Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I'm afraid I dont know how much the babies should weigh, I also had my scan yesterday and midwife just said all the sizes were on track and everything is where it should be.......very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Winnie wrote: »
    I'm afraid I dont know how much the babies should weigh, I also had my scan yesterday and midwife just said all the sizes were on track and everything is where it should be.......very happy!
    Am relieved that you and baby are OK. I am really tired and our little son was badly teething yesterday which was not nice to see. He is fast asleep now but the temptation to hug him is huge. We have a 3d scan booked for soon at about the same age as baby Shane was when he had one done, it was very accurate for him, I wonder if it will be accurate for her? She was kicking a few minutes ago. Bump is getting bigger...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Does anyone know how accurate the weights they give you from the scan are?
    Had a scan yesterday and 1 baby was 1.669 kg and the other was 1.639. Am 30 weeks pregnant.
    Thought they seemed very big?

I had a 32 week scan and the baby was 5lb he was born at 35 weeks weighing 7lb 5 oz (3.???kgs)

I would say the bigger the twins the better, 3lb each sounds a good weight at 30 weeks. My cousin had twins born at 35 weeks and they were 5lb each, (now 11 year olds).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Baby Paul arrived safe and very well at 5am tuesday, almost 9lbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats! And not a name you'd hear often enough anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Congratulations! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Does anyone know how accurate the weights they give you from the scan are?
    Had a scan yesterday and 1 baby was 1.669 kg and the other was 1.639. Am 30 weeks pregnant.
    Thought they seemed very big?
    hi all , im new to all of this , mammy of two , girl aged 3 , boy aged 14mths . i dont think they are very accurate just around what the weight is . told me i was having an 11lb baby on my first i was petrified, just had alot! alot! of water , but she was a wk early and was 9lb 3oz so if a had gone over prob would of been nearer 10lb, he was 10lb . your babies sound like a very good weight for 30 wks well done all going good !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

lynski wrote: »
    Baby Paul arrived safe and very well at 5am tuesday, almost 9lbs.
    congratulations to you both , enjoy it all its wonderful;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations lynski!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Congratulations Lynski!

catchery wrote: »
    hi all , im new to all of this , mammy of two , girl aged 3 , boy aged 14mths . i dont think they are very accurate just around what the weight is . told me i was having an 11lb baby on my first i was petrified, just had alot! alot! of water , but she was a wk early and was 9lb 3oz so if a had gone over prob would of been nearer 10lb, he was 10lb . your babies sound like a very good weight for 30 wks well done all going good !!:)

They do a lot of guess work, i was told i was having a average size baby and she arrived 1 week early at 9lb 1oz (54cm)and my friend was told she was having a big baby and he was 8lb 6 and 2 weeks late (he was 60cm in length though) that was 11 years ago so things should have improved by now.

They were pretty accurate with my two boys (ages 5 and 4).

They do a lot of guess work, i was told i was having a average size baby and she arrived 1 week early at 9lb 1oz (54cm)and my friend was told she was having a big baby and he was 8lb 6 and 2 weeks late (he was 60cm in length though) that was 11 years ago so things should have improved by now.

They were pretty accurate with my two boys (ages 5 and 4).

With a bit of luck they are accurate with me!
    Would be delighted if they're 3lbs already!:D
    Have to go for another check in 2 &1/2 weeks so hopefully should be able to see a big difference!

With a bit of luck they are accurate with me!
    Would be delighted if they're 3lbs already!:D
    Have to go for another check in 2 &1/2 weeks so hopefully should be able to see a big difference!

3lb aready is great, in 2 and a half weeks they could be near the 5lb mark which would be great. I bet your belly is getting big! could you imagine two 5lb babies in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats lynski!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 magalot

Not sure if i'm in the right area with this question-
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that sells maternity gym/sports wear? (running leggings,shorts,fitted tops, etc)
    Have found places online but it would be great to be able to try stuff on before buying because it seems to be quite expensive...
    Don't fancy just wearing bigger sizes of regular gear because at the moment the rest of me is still my normal size, just my stomach that's expanding!

Being bold and going by the scan at 22/23 weeks which said that she was a day ahead of an earlier scan so she is 24 weeks finally!

Son starting going to creche today - our baby son is growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Good luck today Cathy. I'll have to do it in August and I'm already dreading it even though I know he'll love it. It's his mammy who will hate leaving him! Conrats on the scan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

magalot, I know this isn't exactly what you're after but I ordered most of my maternity gym gear from target.com and walmart.com. Sizing was on the generous size but really well designed for the bump. I picked it up in store as I was visiting the US but I understand they will deliver. Prices were really good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 magalot

thanks hunnymonster- will definitely check that out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

magalot wrote: »
    thanks hunnymonster- will definitely check that out!
    did you try EBay????

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

My baby boy was born on Saturday - it was a difficult birth for all three of us but he's so ridiculously perfect that I'd do it a hundred times over. We've been at home for the last few days and life with a newborn is just lovely! It's a major love-in, and feels like the outside world doesn't exist. (Long may it last!)

Congratulations!!! :D

Huge Congrats NextSteps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

congrats. yeah that first week is so lovely! I had my mom here so i just stayed in bed as much as possible and got on with feeding the little man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

I just found out yesterday evening that i'm pregnant and couldnt be happier. My fiance and i are over the moon. we still cant believe it! :D

Could not feel my daughter kicking as much, luckily I was told by the doc that the placenta is at the front so it is not as easy for me to feel her moving. Son being in creche (gradually) has its advantages - had a 2 hour sleep in Thursday...am totally exausted at this stage but as long as she is well.

Is it normal to have days when you can feel hardly any movement at all? I know I have my placenta also at the front which would stop me feeling more but I usually feel something.....baby very very quiet today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Drink some Lucozade and lie down on your side, baby is probably just sleepy. If you still don't feel anything, don't feel that you would be a burden on your doctor or hospital, better to be reassured than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Can I come in please?????!!!!!!!:D

Advertisement