Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I think that you can try and take things calmly but having a child is what we all want and are doing everything we can to take care of but there is only so much that we can do.
    Just thinking - I have a son who we went on a long journey to have - I would give up my life for this little person and the horrible pregnancy was nothing compared to the joy that we get from every second of his existance. Have spent the past few minutes changing his dirty nappy and while it is not nice seeing his smile and giggles and the hug that he is giving me now makes everything worth it. Having him has been the most fun that I have had in my entire life - I love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

My pregnancy symtoms have totally disapeared so am going to get it checked on Friday. I was having nausea/fatigue and was moody but that has all stoped. Upset naturally.

Hopefully cathy in another week's time they will be back with a vengence and you'll be back here moaning about how rotten you feel ;)

I was up and down like a yo-yo with sickness & tiredness here one day gone the next when it vanished for a week when i was around 11 weeks i was jumping for joy til week 13 when I spent most of my days sitting on the bathroom floor because i was so sick and so tired it was the easiest place to be :D

Will be thinking of you til Friday try not to get too stressed that won't help anyone (easier said than done I know)

Good luck & best wishes as always
    Ang

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Cathy thinking of you today hope all goes well and your little bean is more then fine x x

Thanks - baby baby fine but I was right to go in - is growing as expected. Is older now than the baby that we lost in Jan 09 (we had another 4 mis that year before we were lucky enough to have our son). The cramps are OK in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

^^ that's fantastic news Cathy. So happy for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Had my own scare this morning, went to hospital and thankfully all is ok and got to see the little flutter of the heart beating at 7 weeks!....so relieved and the hospital were great.

Winnie wrote: »
    Had my own scare this morning, went to hospital and thankfully all is ok and got to see the little flutter of the heart beating at 7 weeks!....so relieved and the hospital were great.
    You and I are expecting at eactly the same time :)

That's great news Winnie. It must be such a relief for you and your oh.

Are you OK? Take things easy and be spoiled.

Everyone is fine and OH is spoiling me rotten! Holles St looked after me well........Are you due end of June as well then Cathy?

• Advertisement

Everyone is fine and OH is spoiling me rotten! Holles St looked after me well........Are you due end of June as well then Cathy?
    Yep, am measuring that, though it disagrees with my dates - will be earlier as I am a type 1 diabetic. Holles Street a great :D

May see you there sometime!

Great news Cathy am delighted for ya! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

hopefully this'll be my last post till March - cardiac scan today and the Professor said she was 99.5% sure that the baby is perfect. No heart or bowel problems, every measurement is smack bang in the middle of the normal range, and the nuchal measurement is normal now.

So yeah! all good, thank god. Thanks a million for all the good wishes as well folks both on this thread and in PM, it was lovely to get that kind of support :)

tbh wrote: »
    hopefully this'll be my last post till March - cardiac scan today and the Professor said she was 99.5% sure that the baby is perfect. No heart or bowel problems, every measurement is smack bang in the middle of the normal range, and the nuchal measurement is normal now.

So yeah! all good, thank god. Thanks a million for all the good wishes as well folks both on this thread and in PM, it was lovely to get that kind of support :)
    That is great news. So you are having a March baby - is a great time to have a child.

We go for the nuchal scan on the 22nd hopefully...will be glad when the first trimester is over. Had a low blood sugar that did not even register this morning, having a blood sugar of 3.9 at the moment and am enjoying it.

We found out that one of daddy Shane's sisters is expecting triplets in March. Our son is also getting another cousin as one of his brother's is also expecting in March. This baby will be beautiful as the mother is from India originally (and really beautiful) and the daddy is a red head Irishman.

Hey Cathy, I am in for my first official visit on the 22nd......are you in in the morning??

Hey Cathy, I am in for my first official visit on the 22nd......are you in in the morning??
    Will check and pm you!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Will check and pm you!

Its a Monday- you're in the previous Friday the 19th. :)

smccarrick wrote: »
    Its a Monday- you're in the previous Friday the 19th. :)
    Our nuchal scan is at 8.30am on the Monday morning smartypants!

I'm in at 8am on that Monday! Not sure if we would be in different parts of hospital though.

• Advertisement

I'm in at 8am on that Monday! Not sure if we would be in different parts of hospital though.
    I am going to be crawling the walls that day in any case - best luck to you!

And to you....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Hey there. How's everyone keeping? All well i hope. We're doing grand. Have a few aches and pains now but It's all part of the growing process :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I'm still worried sick but have my scan on Wednesday and then I'll know one way or the other. I have so few symptoms, I don't know if I'm 8 or 11 weeks or anywhere in between.

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I'm still worried sick but have my scan on Wednesday and then I'll know one way or the other. I have so few symptoms, I don't know if I'm 8 or 11 weeks or anywhere in between.
    Try and relax, it is easier said than done. Not everyone has a lot of symptoms. I freaked out when they went for a day but they came back. I am feeling really ill with this one but we think that it is a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

I sincerely hope wednesday goes ok barbie - which i it will i'm sure. Some pregnancies are a little easier than others. fingers crossed x.x.

Try and relax, it is easier said than done. Not everyone has a lot of symptoms. I freaked out when they went for a day but they came back. I am feeling really ill with this one but we think that it is a girl.

Didn't I tell you that you'd be back moaning when the symptoms returned Cathy :D

delighted for you (if you know what I mean) :rolleyes:

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Didn't I tell you that you'd be back moaning when the symptoms returned Cathy :D

delighted for you (if you know what I mean) :rolleyes:
    I dont mind the pregnancy symptoms but I do have a bad cold - it is great to be feeling so bad from the pregnancy symptoms though :D Thanks. Ginger biscuits are my best friend at the moment - I love decaf coffee but it makes me feel ill at the moment and my tastes in food change every day - am lucky that my husband is so understanding. I am enjoying it though.

I was at the hospital this morning and we could see on the scan that babs is breech. That seems to be its favourite position although it does move around quite a bit during the day. I could feel its spine at the right side of the bump yesterday so I did some massaging and he/she thanked me with an unmercifully strong kick under the ribs.

Is breech a concern at 28 weeks or does the babs have lots of time to turn?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I was at the hospital this morning and we could see on the scan that babs is breech. That seems to be its favourite position although it does move around quite a bit during the day. I could feel its spine at the right side of the bump yesterday so I did some massaging and he/she thanked me with an unmercifully strong kick under the ribs.

Is breech a concern at 28 weeks or does the babs have lots of time to turn?

It really depends- no two babies are the same. Our son could be breach up in the FAU and no longer breach by the time he reached the clinic downstairs....... They can be incredibly active little people. There isn't a standard- it really depends on the particular baby.

Advertisement