Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Ive been watching you all update and have read about your complications but dont worry your almost there :)

Cap spreading labour dust for you :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Swizzles wrote: »
    Cap spreading labour dust for you :p:p

Thanks Swizzles :D

I hope baby does hurry up, I spent half an hour googling 'methods of promoting effacement' :rolleyes: not good!
    I'm seriously considering acupuncture or a massage if nothing else it might relax me a bit. Has anyone tried either?

My mother keeps on at me to get out walking to try bring on labour. Great idea if 1. it wasn't blowing a gale force outside and 2. I wasn't carrying an additional 2/3 stone and can't walk more than 50 yards without being exhausted. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

i want to cry. Screw techniques to induce labour....can anyone give me some techniques to prevent false labour??? I Feel something coming on slowly, and all i can do is assume it's false labour again so as not to get my hopes up.

If I go into false labour again I have to go to hospital. I keep it to myself most of the time, but the last time I went into false labour it masked itself as real labour. Contractions were so bad at the end i was on my hands and knees unabel to breathe, and there was a lot of pressure and pushing. When i told the doc this at my last appt. i got a lecture and she told me next time i have to assume its real and come in otherwise when real labour arrives i'll be delivering in my living room!! This is SO demoralising!!!!

Hacked my heart goes out to you :( I was the same last weekend, I literally could not move in the bed the contractions were so bad, but they never became regular enough for me to go to hospital, within a few hours they stopped altogether.

I know what you mean it is demoralising you don't want to get your hopes up in case its a false alarm again and at the same time you'd be worried that it could actually be the real thing this time.

Its amazing I never knew pregnancy could be so frustrating! My mum couldnt understand why I was cracking up about going over my due date as she went over two weeks on each of her pregnancies.
    But same as you I had false labour back in January so I've been on high alert since then! It can feel a bit never ending some time.

I can't really give any advice on how to stop the false labour, I tried walking it off but it didn't do a whole lot. I think the only thing you can do is (try) to keep yourself distracted so you're not focusing on the aches and pains.
    I had a really good book that I got stuck into last week, only for that I probably would've cracked up altogether when I had a full day of contractions that lead to nothing :rolleyes:

Thanks cap. How are you feeling? Was thinking of you all week hoping you weren't too uncomftorable!

Fortunately the moving is keeping me fairly occupied, unfortunately a lot of is bringing n the contractions!

I think it wouldn't be so bad if a bout of false labour didn't render me useless for 2-5 days! It's not been too bad this time, just some serious nasuea today, so im hoping that this is the start of something real, and once i move into the new place and am all settled baby will just pop out! Wishful thinking, eh? :p

• Advertisement

I'm grand thanks hacked, not uncomfortable at all just bored stupid!
    I finished my book last week and haven't been near a bookshop to get a new one yet so I've been watching an unhealthy amount of day time TV instead :rolleyes::o
    I can feel my brain rotting my degree's the more Judge Judy/How clean is your house etc that I watch :D

I'll have my fingers and toes crossed for you that the contractions are either real one's or else they'll ease off for you soon :)

They eased off!!! I am quite happy about this though. I would rather have myself moved in to the new place and properly set up before baby arrives. I don't want to be living out of boxes for the forseeable future!

Oh...save yourself some money and go down to the local charity shop. They get some very good books in, and are so much cheaper than buying them new.
    I know what you mean, it's just as well my tv broke....the AMOUNT of jeremy kyle i was starting to watch was slightly sickening. lol

As much as i want ye ladies to have the babies and be more comfortable ye best be back afterwards..Its some how gone eerily quiet here :(

Ebmma..Best of luck ..Hope your both ok..

Any news on Adrieanne??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Adrieanne had her baby on Wednesday, but its her news so I wont say any more :)

hehe wolfpaw...yeah i wasn't sure if i should say anything!! I can't wait to see pics!! I hope she managed toget home today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Woohoo... congrats adrienne!

Hacked and capri, try not to crack up! Won't be long more and you'll forget how it felt when you were pregnant :D

Swizzles wrote: »
    Its some how gone eerily quiet here :(

It has a bit, hasn't it?

Well I'm still here for the forseeable future :rolleyes: I walked for Ireland today (well as far as my fat little feet would take me which wasn't far :p ) but baby still seems very comfortable where she is!

Hacked, how are you doing? any more contractions?

wolfpawnat I seen the news on her facebook, so delighted for her!!

Thanks gowayouttadat, not doing too bad now that the end is in sight :)

Any word yet from Ebmma if she had baby/what she had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I did manage to get home today! Thank God!

Hi everyone, I gave birth to my gorgeous baby girl, Saoirse, on the 24th at 10.57am! I wasn't actually in labour when I got to hospital but was having irregular contractions and they admitted me to the ante natal ward for observation because of my previous c section. Still had the TENS machine on and it was managing the contractions for me well. Dave was sent home and at 11 pm the battery on the TENS went and I realised I forgot to pack an extra!!

Pains got noticeably worse and asked for some pain relief at 3am, midwife checked me out and I was 2cms but babies heart rate was a bit high and they wouldn't give me pethidine! Moved me to the labour ward and done a sweep on me. Was hogging the gas and air and got a bit sick from it! Dave arrived at 5am and they broke my waters and gave me the epidural.

At 9am I was 4cms and they moved me to a delivery suite and examined me again at 10am and I was 10cms but babies head was very high, epidural was starting to wear off and they wouldn't do top up so was back to relying on gas and air and howling like an animal everytime I got a contraction. At 10.30am I started pushing and babies heart rate started to slow down and doc decided to do a ventouse delivery. I suffered a 2nd degree tear but baby was delivered safely!

Baby is doing fine now, but she was gagging on my boob a lot and not getting anything at all so tried her on a bottle at 9pm the first night as she hadn't fed at all all day and she was the exact same, she wasn't taking a bottle either kept gagging. At 2pm on Thursday the midwife tried her with the bottle and called the paed. She was taken to the SCBU for the night and they washed out her tummy as it was full of mucous. She came back to me on the ward yesterday at 4pm and was feeding well. Discharged this morning! Addison loves her little sister and I missed her so much!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Congratulations and welcome home!

Congratulations Adrieanne!!!!! What a gorgeous name too Saoirse.
    Can't wait to see pics :D

How are you doing now? are you tired or how are you doing? you must be absolutely delighted that you didn't need that section in the end :)

smccarrick wrote: »
    Congratulations and welcome home!

Thank you!! Here is the little munchkin!

25823_353891094539_710989539_4725407_5358092_n.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thank you!! Here is the little munchkin!

25823_353891094539_710989539_4725407_5358092_n.jpg

Shes gorgeous.......

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! congratulations :D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well done Adrieanne! She's really lovely. Her head looks good for a ventrose birth.

Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Congrats and well done! She is beautiful, you must be delighted to be home!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If anyone is on facebook and would like to keep in touch send me a PM, going to miss this little group of girlies!

Good idea Das Kitty :) just PM'd you my fb link

How is everyone doing?
    I had another sweep today, I will not be in a hurry to get another done (male doc this time, bigger hands :eek:) but I am seriously hoping that it might work.
    I had a bit of blood a few hours after it, so unsure if this is a 'show' as such or if it is just a bit of blood from down there being stretched.

Watch this space :D

I'm really hoping it'll work, if not the only thing I'm a bit worried about is that the doc last week told me to come back this Wednesday.
    I stupidly assumed she meant that I would definitely be induced then, however after speaking to the (different) doc today he said they'll bring me in to 'assess' me - being induced is not a definite.
    So if the sweep hasn't worked or doesn't amount to labour today then it could be Thursday/Friday or even next Monday before baby is induced.

I know its only a few days in the difference but I'm so excited to FINALLY meet baby and had it fixed in my mind that by Wednesday I'd be in labour.

Adrieanne just seen your new pics on FB, Saoirse is so gorgeous love the new pics!!
    What does Addison think of her new little sister?

Thanks caprilicious :D

Addison is getting on great with her little sister. Keeps peeking into the moses basket at her and telling people "shhh" when she's asleep! She gave her a proper kiss today and everything :D

She has taken such a stretch in the last week it's unbelievable. She doesn't look like a baby anymore she looks like a toddler!

I'm sending labour vibes your way! My show was more jelly like with flecks of blood than just blood on it's own though just for comparision!! Haha!

Das Kitty, PM'ing you my facebook details now, it'd be great to keep in touch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Hey all,

Said I would finally join in on the conversations even though it's still early for me! 8 weeks today with my first! Wasn't planned but still really excited! Always thought my dog would be my baby!:D Had booked my holiday to New York 2 days before we found out! Can't afford to go now but what the hell, New York will always be there!

Adrianne, congratulations she is beautiful!

Adrieanne-Saoirse is gorgeous !!Glad you didnt have to have the section :)

22 weeks tomorrow:eek:Holy bejesus !!
    Its flying by..!!

Cap-Not long more now..I know your dissappointed but think of it as 5 more full days...Thats doesnt seem that much :D

Congrats Ciara :) i wanted to go to new york this year too but sure it can wait till next year and think of all the cute lil baby bits you can buy over there then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭ChillyJilly

Hey all,

Have been looking on this thread for the past few hours psyching myself up to post!

It's very weird, and I feel like a bit of a psycho for saying it, but I really think I might be pregnant... weird thing is I'm not due period til Thursday. Hubbie and I havent been actively trying (but not discouraging either!).

Havent got any of the pre-period symptoms I usually get... no cramping at all (which is weird for me), no bloated feeling.

I have been getting headaches, which I dont normally get, I've been eating like a horse and always remain hungry... and well thats it really but I've just got this strong sense that I'm pregnant, which is really really weird, cuz I've never felt like this before.

Anyone know if it's too early to test or should I just wait til thursday? I cant stop thinking about it!

Thanks Adrienne thats a good description of it actually I found the descriptions online very vague.
    What I had yesterday was just the membranes from the sweep but I had my show this morning (the excitement!!) and see the difference alright!
    Starting to get very crampy now so fingers crossed babs might arrive of her own accord :)

That is so cute the way Addison is with Saoirse, that's brilliant that there's no jealousy.

Congrats XxXciaraxXx and welcome onboard!

Hopefully congrats also ChillyJilly, if you get one of the dearer tests like First Response they will show you 3/4 days before your period is due if you're pregnant. might be no harm trying it today/tomorrow just to put your mind at ease?

Swizzles you're half way there, you wont notice the next few weeks/months flying by ;)

adrieanne she is so beautiful!

cap -- update in moan thread. From that i am now being told to go straight in to hospital so im off now.

• Advertisement

Hacked - Just seen your post in moan thread, hope you're ok x

Advertisement