly 15 weeks pregnant with my second. My first - a little girl - will be coming up to 2 and a half when this one is born, all going well!

I had a private first trimester screenign scan 'cause my booking in and scan isn't til APril when I will be about 22 weeks!

Swizzles - can I ask more about the SCOPE scan - I have a friend who is hoping to have a second child but had PET with her first and was extremely ill. Is it a research study or something? I'd love to pass her the details if it might be of use to her..and the study!

AGUTS

Thanks for the explanation Swizzles, I'm fascinated with all the technology involved with pregnancy and I hadn't heard of a scope scan.
    It sounds like it really is win win, at least you get the extra reassurance of additional hospital visits/scans.

Cathy - I hope all went well with your scan today, not long to go now :)

Congrats and welcome Agrownuptheysay :D It's mad the delay for scan's isn't it? I suppose I wasn't too bad I was seen to at 17 weeks but only after several letters/calls to the hospital. I ended up going for a private early scan myself as wasn't 100% sure of due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Sorry, have been sleeping for the most part this afternoon after Shane made me a fry...baby is fine, sort of...have an underactive thyroid and they are suposed to let me know if I need more meds, they had the results 4 weeks ago but they are only upping it now...there is a high risk as a result of baby being born early...baby looks like he may only be a 6lb er...sorry, you know the way you worry about them...the gynae was giving out to me for not taking iron, was too worried about Shane who has been very ill...

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Sorry, have been sleeping for the most part this afternoon after Shane made me a fry...baby is fine, sort of...have an underactive thyroid and they are suposed to let me know if I need more meds, they had the results 4 weeks ago but they are only upping it now...there is a high risk as a result of baby being born early...baby looks like he may only be a 6lb er...sorry, you know the way you worry about them...the gynae was giving out to me for not taking iron, was too worried about Shane who has been very ill...

Aoife, Addison was 6lb when she was born and you seen what she's like now at the meet up. You have absolutely nothing to worry about hun. Easy for me to say though! Just keep resting and cooking that baby for as long as possible. Hope Shane is feeling better.

Hey AGUTS
    As far as i know its only available to first time mothers..Its not to prevent it as such but more so to help see if they can find out the triggers to help women in future with this..I dont think theres a designated website to it so theres no info readily available ..I do have it in my folder though (Which i dont have with me )But ill check and let you know:)

Cathy
    Glad everything is going well...6lb is not a small baby so i wouldnt worry bout that at all ..:)

Cap and Adrieanne and Hacked not long to go now ..Must be getting excited :D

Hey AGUTS
    As far as i know its only available to first time mothers..Its not to prevent it as such but more so to help see if they can find out the triggers to help women in future with this..I dont think theres a designated website to it so theres no info readily available ..I do have it in my folder though (Which i dont have with me )But ill check and let you know:)

Cathy
    Glad everything is going well...6lb is not a small baby so i wouldnt worry bout that at all ..:)

Cap and Adrieanne and Hacked not long to go now ..Must be getting excited :D

Think I'll be ending up with another c section to be honest, so not as exciting! Was at the hospital on Wednesday and doc was gonna do a sweep but my cervix is still tightly closed and not effacing at all like it should be with less than one week to go... Gave me my options and since I'm not going to be induced this time (previous emergency c section) my other option is a scheduled c section. Doc says that he'll check me again on Wednesday and if I'm still the same they'll book the c section but no idea for when!

Aw no way :( Only thing is though is at least this time you can be prepared for it and it wont have to be such a shock..I know thats no consolation but its something ..Hopefully though it wont come to that and when you go in Wednesday youll get the sweep..Fingers crossed:)

Adrieanne - thats a shame that its looking like a section for you, did it take long for you to recover last time?
    Has baby dropped yet?

Cathy - I hope Shane is feeling better and that you're looking after yourself.
    6lb sounds like a decent size, hopefully baby will hang on in there a little longer and not arrive too early.
    That's a nuisance that they didn't send you out the results 4 weeks ago when the got them.

Gals do you think should I be asking for an internal if I don't get offered one on my next appointment?
    I'm back in hospital Monday and at that stage I'll be 40+1, I haven't had any internal so far just ultrasound.

• Advertisement

Adrieanne - thats a shame that its looking like a section for you, did it take long for you to recover last time?
    Has baby dropped yet?

Cathy - I hope Shane is feeling better and that you're looking after yourself.
    6lb sounds like a decent size, hopefully baby will hang on in there a little longer and not arrive too early.
    That's a nuisance that they didn't send you out the results 4 weeks ago when the got them.

Gals do you think should I be asking for an internal if I don't get offered one on my next appointment?
    I'm back in hospital Monday and at that stage I'll be 40+1, I haven't had any internal so far just ultrasound.

It didn't take me too long to recover the last time it was just the long stay in the hospital (5 days) that got me last time! I felt so cabin feverish that I went to Tesco with Dave and Addison on the way home from hospital, I could hardly walk was taking baby steps but I needed to be out and about for a while!!

I'd ask for the internal, I didn't even mention it to the consultant on Wednesday and he told me to get up on the bed so he could check. If you're effacing as you should be then ask them to perform a sweep to see if you can get things moving!

Advertisement