Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Our son had a great first birthday but I eneded up in hospital from the 3rd, home again but still feeling quite sick, taking prescribed for pregnancy anti-nausea. Over 29 weeks. They scared me saying I might have to be checked for the big c again,
    Christ Cathy you really get it rough. Hope you're okay x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Ante natal classes this afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chriscochrane

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    Hey,
    the letter is gone to the CUMH to get first appointment. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back from them to get the appointment, and at what week will herself have the appointment. Is it always week 12/13? or earlier/later? My wife is just starting week 6.
    Thanks, "PUBLIC Patient"

Hi, I think it depends on what hospital you are going to ... have a look at snip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

20 weeks today!
    Half way there! :D

Another scan yesterday.....at 36 weeks (today) the baby is at 5lbs 3 but is still facing the wrong way. They're going to try and move it next tuesday and if that doesn't work it will be a section at 39 weeks. MOVE BABY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Think I should change my name to "Absolutly Terrified".... Had taken a test last Friday and got it negative but did the second in the pack on Sunday when I was still overdue. And that one was positive. We're not exactly over the moon, I'm just finishing my Masters and have a job lined up for the end of the summer that this will make difficult. And now I'm looking up prenatal care and getting even more terrified. And I'm not really sure why.

And add to all that I'm not exactly excited about my family's reaction. My dad still isn't really over the fact that I've moved in with him and we're getting married next year - addendum to that is that we're only together since last October. I'm not worried about my mothers reaction, she was happy enough about the engagement and she really likes him. (Plus, she doesn't really have a leg to stand on having been a teen mom in the 70s).

Being honest, my main fear is my sister and (almost) sister in law. My sister is dying to get engaged to her boyfriend (they've been together all through college, have been living together for the last year of it - she's 21). My (almost) sister-in-law has been with my brother for 9 years now, engaged for 7 and never a hint of a date set. Mostly because they were waiting til they were living in their own (non-rented) place. Which they moved into at Christmas. And when I announced my engagement there was a hint of something there for both of them.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't really know who to talk to at the moment.

Added to all this is the fact that his three sons (from his first marraige) are here on holidays with me minding them in the mornings while he works and I'm not really sure when I can get to a doc to confirm and get the tests and stuff done...

Another scan yesterday.....at 36 weeks (today) the baby is at 5lbs 3 but is still facing the wrong way. They're going to try and move it next tuesday and if that doesn't work it will be a section at 39 weeks. MOVE BABY!

Have you visited the 'spinning babies' website? There are lots of simple exercises on there that are supposed to help get baby into the right position and tips for simple things to do (like adjusting your chair) that can help too.
    My lad turned at 37 weeks (but never fully engaged until I was in labour) so there is still time. I used some of the exercises on the site - I don't know if they were responsible or if he would have turned anyway, but no harm in trying!
    http://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/breech-bottoms-up/305-body-work-for-breech

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

week 17 today, and i have to say in this pregnancy i don't 'feel' pregnant at all .. since the nausea went it's like i just went back to normal .. it's the weirdest thing. I have to remind myself that i'm pregnant and not do stupid things :rolleyes: i would like more sleep though..3 sick kids aswell it's great fun:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

cbyrd wrote: »
    week 17 today, and i have to say in this pregnancy i don't 'feel' pregnant at all .. since the nausea went it's like i just went back to normal .. it's the weirdest thing. I have to remind myself that i'm pregnant and not do stupid things :rolleyes: i would like more sleep though..3 sick kids aswell it's great fun:rolleyes:
    Hugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

cbyrd wrote: »

17 weeks? That's flying in...

• Advertisement

I know, it's ridiculous. I think with work and being so busy at home i just don't get time to think about it :rolleyes: And i spend a lot of time missing my dad too.. this is the first grandchild he won't have met and i spent a lot of time with him when i was pregnant with all my others . .:( ah well i suppose when i have a bump or getting the crap kicked out of me it'll be more real :D

Wondering how Squiggler is getting on and if she's had her baby by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

nicowa wrote: »
    Think I should change my name to "Absolutly Terrified".... Had taken a test last Friday and got it negative but did the second in the pack on Sunday when I was still overdue. And that one was positive. We're not exactly over the moon, I'm just finishing my Masters and have a job lined up for the end of the summer that this will make difficult. And now I'm looking up prenatal care and getting even more terrified. And I'm not really sure why.

And add to all that I'm not exactly excited about my family's reaction. My dad still isn't really over the fact that I've moved in with him and we're getting married next year - addendum to that is that we're only together since last October. I'm not worried about my mothers reaction, she was happy enough about the engagement and she really likes him. (Plus, she doesn't really have a leg to stand on having been a teen mom in the 70s).

Being honest, my main fear is my sister and (almost) sister in law. My sister is dying to get engaged to her boyfriend (they've been together all through college, have been living together for the last year of it - she's 21). My (almost) sister-in-law has been with my brother for 9 years now, engaged for 7 and never a hint of a date set. Mostly because they were waiting til they were living in their own (non-rented) place. Which they moved into at Christmas. And when I announced my engagement there was a hint of something there for both of them.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't really know who to talk to at the moment.

Added to all this is the fact that his three sons (from his first marraige) are here on holidays with me minding them in the mornings while he works and I'm not really sure when I can get to a doc to confirm and get the tests and stuff done...

Oh, Sweetie, You have a lot on your plate. Don't worry about others just yourself. Take it easy and it will all fall into place.

Ok, me again... Still haven't been able to do anything but I have time now to go see a doctor on Wednesday afternoon. I'm just wondering is it best to go to a gynae or just to go see a GP. I'm just completly confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats! Go to your gp. Be aware that your gp will most certainly sign you up to combined care when you're there as he/she will send a letter to your preferred hospital at the sane time. Just read up on combined care before and make sure you're in favour of it. I hadn't even heard of it at that stage. Basically it means you alternate between the hospital and your gp's surgery for visits but in most cases you'll see a nurse and not your gp and if you need to see your gp you'll have to wait until they're free.

Just read up on your choices so you're informed in advance. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Im in combined care and I see my GP at every visit, never see a nurse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

That's great Winnie. 9 times out of 10 seeing the nurse was fine for me but it was the odd time that she needed to get the gp and she was busy with her own appointments.

On the plus side I bring my little lad to the nurse for his vaccinations and she always asks me how I am and if different things I had during pregnancy cleared up so it's a nice continuity of
    care and she knows my son. Unfortunately my gp doesn't know either of us.

Thanks guys. You've cleared that up for me, I feel better. Just need to decide which clinic to attend now! :-D

We had our appointment today to try and move the baby (ECV)...the stubborn fecker was having none of it (and it was quite sore for mammy). It's looking like we'll be booked in next wednesday for section.

got to hear the baby's heartbeat on tuesday . . as with all my children it ducked and dived away from anything that would give mammy some peace of mind :rolleyes: .. all good so far . . i still don't have that pregnant feeling though .. weird

• Advertisement

Appointment on Tuesday morning for a C-Section.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Appointment on Tuesday morning for a C-Section.

wish you all the best with this... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hi Ladies, this is my first time posting here :) I found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant & doc confirmed it :) I am over the moon :) I'm also crapping it! I have had 2 miscarriages last one only 10 months ago... We've been trying for 20 months and got the amazing news! I have been suffering with alot of pain in my uterus & sides over the last 2 weeks particularly last week when I ended up in A&E thinking appendicitis.. I was cleared and scanned by a Gyno but the seen no cause for the pain & I didn't know I was preg at the time (hoped I was) trying to stay super positive buy still worrying.. Still have pains but not as bad a they were last week! Doc told me to keep an eye & of the pains get worse to go to the hospital cause it's a risk of ectopic pregnancy.. I really want everything to be ok...
    Has anyone else had similar experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I had multiple events (still upset over them) in close sucession before becoming pregnant with our son who is just over a year old, we hope to be giving him a sister in a few weeks. Yes, the pregnancy will be scary, I know that I am constantly scared about anthing happeneng and I do spend a lot of time in the maternity hospital (I have other serious health issues as well). The end result is bejond words though. Good luck to you and your little one.

Thanks Cathy :) does anyone have any experience with these camps? They're not server but staying at the same level if that makes sense?! They aren't all day but they are on an off all day... Trying to stay positive :) any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.. ;)

Tigeress wrote: »
    Thanks Cathy :) does anyone have any experience with these camps? They're not server but staying at the same level if that makes sense?! They aren't all day but they are on an off all day... Trying to stay positive :) any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.. ;)

Not brushing you off or anything Tigress but I'd stick with the doctor's advice on this one rather than trying to compare symptoms. With your specific history, something you are experiencing might seem similar to someone else's experience but could mean something completely different. I hope it eases up for you soon and you get well settled into your pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bobobear

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    Hey,
    the letter is gone to the CUMH to get first appointment. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back from them to get the appointment, and at what week will herself have the appointment. Is it always week 12/13? or earlier/later? My wife is just starting week 6.
    Thanks, "PUBLIC Patient"

I'm with Holles St and the first time they'll see me is at 17 weeks! If I had gone with the satellite clinic they didn't have an appointment til I'm 24 weeks, a month after the scan. If they don't get back to you soon, start ringing. I had to make my own scan appointment, if I left it til my booking appointment I'd never get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bobobear

Of, should probably introduce myself - been lurking for a while.

15 weeks now, all going well should be welcoming a little person in October! Yikes!

I was originally going to go with combined care but now I'm signed up with the community midwives. Instead of seeing the gp and consultant I'll be seeing the gp and the midwives. Apparently one of the midwives I see during the pregnancy will come into hospital with me for the birth. If all goes well they'll let me home six hours afterwards.

Does anyone have any experience with the midwives? This is my first baby so I'm a bit clueless. Is what I've been told accurate?

Hey bobobear :) I'm new myself to this chat :) I'm 5 weeks gone & hoping everything is ok! I'll be due around 27th Dec if everything goes well :)

• Advertisement

Tigeress wrote: »

Hi Tigeress, just be aware that medical advice cannot be given on this forum and if you are worried about anything please consult your medical team.

Advertisement