Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

@ liliq It's the Eurax cream for itchy skin. i was tearing my skin from scratching and it'd wake me up at night, the more i'd scratch the itchier it'd get. So doc gave me this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone i'm back. We just got a positive this morning :-) after 2 misses in the past year we are very nervous but i'm going to do my best to treat it like a new seperate pregnancy and live in hope :-)
    Good to see you here barbiegirl. Best of luck x

Welcome back Barbiegirl. . .
    Week 23 starts today. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazyginlady

week 31 starts today , i feel so disorganised though

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Best of luck barbiegirl and congrats on your bfp:-)

23+3 today, this pregnancy is flying, hardly have time to think about it!

Sooo cold, but 2 more sleeps till we head to Spain, can't wait to feel heat in my bones again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Again, it was not to be for us. We lost the baby early last week. Thank you to everyone for all the kindness over the last couple of months.

Take care

C xx

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ah Caroline I'm so so sorry. I've been following your progress here.

Much, much love to you and your partner xx

Terribly sorry to hear your news Caroline .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

So, so sorry caroline. Keep well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Really really sorry Carolinespring :-( I know it's very very hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

So sorry to hear that carolinespring. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hi all, 10W 1D today :) had my scan this morning and Doc said everything was perfect! So delighted after 2 MC.. Im due 25th Dec :) very much looking forward to my Xmas Baba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I just had to post and thank everyone for the kind words and lovely PM's. Your good wishes have blown me away. We are totally heartbroken but have a fantastic marrage and will find away for coping with this together.

This really is the end of the road for us, just can not try anymore. Even when this time was not planned I felt in my heart that it just would not work out but as time went on I started to feel hopeful and in a way almost start to relax and even allowed myself to think about names but for whatever reason, our little one could not stay and we will come to terms with that and move on with life.

I wish each and every one of you the best and will be keeping a close eye on your posts to keep up with all your news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Carolinespring - was too upset about your news to post yesterday, I am sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Having my daughter tomorrow by medically necessary c-section.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Good luck , I hope it goes well for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Good luck to you and Shane tomorrow :) will be thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Good luck cathy and shane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

You luck Cathy!
    Shane had better have a smart phone cos we will want ALL the details within minutes! :D:D
    I'm dying to know what ye are planning on calling her

Enjoy whatever time you have today with baby Shane, tomorrow you will have a new princess to play with!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Good luck tomorrow Cathy, Shane and Shane Jr:D

Will be thinking of ye in the morning xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Good luck tomorrow Cathy.

Has anybody any tips for getting over the mid afternoon slump that don't involve sugary/salty snacks? Fruit is just making me have heartburn!

Good luck!! So exciting that tomorrow you will properly meet your little girl!!!
    Eoineo wrote: »
    Has anybody any tips for getting over the mid afternoon slump that don't involve sugary/salty snacks? Fruit is just making me have heartburn!

Milk or yogurt? Or ice cream!! Reflux is killing me at the moment, along with the fact that I can no longer tell if it's warm or freezing out- I'm constantly roasted, and I can also feel a recent-ish fracture in my leg going a bit funny as well as my teeth. So ice- cream is my perfect solution! Sooths the reflux burn, cools me down, and gives me a little calcium boost!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

At the risk of stating the obvious- how about liberally taking Gaviscon to address the heartburn? They hand it out free of charge to pregnant women in the UK- not here though :(

Oh I wish, ice cream would be lovely. I've a lactose intolerance though so can only have so much dairy in a day. Just put it down to being a picky pregnant woman!

Smmccarrick I've shares in the company that make gaviscon & remegel at this rate of going. I was on Zoton before pregnancy for a form of reflux but I've had to come off it until obs decides it's okay to take.

good luck tomorrow Cathy. .. ;)
    On the mid afternoon slump, i find it's best not to eat a big meal in the middle of the day, it's helps the indigestion too if you eat small but often.. it's when you get hungry that it'll get bad.
    Also, try not to bend over too much.. for obvious reasons;) A quick 10 minute walk is great for boosting the afternoon energy levels, but if you're not getting enough rest you're going to be tired no matter what you do. There's 3 morning a week where i get a lie in and i have to say i wouldn't cope without them,
    how far along are you?

smccarrick wrote: »
    At the risk of stating the obvious- how about liberally taking Gaviscon to address the heartburn? They hand it out free of charge to pregnant women in the UK- not here though :(

Awh, I'd love that! Am just after buying another bottle!!
    Eoineo wrote: »
    Oh I wish, ice cream would be lovely. I've a lactose intolerance though so can only have so much dairy in a day. Just put it down to being a picky pregnant woman!

Smmccarrick I've shares in the company that make gaviscon & remegel at this rate of going. I was on Zoton before pregnancy for a form of reflux but I've had to come off it until obs decides it's okay to take.

Awh, my heart goes out to you! I'd be lost without ice cream :(
    I might sound crazy... but have you ever heard that apples help reflux? I know they're acidic, but my friends granny told her to eat them when she was pregnant and reflux was really getting to her. I've found they help too... and they'd help with the midday slump!!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

All the best of luck tomorrow Cathy.........Looks like I will also be booked in for c-section in 2 weeks as i have a breech baby and they say its unlikely to turn.

Yeah apples before a meal are good for reflux. Something to do with the pectin in them.

I'm 17 weeks & have a toddler so rests are few and far between.

I've just had a bag of low salt popcorn which has helped. This is the worst time of the day for me I find. I'm considering moving the main meal to about 2pm and do a reheat for the husband when he gets home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 setlikejelly

Hi ladies, I am seven weeks 1day pregnant and have no pregnancy symptoms, is this ok or normal.

• Advertisement

Hi ladies, I am seven weeks 1day pregnant and have no pregnancy symptoms, is this ok or normal.

Absolutely ok & normal. Count your lucky stars & hope it continues like that for a while!

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Advertisement