Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I was at the hospital this morning and we could see on the scan that babs is breech. That seems to be its favourite position although it does move around quite a bit during the day. I could feel its spine at the right side of the bump yesterday so I did some massaging and he/she thanked me with an unmercifully strong kick under the ribs.

Is breech a concern at 28 weeks or does the babs have lots of time to turn?
    Our son moved in the space of 15 minutes at that age to a different position so I can not imagine that it would be a problem at this stage - do discuss any concerns with your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

All mine were head down from 24 weeks, i never once felt them do a full maneuver. I did however find my lady's leg (as it was poking out)and pulled it out and moved it around a bit and as soon as i let go she tucked it back in again (out of reach).

I have heard of women who have had the baby manually moved from breach to normal position during labour, for some it worked and for some it didn't.

Don't be too concerned yet, there is plenty of time for baby to get into position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Thats parents! There is always something to worry about or to stress over.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi all i'm a first timer on this, just found out 5 weeks pregnant have to pick between Holles St or Rotunda Public any advice on which hospital has a better service and less waiting time. Thanks girls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SinOS

hi girls just found out 5 weeks pregnant have to pick a hospital and i'm going public any advice which hospital to pick rotunda or holles st, which has the better service and less waiting time any advice would be great thanks:)

Congrats!!! I've heard really good things about the Rotunda. It's supposed to be quite new and modern too compared to our other maternity hospitals. It just wasn't an option for us as the Coombe is the closest, then Holles St.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Congrats SinOS!..........I am only 8 weeks myself but I am registered with Holles St and the one time I had to use them a few weeks back I wasnt waiting long and found them very helpful, the hospital itself could do with some updating but the staff and equipment from what I seen were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Back to TTC for me again. Things didn't work out yesterday :-( But cause things didn't feel right we were prepared more this time than last. Hope to be back soon

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Back to TTC for me again. Things didn't work out yesterday :-( But cause things didn't feel right we were prepared more this time than last. Hope to be back soon
    I am sorry for your loss. Huge hugs to you.

• Advertisement

Big hugs to you, I am so sorry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sorry to hear that Barbiegirl :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Hugs & Best Wishes Barbiegirl

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

sorry barbie x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

so sorry to hear you bad news barbie, thinking of you at this really tough time x

just wondering is anyone else suffering from cramping? im 16 weeks gone and i notice in the last week when i get up after sitting down, getting up out of bed even getting off the loo i have quite a bit of cramping low down. its only for about a min or two but it stops me in my tracks! i was in the epu at 7 wks due to cramping but they said all was ok, but its back again, its my first so i dont know if its normal and anyone i know who has babies never had it......maybe im just panicking:confused:

Sorry to hear your bad news barbiegirl. Look after yourself xx

I spent 160Eur on maternity clothes, am petrifed now but my clothes are getting tight - got a heavy coat and 4 dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

So sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I spent 160Eur on maternity clothes, am petrifed now but my clothes are getting tight - got a heavy coat and 4 dresses.

I really want to get a winter coat but can't :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

very sorry to hear that barbiegirl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

anybody on here get implantation bleeding? i am due af on wednesday, i took a test on sunday because i had really sore swollen breasts and thought this could have been the month for us, the test was negative though. than last night when i went to the bathroom and when i wiped there was a bit of brightish reddish pinkish blood type thing,its hard to describe different to af, i found it strange because i had no cramps and i always get cramps when af calls! it didnt last long,kept going to the loo to check and put on a pad but it wasnt needed. had a headache last night and felt nausous and still have a bit of a headache today. i thought when i got up af would defo be here but still not there was a tiny bit of brown discharge when i wiped but im sure i only noticed it cuz i was looking for it. now i dont feel pregnant anymore to be honest, iv never been pregnant but im sure ud get a feeling if you were. any input? anybody have implantation bleeding

I had implantation bleeding and very similar to what you described, only light spotting really. I got it though about 5 days before period was due. I did a test then too that was negative but it was just because I had tested too early. Try again on the day your period is due or even the day before if you cant wait that long! I couldnt!
    Anyway, fingers crossed for you, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

thanks for your reply, i really hope so but i dont think so, iv started to get slightly crampy now and a pain in lower back and a craving for glass of coke with ice (thirsty and i never drink coke :D) probably mother nature playing tricks on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

talkin wrote: »
    thanks for your reply, i really hope so but i dont think so, iv started to get slightly crampy now and a pain in lower back and a craving for glass of coke with ice (thirsty and i never drink coke :D) probably mother nature playing tricks on me

I didn't have Implantation Bleeding, but before and after the missed period (for about 5 weeks in total) I was crampy, had lower back pain, went off food a bit and was constantly thirsty, but couldn't face alcohol. So, basically, don't rule out pregnancy just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Hi all. Glad to see everyone doing ok. Have app with consultant tomorrow and so looking forward to it. She will scan the baby and we'll see it in all it's glory on screen. I am 19 +3 and haven't felt movement yet so am looking forward to haveing my mind put at rest (ish). Not that i am overly concerned because my bump is soooooo big already. My GP would put me at least 2 if not 3 weeks further along. (Not possible though).

I have a wee question though, I received an app for my anomoly scan in the post. It's next Thursday. Should i cancell consultant until after that? It's my understanding that the radiographer or something does it in the hospital and the consultant doesn't be around for it?

Just a thought. Personally i would like to keep both app' as we'll get to see the bump two weeks in a row but is it a waste of time? (Both mine and consultants - am i being a bit selfish?):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

May79 wrote: »
    Hi all. Glad to see everyone doing ok. Have app with consultant tomorrow and so looking forward to it. She will scan the baby and we'll see it in all it's glory on screen. I am 19 +3 and haven't felt movement yet so am looking forward to haveing my mind put at rest (ish). Not that i am overly concerned because my bump is soooooo big already. My GP would put me at least 2 if not 3 weeks further along. (Not possible though).

I have a wee question though, I received an app for my anomoly scan in the post. It's next Thursday. Should i cancell consultant until after that? It's my understanding that the radiographer or something does it in the hospital and the consultant doesn't be around for it?

Just a thought. Personally i would like to keep both app' as we'll get to see the bump two weeks in a row but is it a waste of time? (Both mine and consultants - am i being a bit selfish?):(

Keep both appointments, consultant may give you a mini scan but sonographer will explain things in detail and your consultant can discuss them with you at your next appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I'm going to officially join this thread as I'm 18 weeks tomorrow - first baby from first go at ivf, so delighted. Due in April and attending Rotunda private. Pregnancy has been going very well, no sickness or nausea, a bit tired and a flabby tummy, but no bump just yet. So all good, so far.

I am getting myseld all in a tizzy at the moment.........Basically I have had spotting since Monday along with like a pulling or pulled muscle feeling on the left hand side of my uterus. I have my first visit with hospital on Monday anyway so just trying to take things easy until then, and at least bleeding hasnt got any worse but this is going to be the longest weekend ever!! I just want to know everything is ok........trying not to stress too much about it as I know it wont do anyone any good but easier said than done, it's all i can think about at the moment, just hope our little fetus is well.

Winnie would you consider ringing the epu today and going in for a checkup? There's nothing worse than waiting around and fearing the worst.

• Advertisement

I had thought about it but I had a checkup with my own GP on Wednesday and he said to just wait until Monday unless anything gets worse. And even though it's hard waiting, I may as well try wait til Monday seeing as I am actually booked in for then anyway. I'll try not to panic too much if everything stays as is.

Advertisement