Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Still hanging in there hacked??? :D

When I was induced I had all the pain through my back. I actually text my mom during it asking if it was normal!! I have a back condition anyway so wasn't sure if it was just something to do with that or not. My lower back was in agony with every contraction. I didn't really feel anything around the stomach.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

That's what I had hacked. Hurts like a mofo even when it's false and early labour and all they'll give you is panadol until you're 3cm. I hope you progress quickly darling,

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

hey guys -- not sure whats going on now! two very good friends have come down to help out nad bring me into hospital if needs be. We went for a long walk, and now contractions have shifted a bit and are coming more regulalry, still mostly in the back though. I just got back from the walk and have ordered a curry. Afraid to get my hopes up after all the false labour, but in reality its most likely the real deal since I've over due! Hope I won't be on for afew days now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

oh fingers crossed you get to meet your little girl soon. I hope i dont see you on here either in the next few days lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My iron is over 10 :D We could still be told that he has to come out any day but he is over 35.5 weeks now...he has apparently not decided which way up he is yet so a normal birth is still a small possibility...we will know more soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

CathyMoran wrote: »
    My iron is over 10 :D We could still be told that he has to come out any day but he is over 35.5 weeks now...he has apparently not decided which way up he is yet so a normal birth is still a small possibility...we will know more soon.

That's great :D

At least you are in some way prepared that he may appear any day now. I'll never forget having to pick my jaw up off the floor when they told me at 36 weeks I was gonna have him that weekend!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is brilliant news:) he is nearly full term now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cathy and Shane you two are an absolute inspiration and your baby has already proved he is a fighter. He has hung on in there until now, you never know, he may make it to that magical 37 weeks which is full term!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

hi all! been a long time since i got to log in here. so glad to see everything is still going strong with you and your baby cathy - very exciting times ahead for all of us - cant believe how quick the time is flying, im due in around 4 weeks myself!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

Hi girls!! I've found out that I'm pregnant for the second time. My first baby is almost one years old.
    Today I received a letter from the hospital that communicates me the date of my first visit, which will be in 17th f May, when I'll be of 3 months and a half.
    It says:"Please be aware that you will not be receiving a scan in the Ultra-Sound Dept at this appointment. You may be offered a scan in the Out-Patient Dept depending on your stage in pregnancy".

What that means? I won't get any scan at all in my pregnancy, do I? or they will schedule me another appointment for the ultra-sound scan?

Thanks for the answers!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 dexter50

Found out my wife and I are pregnant again just over 5 weeks and absolutely over the moon, we had a missed miscarriage with our first pregnancy at the beginning of December which really affected us, We are delighted but also scared what if it happens again and I know there is not alot we can do but i just so wish we could get over the first trimester just for the relief,

At the moment everything is worrying us, My wife doesn't have many pregnancy symptoms and this is getting to us cramping coming and going and slight breast tenderness but no nausea she didn't have this the last time either, when we went to the doctors they only had a feint positive on their test where our conception indicator was 2-3 weeks, we did another test a few days after and we are 3+ which reassured us a little but the doubt is still their.

We are booked in for an early scan the middle of April and are just praying that everything is good, has anyone any advice on how to remain positive and get through the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

spupazza wrote: »
    Hi girls!! I've found out that I'm pregnant for the second time. My first baby is almost one years old.
    Today I received a letter from the hospital that communicates me the date of my first visit, which will be in 17th f May, when I'll be of 3 months and a half.
    It says:"Please be aware that you will not be receiving a scan in the Ultra-Sound Dept at this appointment. You may be offered a scan in the Out-Patient Dept depending on your stage in pregnancy".

What that means? I won't get any scan at all in my pregnancy, do I? or they will schedule me another appointment for the ultra-sound scan?

Thanks for the answers!;)

First congrats :D

Secondly, you will get a scan, just not on that date, what they mean is they will arrange a scan for you for a certain week of pregnancy. e.g. you will be around 15 weeks pregnant when you get your appointment, they may arrange a scan for your 20th week, but the woman next to you is only 10 weeks pregnant on that day, and she will not be given an appointment for another 10 weeks, if that makes any sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 houseman

there is some scheme in holles st where you can get early release if you live x km from the hospital & the midwife visits you at home. I have also heard of people booking a local hotel and having the midwife visit there for a day or two after the birth.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

houseman wrote: »
    there is some scheme in holles st where you can get early release if you live x km from the hospital & the midwife visits you at home. I have also heard of people booking a local hotel and having the midwife visit there for a day or two after the birth.

It depends on where you live- the local community midwives in some areas participate in early release schemes- essentially they visit you 5-6 times over the course of the first 10 days, instead of their customary 2-3 visits.

I know North Wicklow is covered- not sure about other areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

smccarrick wrote: »
    It depends on where you live- the local community midwives in some areas participate in early release schemes- essentially they visit you 5-6 times over the course of the first 10 days, instead of their customary 2-3 visits.

I know North Wicklow is covered- not sure about other areas.

Any news on when Junior is going to arrive??? I'm all itching here for news! :p

We should know tomorrow, he is 37 weeks then...he still has not decided between breech and not but they are watching him carefully...can not wait to see him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Any news on when Junior is going to arrive??? I'm all itching here for news! :p

We are too! :)
    He's 37 weeks old today- which we've been told is officially term- and is one hell of an active little guy. He is alternating between breech and normal every couple of hours even now- I think Aoife has given up on him making his mind up. Given our car seat isn't arriving until next Friday- I'm gunning for our little one staying another week (which will also give me a chance to tidy our baby room some more). My poor little wifey is knackered- shes drinking tea here with me now- our scan this morning is at 8AM in Holles Street (aka anytime between whenever we get there and 2-3PM depending on how busy it is). I'm dying to see our little one- I'm reading up all the things I can find on how to try to get baby to establish a good night routine. If he is half as active when he comes out, as he is now- we are in for big trouble! But we don't mind......

Don't worry about the routine Shane, he'll tell you what the routine is :D

James never stopped kicking, punching and generally wiggling in the womb and he's a pretty good sleeper, strong as an ox though after all that exercise!

We'll have to arrange another meetup in a couple of months with all the babies, Dublin is only 2 hours away from me now with the new motorway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Don't worry about routine they quickly establish it themselves!
    Dearbhail never stops and has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old:)
    Hope all goes well today,I think most people on this thread have followed your pregnancy and can't wait to hear about and meet your lovely boy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

We should know tomorrow, he is 37 weeks then...he still has not decided between breech and not but they are watching him carefully...can not wait to see him.

Full term! I'm delighted for you both!

Look at the wonderful thing you and your body have just done after all you have been through in the last few years!

I'll be waiting with baited breath for your news!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

best of luck, Cathy and Shane!

i think trying to impose a routine is way more stressful.
    I was going to try, but there's no way I'm leaving him to cry for food or waking him up for no good reason!

having said that, Robin slept for 8 hours at night for the last 2 days :eek::eek:
    really hope this stays..
    he refuses to sleep in the cot now (slept there fine for the 1st couple of weeks)...but tbh I can't blame him :pac:

Signing off boards for a few days but Shane should update...having him tomorrow by c.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Yippee.... best of luck to you and shane,:D:D:D

I hope everything goes well and can't wait to see some pics of your wee one!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Best of luck Cathy, will be thinking of you. It is fantastic that you got to 37 weeks. Hope all is well. Enjoy your last night ebfore becomming a Mummy.xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Signing off boards for a few days but Shane should update...having him tomorrow by c.

Best of luck x

yaaay:) *big hugs*
    Look forward to hearing the news from Daddy Shane tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Eeeks !!!:eek:
    Aint been able to get on in while but have been watching every few days to see how your doing..Delighted hes reached full term :D
    Shane get the car seat ready :D

Hope all goes according to plan .
    Good luck xxx

Brilliant stuff Aoife!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Good luck tomorrow Cathy. We will all be thinking of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Good luck 2mo Aoife and Shane, oh its so exciting to think in a few short hours you will meet ur little man :D

Advertisement