Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Sitting here waiting on some news about Cathy and her bundle.

Hope all went well hun and we are all thinking of you.

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Sitting here waiting on some news about Cathy and her bundle.

Hope all went well hun and we are all thinking of you.

xxx

I logged in to see if there was any news!:D:D

smccarrick where are you???????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Spotted in the Ladies Lounge!
    smccarrick wrote: »
    Welcome into the world Baby Helen, Catherine, Deirdre McCarrick. Born at approximately 11.15am, weight 5lbs 3ounces. Our little girl was brought to ICU initially, but after assessment was released to Unit 8 (a high dependency unit). She is in good form, and appears to love my singing Twinkle Twinkle little star to her (her big brother's favourite song). I clothed her, and fed her- all she takes is 23ml of Aptimilk (or however you spell it). She has big long fingers, and the darkest blue eyes you have ever seen. She looks so different from her brother, an absolutely gorgeous little girl.

Mum was in recovery for over 4 hours- and has been very sick all day. She only saw her for a few minutes in the delivery room, and isn't allowed move anywhere until the morning, nor is she allowed eat- she going to be on a Potassium drip overnight- I kept telling our little girl that her Mum will see her in the morning- and was in tears telling Shane Junior how much she loves him as I put him to bed a few minutes ago.

Our little one really is a lovely little girl- and appears to be very placid like her brother.

We won't be making the next Parenting Forum outing- but the following one hopefully.......

Congrats to Shane, Cathy & wee Shane, and welcome to baby Helen!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thankyou Cat- I wasn't sure whether it was ok to post here or not- and then I noticed everyone enquiring over in TLL.......

She is a gorgeous little girl- we are so proud of her.

Mommy is quite sick unfortunately- and has only seen our little girl briefly for a few minutes in the delivery room- I really hope she is able to see her in the morning (she is on a drip overnight again, not allowed eat, and not allowed go anywhere).:(

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Congrats to you both Shane, she is beautiful :) Hope mum is feeling better soon and gets the cuddles from her new little lady that she has been waiting so long for!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Congrats!! She is absolutely beautiful, thanks for the putting those pics up! Hope Mommy has a bit of a rest and recovery tonight and is feeling better in the morning, and gets to have a good cuddle with baby Helen!

Congrats again, from what I've followed you've both had an epic journey through this pregnancy, you must both be so proud of your new little girl and baby Shane's new little sister! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

smccarrick wrote: »
    Thankyou Cat- I wasn't sure whether it was ok to post here or not- and then I noticed everyone enquiring over in TLL.......

She is a gorgeous little girl- we are so proud of her.

Mommy is quite sick unfortunately- and has only seen our little girl briefly for a few minutes in the delivery room- I really hope she is able to see her in the morning (she is on a drip overnight again, not allowed eat, and not allowed go anywhere).:(

Shane

Congratulations to the three of you on the arrival of your new family member. Welcome to the world Baby Helen. ♥ She is beautiful.

Hope Mammy is feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Congrats Shane and Baby Shane and Cathy of course
    Helen is gorgeous and worth the wait :D

I hope Cathy is feeling better in the morning give her our regards and tell her we are all delighted for ye!!!!

(I logged into boards especially to check this thread how sad am I? :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

congrats, and i hope cathy is better this morning. delighted you have a healthy little girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Huge congratulations to the three of you on the birth of baby Helen, she's absolutely gorgeous.

Hopefully mammy is feeling better this morning and gets to meet her little princess properly. We're all thinking of you all x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

congrats to all the mccarrick family. Recover well Cathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Bless she is gorgeous.
    Congratulations Cathy, Shane & family. Hopefully Cathy will be well enough to see your new arrival today.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

COngrats to all of you and welcome baby Helen, hope Cathy gets better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats to the newly extended mccarrick family! Hope cathy makes a quick recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

awww congratulations Cathy and family...welcome to the world little Helen xxx

Hope Cathy recovers quickly xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Congratulations Cathy, Shane and little Shane on the birth of beautiful Helen. Hope she has a long happy live filled with love, joy and happiness.

Wonderful to hear some good news. Delighted for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

She's absolutely beautiful, Congratulations to you Cathy Shane and little Shane and welcome to the world Baby Helen. ;)
    Hope Cathy is doing well and will be up and around soon.
    We had some good news too, my sis in law had a little boy on monday morning, he arrived 3 weeks early but he's grand and mammy is so happy, she lost twins last year.
    Week 24. . indigestion is a killer at the moment but otherwise good. .. this heat is brilliant. .. long may it continue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazyginlady

Congrats Cathy and family :) was with my g.p today blood pressure isnt great but as I lost my close friend on Tuesday it's expected am so exhausted . So now need weekly monitoring .

so sorry to hear that Crazyginlady, wish you all the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Congrats Cathy and family :) was with my g.p today blood pressure isnt great but as I lost my close friend on Tuesday it's expected am so exhausted . So now need weekly monitoring .

Sorry to read about your friend xxx

I had high BP on my first preg and when I was in hosp I got a great tip from a nurse. If you lie down, put one hand on your tummy and one on your chest. Breathe in for seven, and out for seven, expanding your tummy only, not your chest. You can also do it during the day when you feel yourself getting worked up about something (obviously you don't have to lie down if you're in work or something ;) ), or just before you go into see the doc and I promise it does work.

• Advertisement

Sorry to read about your friend xxx

I had high BP on my first preg and when I was in hosp I got a great tip from a nurse. If you lie down, put one hand on your tummy and one on your chest. Breathe in for seven, and out for seven, expanding your tummy only, not your chest. You can also do it during the day when you feel yourself getting worked up about something (obviously you don't have to lie down if you're in work or something ;) ), or just before you go into see the doc and I promise it does work.
    Cheers i'll do that I reckon I'll need it .

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Congrats on the new arrival Shane, Cathy & lil Shane. Sounds like Helen is a strong baba, and she looks gorgeous. Hope you are home soon

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Big congrats Cathy & Shane, she is so beautiful :D hope Mammy is feeling better soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Shane massive congratulations to you and Cathy! You must be such proud parents, she is absolutely beautiful

I hope Cathy recovers fast, the poor thing it must be so hard for her being away from both of her beautiful babies.

Please tell her I was asking for her & congrats again to you both!

When are we all starting our hospital bags ? I'm going to think about doing the nursery to keep busy this week .

When are we all starting our hospital bags ? I'm going to think about doing the nursery to keep busy this week .

:o:o I done my bag... two days before my waters broke on number 1 (my waters broke at 39+6!) and the day I started getting pains on number 2 (40 weeks!) whoops! I had everything laid out though!

That's pretty much what I did with number one , starting packing in the morning when I was having pain was in hospital in the evening . I think i better be a bit more organised this time :rolleyes:

That's pretty much what I did with number one , starting packing in the morning when I was having pain was in hospital in the evening . I think i better be a bit more organised this time :rolleyes:

Organised is always good! :D

Im 37 + 3 and have had bags packed the last two weeks.......maybe a little too organised!! :-)

• Advertisement

Winnie wrote: »
    Im 37 + 3 and have had bags packed the last two weeks.......maybe a little too organised!! :-)
    Better to early than too late :) im only 32 weeks

Advertisement