Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ah Grawns I'm so sorry to hear that. I miscarried over the weekend too. Be kind to yourself, I'm only a PM away if you need a natter xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

So sorry Grawns & Lucyfur. Hope you both are doing okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Grawns wrote: »
    I unfortunately had a miscarraige this week. Just one of those things I guess so am being philosophical - so far anyway! I kind of knew something was wrong so I wasn't surprised by the outcome.

I hope you all have happy healthy pregnancies and hope to be back again before too long.:)

I am so sorry to hear that. Take care and hugs. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Lucyfur, that's awful :(

Take good care of yourselves girls and hopefully you'll be back here again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Grawns & Lucyfur im really sorry to hear your news. * hugs *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Really sorry to hear that Grawns and Lucyfur.........Big Hugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Girls, really sorry to hear about your losses...look after yourselves.
    xx

Just in response to the hairy belly thing....I'm 26 weeks and the exact same, its really soft downy, blonde hair, very strange.
    Took out my belly button ring last night - miss it already, how stupid is that!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

First day of third trimester.........bring it on, I'm ready for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Winnie wrote: »
    First day of third trimester.........bring it on, I'm ready for ya!
    Whe does the 3rd one start - you and I are officially due at the sameish time.

I believe its at 28 weeks. But some websites differ, I am going by my What to Expect book that I have, I trust that! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Very sorry to hear your sad news Grawns and Lucyfur :(

CathyMoran and Winnie- I always thought 3rd trimester started at 26 weeks? 13 weeks/ trimester?
    Although I suppose 28 weeks would mean 14 weeks/ trimester, and 42 weeks being the end of normal pregnancy time would mean 28 weeks being the start of the third! Funny how it varies :rolleyes:

yeah i think it depends whether you count last trimester as having 40 weeks or 41/42 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Naineen wrote: »
    I saw ya in the TTC thread ;-) We're due November 24th all going well - so exciting!

Feeling better this morning, and got some ginger and lemon tea, which made a difference alright - this sickness thing is a little random though - and I could have killed my husband last night, who insisted on cooking smoked fish for dinner. Had me retching all evening from the smell...

Starting to find it difficult to hide all these symptoms at work though ;-(

Hey guys,
    my wife and I just found out that we are expecting november 26th. early days. My wife had first symptoms yesterday. She was very tired in the evening. and then this evening started to fell very queasy. She described it like that she just came off a rollercoster. I suppose this is the start of it. Cant wait. Just happy it's not me going through the symptoms.
    We are very excited and really looking forward to the journey. Best of luck to ye too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Ah Grawns I'm so sorry to hear that. I miscarried over the weekend too. Be kind to yourself, I'm only a PM away if you need a natter xxx

Thanks all for your hugs and kind wishes. Much appreciated and thanks lucyfur. Happily I'm doing great, had a d&c yesterday and feel fine today. No painkillers necessary. I knew something was up for a few weeks but they scanned and saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks but I still knew it wasn't right ( my boobs were shrinking etc.) so am relieved it's all over. Hope we are both back here again soon with a happier outcome this time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Grawns wrote: »
    Thanks all for your hugs and kind wishes. Much appreciated and thanks lucyfur. Happily I'm doing great, had a d&c yesterday and feel fine today. No painkillers necessary. I knew something was up for a few weeks but they scanned and saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks but I still knew it wasn't right ( my boobs were shrinking etc.) so am relieved it's all over. Hope we are both back here again soon with a happier outcome this time.

Hugs Grawns, really sorry that you've gone through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Had my first scan today and everything looks good. Dates are right so its sept 28th for me.. I'll add a fortnight now just to save myself the frustration :D
    I'm back again in 2 weeks cos apparently i'm old now and i'm on my 4th pregnancy which puts me in the high risk group :( damn birthdays!
    And lots of extra blood tests cos of the illness i had before christmas . . pregnancy can trigger it again so i found out .. :rolleyes: and this time there'd be no painkillers :eek:
    I'm so terrified this time . . was never too worried before, must be my age . .

Grawns and Lucyfur, i'm so sorry for your loss. But ill keep my fingers crossed that you'll both be here before too long ;)

Have a really bad cold at the moment and not feeling the best, our son is in the creche so his parents have been getting everything. Our son is 1 tomorrow and I just want to be OK for his party - he is the light in our lives - I am not up to giving him his usual 2 hour hugs and he was crying over it, I feel so bad about it. Am anemic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Hey,
    the letter is gone to the CUMH to get first appointment. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back from them to get the appointment, and at what week will herself have the appointment. Is it always week 12/13? or earlier/later? My wife is just starting week 6.
    Thanks, "PUBLIC Patient"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Grawns and Lucyfur so sorry to hear your sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Grawns and Lucyfur, so sorry to hear of your losses. Be good to yourselves, hopefully you will be back here soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Just did test last night and I am pregnant. Can't be more than about 3 weeks so very early days and trying not to get too excited but obviously it's all I can think about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

optogirl wrote: »
    Just did test last night and I am pregnant. Can't be more than about 3 weeks so very early days and trying not to get too excited but obviously it's all I can think about!

WOOHOO. Great news. Delighted for you.

Our son had a great first birthday but I eneded up in hospital from the 3rd, home again but still feeling quite sick, taking prescribed for pregnancy anti-nausea. Over 29 weeks. They scared me saying I might have to be checked for the big c again,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Our son had a great first birthday but I eneded up in hospital from the 3rd, home again but still feeling quite sick, taking prescribed for pregnancy anti-nausea. Over 29 weeks. They scared me saying I might have to be checked for the big c again,

Hope you're OK my dear.

I'm driving myself nutso with all these online calculators - one says I am about 2 1/2 wks, others say I will be 5 wks at the end of this week! (Do you count from the start of your last period, and if so, why??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

optogirl wrote: »
    I'm driving myself nutso with all these online calculators - one says I am about 2 1/2 wks, others say I will be 5 wks at the end of this week! (Do you count from the start of your last period, and if so, why??)

It's from the first day of your last period. The reason they do this is because not everybody knows what day they conceived on so it's easier to go by the last day your period started than trying to pinpoint when sperm met egg.

You count from the first day of your last period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

CathyMoran wrote: »

Hope things are ok with you hun x

cool - thanks for that. Feel better knowing it's officially a bit further along than I thought. Christ how do you keep this quiet for 12 weeks!

• Advertisement

It's tough Optogirl but the 12 weeks will pass before you know it!

Advertisement