Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

ok so i got the spotting on monday 15th just when i wiped. than period started 17th and ended 18th it was heavy but lasted about 21hours only which isnt normal for me,normally last about two days to three or four days but itd get lighter as the days go on. i know i coudnt be pregnant because i got the heavy flow period for one day anyways,but is this normal. last month my period was two days late as well im always on time-14or 14 n half days after ovulation cramp. i didnt think ttc would be so hard because of getting ovultion cramp,but it just doesnt seem to be happening for us. all those years on the pill and trying not to get pregnant when i came off the pill by being safe during my fertile time and now trying to get pregnant and thats not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Winnie - the hospital are great, they will not mind.

Our latest checkup was fine, nuchal and dating scan on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

That's great to hear Cathy, good luck for Tuesday.

My new maternity coat arrived - it feels warm, though will have to try it out. Got some dresses that were reduced but the size on the chest seemed small and I went a size above my normal size - then it dawned on me, my chest has grown. Baby was so cute in the quick check today, was moving and I think that I saw legs.

I have been spotting all week but rang the hospital and they said just to try and wait until my appointment on Monday morning as the scanning dept. is closed at the weekend anyway........so just have to wait and hope to god its good news on Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I think I may be nesting, at least that's the only rational explanation for scrubbing out the oven at 9am on a Saturday morning :eek:, even if it is Thanksgiving this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Went to my doc this morning for my checkup. The babs seems to have turned itself around so head is now down. In the last week I'm getting stronger kicks and I can always feel something sticking out of my tummy which is most likely a foot if its turned. I think I may have had a braxton hicks this morning. It was a sharp cramp which only lasted a few seconds. Either that or the babs is perfecting its kicking technique.

Midwife said I should be careful about my weight. OK so I've put on alot of weight but I'm 5'3 ffs, I'm vertically challenged. :( Its all belly weight as I've just gone up one size in clothes despite putting on almost 2 stone. I know my shape and I'd know if I was putting on excess weight. Then the doc had a look at me and said I was looking fantastic and I was very neat and just carrying baby weight. Why do they say these stupid things to us? Do they think we don't have enough to worry about? :mad:

Good to hear babs is doing well How Strange, I went in for my first visit this morning which I was worried about because of the week of spotting I was having but everything is going well so far and I guess I'm just one of those women who have little bleeds during their pregnancy! So far so good, fingers crossed it stays that way now!

Great news Winnie. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi, Im new to all this and have never posted before but spent hours here reading over last 2 nights...

had 4 positive tests last wk & due to irregular cycles we had no idea how far along we were ( might be as far as 11 wks)... Doc suggested a Dating scan which we had today and they think around 5wks. There was very little to see and basically only a little black blob and what they thought was a 'yoke'... has anyone else had a scan at 5wks? Is this normal? They said come back to the EPU in 2/3wks time to get a better scan...

Im a little perplexed as I thought they would say for definate how far along I am and also that I might see a little more than a black little blob...

I hope everything is ok...

sorry for babbling... just mystified. confused.gif

Would love to hear from others who may have had a scan at 5wk....

• Advertisement

I have had scans that early with my pregnancies as I am considered very high risk - you really do not see much at that stage, you described it better than me. I know that the wait is tough but it does confirm that you are pregnant. Best wishes to you.

With me - I had the nuchal today, well it did not happen as baby was too young by dates but at least we have an accurate date - was lovely to see the little hands and feet moving a lot like big brother - lovely :D

Thanks Cathy, Glad to hear its normal! Im just sooooo excited but a little afraid to get toooo excited.... 1st pregnancy so fingers xd! (pcos)

My first scan was at 7 wks and all I seen was the yolk sac and then this tiny little grey blob behind it, not much to see at that stage im afraid. But congrats! It's my first too so everything is a worry!

Quins5 wrote: »
    Thanks Cathy, Glad to hear its normal! Im just sooooo excited but a little afraid to get toooo excited.... 1st pregnancy so fingers xd! (pcos)
    I remember that exact feeling Quins5 and unfortunately you're playing the waiting game now until 12 weeks but fingers crossed that everything goes well for you.

At 5wks the scans can't really detect much and if you were going for a private early scan they'd recommend you wait until minimum 8wks to make sure they can detect the heartbeat.

Hi Winnie, Congrats to you too, how far along are you? Hope all is going well :-)

Thanks 'Strange too! I love that I can ask questions seeing as no one else knows except my hubbie and Im bursting to talk about it!!!

Hi Quins5.......I am 10 weeks gone today, cant wait for next 2 or 3 weeks to get over the most worrying part, although that probably wont stop me! I know how you feel about bursting to talk about it as we are the same, although my close family knows which does help.

Winnie wrote: »
    Hi Quins5.......I am 10 weeks gone today, cant wait for next 2 or 3 weeks to get over the most worrying part, although that probably wont stop me! I know how you feel about bursting to talk about it as we are the same, although my close family knows which does help.
    I was 10 weeks on Tuesday so not far ahead of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Congrats Cathy! This will be two close together for you right? I had my last about the same time as you I think. He is 13 months now and I'm due again in 2 weeks. Had my first two close together too and I think it's brilliant for them. They entertain each other and are never bored. Hope all goes well for you.

Here's to us getting through the next few weeks then! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

foxy06 wrote: »
    Congrats Cathy! This will be two close together for you right? I had my last about the same time as you I think. He is 13 months now and I'm due again in 2 weeks. Had my first two close together too and I think it's brilliant for them. They entertain each other and are never bored. Hope all goes well for you.

WOW, that is really close together,would you recommend it? Are there any health down sides to doing this?

So your 13 month old was 3 months when you got preg on the one that's due in 2 weeks. (best of luck by the way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Hi Quins5, try not to worry. i too have PCOS. I had to have assistance when trying to conceive and was on Clomid. Now 20 weeks and i have to admit spent the entire last 5 months worrying! I had 20 week scan today and everything is perfect :D:D:D:D:D I can't tell you how happy we are and how happy you will be. It's very hard but try to just get on with nurturing the baby, rest, eat well, all of those things and you will do great. x.

Congrats May79 delighted to hear it!
    I was due to start fertility treatment next week and was due to have bloods/hormones before the appointment ie day 1-4 and day 21 of cycle etc and was waiting and waiting so decided Id do a test for the craic.....you've no idea the shock and giggle I had when I saw the line!!!

Cautiously super excited is how I would describe myself at the mo..... Hav another scan on dec 9th with EPC...should be about 8 wks then....

Winnie when did u tell your family?
    anyone else told people yet?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    WOW, that is really close together,would you recommend it? Are there any health down sides to doing this?

So your 13 month old was 3 months when you got preg on the one that's due in 2 weeks. (best of luck by the way)

There's 14 months between my two and I would totally recommend it. The older one is so gentle with her sister, she kisses and hugs her non stop, shares all her toys, gives her lots of goodnight kisses. She was never jealous of her because she was a bit too young to understand jealousy.

The baby is a dream! She slept through from about 10 weeks, isn't fussy at all and smiles anytime she see's her big sister.

I loved it, I was a bit apprehensive at the start but if I could do it all over again I would (although no more kids for me!).

There were no health implications, I had an emergency c section on number 1 and had a natural on number 2, no complications. I was tired coming towards the end, but I was a lot bigger than on number 1, so it was to be expected.

I just told my Dad and my siblings the day I went to the Doc to confirm the pregnancy which was when I was about 5 wks gone. Couldnt keep it from them, we are all close..

Congrats May79 delighted to hear it!
    I was due to start fertility treatment next week and was due to have bloods/hormones before the appointment ie day 1-4 and day 21 of cycle etc and was waiting and waiting so decided Id do a test for the craic.....you've no idea the shock and giggle I had when I saw the line!!!

Cautiously super excited is how I would describe myself at the mo..... Hav another scan on dec 9th with EPC...should be about 8 wks then....

Thanks Quinn! It is great. Truely. I didn't tell anyone apart from my sister until i was 13 weeks. My sister knew from 8 weeks as each time she came to visit i was asleep either on the couch or the bed and hubby was not allowing anyone disturb me!!! At 13 weeks we told my parents and his. And anyone else found out as we went along. i'm not sure why but i was so uptight telling anyone!!! Can't hide it now though. Have a lovely bump.

I can understand your caution. The excitement you must have felt when seeing a positive result must have been out of this world. It's great you got to avoid the fertility treatment. Onwards and outwards right :D

So is it normal enough to have no symtoms aside from sore boobs?...
    I have to keep telling myself I'm pregnant as I dont feel any different... :confused:
    Still wondering how I'm going to get away with a few xmas nites out without being found out! :-)

Cant wait to tell my mum & closest sister! We'll wait til the scan in 2wks i think tho. Does anyone know what to expect... approx 7/8wks... wil it still just be a black blob or might we hear a heart beat? I'd LOVE to be able to hear it :-)

It is so great to talk to people!

I have to keep telling myself I'm pregnant as I dont feel any different... :confused:
    Still wondering how I'm going to get away with a few xmas nites out without being found out! :-)

Cant wait to tell my mum & closest sister! We'll wait til the scan in 2wks i think tho. Does anyone know what to expect... approx 7/8wks... wil it still just be a black blob or might we hear a heart beat? I'd LOVE to be able to hear it :-)

7-8 weeks well it still does not look like much and it is hard to see the heartbeat (well it was for me but my husband and the person doing the scan saw it). 10 weeks - then it has legs and arms and is kicking about, lovely.

I could not keep it secret. My husband, daddy and mother in law knew imediatly and others guessed (me living in the bathroom and gaining weight). I did not really get bad nausea with my son but this one is having fun with mummy, though it comes and goes in waves. Oh, my chest is still not really tender (well at least I do not feel that it is), they have grown though :)

I didn't have any problems apart from the tender boobs until about 8 weeks. Then i have nausea but never actually got sick. The only other symptom i have is tiredness and it is very severe at times.

It will be lovely for you to be fit to talk to people about it. You mam and sister will be so excited.

I had a scan at 9 weeks and we could see a heart beat, little arms and legs. I don't think it is possible to hear a heart beat that early but it is possible to see it...we did... I didn't hear the babys heart until yesterday! Think all doctors/consultants are different. It was so nice to hear the wee thud thud thud off it.:o

Thanks guys! Its great to hear from u all :)

So I guessing I mightnt get away without the nausia then, maybe around 8wks!

tks!
    x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

hey quins5, congrats to you! its my first too and soooo exciting!

i had an early scan at 7.5 wks, had no idea of dates either, it was amazing to see my little tadpole, on wed i had my first proper scan and met my doc, its amazing how much it grew in 10 wks, could see so much and a good strong heartbeat fluttering away(took my breath away x), plus i could see a good long thigh bone, hopefully babs will take after my side and be tall, hubbys side are not so tall:D

its such an amazing time and its mad how we start to coo at anything and become a blubbering mess! im really sick but i must say im loving my new bigger boobs, still feel like boils but i'll be happy to keep them after the babs arrives:)

my due date is may 4th, anyone due on or around the same???!!!

Advertisement