Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good luck hacked. Will be thinking of you. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Good luck hacked.

Hi girls, I'm 14 weeks tomorrow have to say last few weeks have gone by nice and quickly. Anyone just can't stand food at the moment its not that i feel sick i'm just never in the mood for food its all yuk!! as my 2 year old would say :)

All you girlies on the last leg i know how frustrsting it can be at the end i was having bad pains for 2 weeks before my lil princess arrived but honestly once your lil one arrives all that will be forgotten hang on in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Thanks Adrienne thats a good description of it actually I found the descriptions online very vague.
    What I had yesterday was just the membranes from the sweep but I had my show this morning (the excitement!!) and see the difference alright!
    Starting to get very crampy now so fingers crossed babs might arrive of her own accord :)

Cap, hope you get movement soon, you must be driven mad at this stage!

Hacked, thinking of you, hope all is ok and swelling goes down.
    Hopefully you'll either get a break from the false contractions or some real ones soon!

I've only 3.5 days of work left, and can't wait to get out of there! Totally allergic, though god knows what I'll do with myself when I find myself at home with nothing to do. Not too inclined towards the whole nesting thing!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkmar

Hey Guys

Just confirmed my pregnancy with Dr. Yesterday, baby no.2, my daughter is 2 this month so it's fairly fresh in my memory but still nervous, excited, scared... roughly only 8 wks preggers so I haven't told anyone except one of my sisters just yet. I'm Worried about how to tell my boss cos I'll be due in Oct and anyone who works in an accountancy office knows that its bedlam in the run up to Oct 31. Very small office so he won't replace me... need to break it gently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭ChillyJilly

An updated on yesterday, couldnt wait til I was due, so ran to nearest chemist and got a First Response test and it was negative.

I suppose I didnt really have much to go on other than a feeling. However, the dissapointment on both my side and my hubbies has meant we're now going to start trying for real.

So fingers crossed you will be seeing me in here in the coming months :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Thanks for the wellwishes guys.

Went into holles street and they admitted me to the delivery ward for monitoring. I was having regular contractions, but they weren't as painful as they had been earlier in the day. I really had gone in because of the swelling. They agreed that that was not a good sign, however all vitals were fine and baby was happy enough.
    Doctor said it could be prelabour and to keep a very close eye on the swelling and to go back to hospital if there was any change.
    Cervix not ready yet though. baby is happily still sitting up there!! Doctor knew this and still said it could be prelabour though, so we'll see how it goes! Swelling has gone down a little bit today. I'm just very tired and feel like i could sleep for ireland....unfortunately this feeling comes without sleep. :D

Sorry to see a reply from you cap!! I hope you're feeling as comftorable as is possible. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

hey, had my baby boy on 27th by emergency section. still getting over it, was crying my eyes out for days now even though he's happy and healthy and I'm recovering very well. :( everything just went pear-shaped :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ebmma wrote: »
    hey, had my baby boy on 27th by emergency section. still getting over it, was crying my eyes out for days now even though he's happy and healthy and I'm recovering very well. :( everything just went pear-shaped :(

Oh ebmma my heart goes out to you, I know exactly how you feel. Cry as much as you need, I was dehydrated from blubbing. Look after yourself and PM me if you want a chat. Xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ebmma I've been through what you've been through on my first daughter. Cry all you need to and look after yourself.

Congratulations on your baby boy.

PM me if you need to talk xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

ebmma. I was the same with my boy. Don't be ashamed to cry, between hormone slump and the shock of it all I know the feeling. He is here and he is healthy so congrats and trust me, he will make the terror and tears worth every minute. They are amazing little things that would break open the most stone of hearts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Ebmma, I'm sorry to hear you've been down hopefully within a few days the shock will go and you will see what an amazing job you've done bringing that little boy into the world!

I know how you feel, I ended up having an incredibly fast labout (70 minutes!! :eek:) it happened so fast that the Doc was still trying to put an IV into my arm for a drip pre-epidural while the midwife told me to forget epidural and start pushing.
    Baby was out in 7 pushes/no pain relief I was in complete shock for a few hours later it didn't seem real, I kept looking at her and not believing she was really mine! I actually felt really detached from everything and felt really down especially that night when I started thinking back on the day.

I had a bit of a wobbly when I got home today, I'm trying to breast feed and it is excruciatingly painful, my milk hasn't come in yet just colostrum so far and I was feeling like a failure because baby is still hungry and I'm supplementing her feeds with bottles.

I just can't stop looking at her now though she's such an amazing little creature :D

I hope you're not in too much pain since the section and that you're recouperating well.

Congrats Arkmar :)

ChillyJilly I'm sorry you didn't get the positive result you were hoping for but hopefully very soon you'll have your positive :) It was the same for us we weren't consciously trying but when my period was late in May I got really excited and was gutted when my periods arrived.

Hacked - how are you doing now? hopefully not too long for you to go now. are you all moved in to the new apartment? hope you're taking it easy now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Congrats Ebmma and Cap :)

Ebmma..Hope you start to feel better soon :)

Cap-Your labour sounds perfect to me :D As fast as anything..Im sure after hearing some horror stories of 24 hour births you soon realise it was a blessing:)

Hacked ..Your next:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Swizzles wrote: »
    Congrats Ebmma and Cap :)

Ebmma..Hope you start to feel better soon :)

Cap-Your labour sounds perfect to me :D As fast as anything..Im sure after hearing some horror stories of 24 hour births you soon realise it was a blessing:)

Hacked ..Your next:D

Congrats to all the new Mammys! I'm sure everything will fall into place soon. Those feelings are totally natural

Don't be so sure a fast labour is that great. I know someone who started getting pains at 11.30am, was at the hospital courtesy of an ambulance at 12.30pm and had her baby at 1pm but it was all so quick she ended up suffering an extremely bad tear and had to go to theatre afterwards and have an epidural to repair it :eek: She also found the whole thing frightening because of the very fact that it was so so quick

Vel wrote: »
    Don't be so sure a fast labour is that great. I know someone who started getting pains at 11.30am, was at the hospital courtesy of an ambulance at 12.30pm and had her baby at 1pm but it was all so quick she ended up suffering an extremely bad tear and had to go to theatre afterwards and have an epidural to repair it :eek: She also found the whole thing frightening because of the very fact that it was so so quick

I think that's what happened with me, it happened so fast I went into shock I kept expecting the contractions to start again or for labour to start again I just couldn't accept that it was all over and done with!!
    so glad it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We spent all day in the hospital...fell onto bump at 3am but hit against something hard...screamed and screamed...hurt ribs etc...was fainting all the time so they gave me iron finally thiugh I have to see a neuro over the fainting as the spells last a few minutes...sorry over the rant, just a horrible day but am home and baby is OK, got so scared about him

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*hugs*
    Cathy that is awful but at least you are both ok:)
    Not too long left and you will have your wonderful little son to make you smile.

Thanks, he just means so much to me...it looks like he will be a 5lber which is tiny, am trying my best but putting on weight is hard...he refused to wake up when they scanned him but is being very active since...have been refusing to let go of him or his dad since the fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

ebmma -- congratulations on your wonderful bundle of boy! I'm sorry to hear the birth was so traumatic for you, hope you are being kind to yourself now. xx

Cathy-- so sorry to hear you got such a fright! Glad to hear baby is doing well, and hoping you will be feeling a ittle more confident soon!

Cap -- yep, all moved in to the new place now! Still not unpacked, and the living room is still quite dirty, but have not been stressing about it. I've been resting for the last couple of days as this is the first chance I've had to rest! I figured the unpacking isnt important as long as i have the essentials, and i havesome wonderful friends who have offered to help me with cleaning.

I'm feeling a lot better now. Still swollen, but the swelling has gone down hugely and is no longer at a scary level! Just taking it easy and keeping an eye on symptoms like doctor said to.

Swizzles -- I hope i'm next! I promise I'll cry if any of you go before me. :p I'm hoping for sometime this week!

Hi girls,

thanks a lot for your kind words. Going to see a psychiatric nurse in Holles St. coz midwives think I am at high risk of PND.

I have to say I can't fault the staff of Holles St. Pretty much everyone was so nice to me and tried their best to help me recover, with breastfeeding, etc.
    Community midwives came to see how I'm getting on every day and doctors were nice too...
    I was in unit 10 after the section and nurses there were lovely.

I just thought I'd say that in case anyone is going to Holles St. I'm definitely going there again for a little brother or sister for my Robin when I'm ready.

Cathy, hope you and your little one are feeling better.

C
    I had a bit of a wobbly when I got home today, I'm trying to breast feed and it is excruciatingly painful, my milk hasn't come in yet just colostrum so far and I was feeling like a failure because baby is still hungry and I'm supplementing her feeds with bottles.

Hi cap,

I think the only thing that is actually going right for me is breastfeeding.
    My nipples are very sore but it seems they are trying to recover.

I was in a bit of a daze for 3 days I was in hospital and my boy was a screamer of the ward (just could do nothing to settle him), but I'm so so glad the night shift midwife was very supportive and didn't try to give him bottles.
    On the 4th day my milk came in properly and I was literally SOAKING the towels through with it. Called hospital in the middle of the night coz I was so swollen I couldn't latch him on. They told me what to do and midwives say he's a great feeder now.

I just wish my nipples will stop hurting, but it is comforting that at least I can feed him even if I couldn't give birth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Have you tried nipple shields?

Ebmma you poor thing my heart goes out to you it sounds like you had a tough time :( Its great that the hospital are being so supportive that's a major bonus :)

Cathy I'm really sorry to hear about your fall, sounds like you're also having a really tough time, hopefully baby will be with you soon and healthy x

Hacked that's fantastic that you're moved in and have plenty of support around you :)

Thaedydal - definitely going to give the nipple shields tomorrow :)

Is it insane that I want to go again? :eek:

We havnt had him yet but am trying to ensure that I am pregnancy ready for again, I know exactly how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hi All,
    Was away with no internet since Thurs eve, and I missed everything. I can't believe Cap & ebmma have both had their babies.
    Ebmma, I hope you're feeling a bit more positive now, I understand it can feel a let down, but you're going to be a great Mum!
    Cap, sorry to hear you're finding the BF hard, hope things settle shortly.
    Cathy so sorry to hear about the fall, glad to hear tho that all is well with baby, and still hanging on in there for you. As long as baby is healthy, I'm sure all will be fine.
    Hacked delighted to hear you're moved in ok. When is your due date? Have the false contractions eased since, or are you just dealing with them?

Hope everyone else is feeling ok and doing good!

Glad I'm not alone :D When I held Rose for the first time I thought I'd love another one of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

I wanted to go again when he was born, and 17 weeks later still feel the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah girls, go for it! I'm loving having two!! Especially so close in age, Addison isn't jealous of her little sister at all and Saoirse is such a good baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

My 3rd is 4 months old now and I never really craved a baby before if you know what I mean. It was kind of just 'ok lets just have one more' but since I found out I was pregnant on the 3rd I knew I wanted another. Would be insane though cos we really couldn't afford it but I have never had such a strong craving for something. Weird. Maybe its because the first 2 were close together and get on great then I had a gap of 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Now i know every baby is different and it all depends on the mothers weight/babies position etc etc but around when have others felt your babies move..
    Im 23 weeks on Wednesday and have yet to feel a kick strong enough to come through...(I have got a good thick enough bump so maybe thats why :rolleyes: lol )
    But the books are freaking me out :eek: Fetal counting or something ..:eek:
    I can only feel the kicks sometimes myself and the doc doing the scan said that it was a very active baby but others have told they should be feeling it by now ...?

Advertisement