Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero III

Options
  • 10-10-2007 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

Anyone heard of a release date for Europe yet? Some sites say October 2007, some say November 2007 and some say Quarter 4 2007.

any ideas? I really want it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wii: 11/02/07 (EU)
    PS3: 11/23/07 (EU)
    360: 11/23/07 (EU)

Source: GameFAQs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any word on Rock Band?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

woo hoo for early wii release :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Any word on Rock Band?

Not until early next year alas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I might just get it from the states, but the shipping will probably kill me.

• Advertisement

GH3's final track (audio only). The Devil Went Down to Georgia - Fiddle has been replaced by guitar, and the song is almost double the original length (over 6 minutes long)

I'm getting cramp just listening to it.

Official Confirmation today... November 23rd on all formats.
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Retailers have been promising us Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock on 23rd November for a little while now, but now Activision's officially saying the same thing. Hurrah!

That means that you will be able to go out to a shop or an Internet in a month's time and put down for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii or PS2 version of Guitar Hero III, either stand-alone (for 360 and PS2, anyway), or with the new wireless Gibson Les Paul controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Booking a week off work to play this bad boy from start to finish! :D
    F*ck christmas hols, I've no interest in Willy **** chocolate factory re-runs and work is usually dead at christmas anyway!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Managed to blag myself a copy of this a few weeks ago at WCG. It arrived on friday. It's crap. There's probably about 5 songs I liked. It's really a step in the wrong direction tbh. I hope rock band is a lot better.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 garrfunkel

I got the demo recently and liked one or two of the songs on it. Cant bloody wait to get my hands on the full game. Im still more excied about Rock Band though. That drum kit is that shizznit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Kenny 5 wrote: »
    Managed to blag myself a copy of this a few weeks ago at WCG. It arrived on friday. It's crap. There's probably about 5 songs I liked. It's really a step in the wrong direction tbh. I hope rock band is a lot better.:(

NNNNoooooooooooooooo.

Mine shipped yesterday, should get it tomorrow. I really enjoyed the demo though. I've read one or two tings about it that are utter sh*t, but they are super easily patchable. So easy in fact that Neversoft have fixed one already (no version of the game comes with a quickplay co-op mode, but the 360 version has a patch day one). Still, I love the track list, so how bad can it be??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I'm living in the States so I was able to pick this up on launch day ( for 360 ).

I had only ever played GH 2 a couple of times on demo units in-store.

Decided spur of the moment to pick this up.

Have to say I'm really loving it.
    There are tons of great tracks.
    In fact I'm finding it hard to think of tracks that I don't like.

I skipped the easy and started on medium which I'm really enjoying.
    Shouldn't be too much trouble to step up to hard once I've gone through everything on medium.

The wireless Les Paul controller is really nice.
    Had a brief problem with the green button becoming unresponsive but I just reconnected the neck and it was fine.

My main gripe is not being able to pick up a second wireless guitar.
    I may just pick up a GH 2 bundle on the cheap.

One of the weirdest things for me is what I've dubbed "Guitar Hero Eye".
    When I've finished a track I'm getting that optical illusion effect like if I look at the back of my hand it looks like it's moving.
    Obviously it's from staring intently at the scrolling notes.
    Just wondering if others get the same thing?

Killian

I'm actually really f*cking enjoying this at the minute. It has a sligtly different feel to it, more like a polished version of Frets On Fire. I also spent the best part of 30 minutes getting my ass handed to me in Tom Morello's face off. Much fun indeed.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

K!LL!@N wrote: »
    Obviously it's from staring intently at the scrolling notes.
    Just wondering if others get the same thing?

Killian

yeah. i'm sure you can replace drug addiction (acid or whatever) with guitar hero...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

K!LL!@N wrote: »
    I skipped the easy and started on medium which I'm really enjoying.
    Shouldn't be too much trouble to step up to hard once I've gone through everything on medium.

If you've never played on hard before you're going to find it an altogether different beast. If the last two games are anything to go by the jump from medium to hard on some songs is pretty steep.

Medium is a bit of a joke once you get used to hard/expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Makaveli wrote: »

Seconding this... Medium just seems to be moving so slowly.

I'm actually really f*cking enjoying this at the minute. It has a sligtly different feel to it, more like a polished version of Frets On Fire. I also spent the best part of 30 minutes getting my ass handed to me in Tom Morello's face off. Much fun indeed.

VR!

I had the very same thing.
    Morello was really tough for some reason.
    Took me 3 goes the first time round.
    Then on the next boss
    Slash
    I nailed him first time.
    I lost my saved game and had to start again and it was even worse the second time around against Morello.

I haven't wanted to play any other game since I got this.

Killian

Makaveli wrote: »
    If you've never played on hard before you're going to find it an altogether different beast. If the last two games are anything to go by the jump from medium to hard on some songs is pretty steep.

I tried one song on Hard just to see what it's like.
    I passed it but with a much lower accuracy in the 70% if I recall correctly.
    Whereas on Medium I'm nearly always in the 95-96%+ range.

I'm going to finish out on Medium as I'm really enjoying it and it's presenting a bit of a challenge.
    Then I'll step up to Hard.

It's really good in that regard.
    The missus is really enjoying it on Easy.
    Seems to cater to the casual and the hardcore.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

One thing is for sure Through The Fire And The Flames on expert make Jordan on expert look like nothing. My best to date on Jordan expert is 7%. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's worth it just to play Knights Of Cydonia :D

• Advertisement

Tenacious D's - The Metal is a really fun track.
    I think it'll be my first 100%, I only missed 6 notes last night.

Like I said earlier, I'm finding it hard to think of tracks that I don't like.
    Nothing springs to mind so far.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

to people that already have it: gh2 was really fun for me because i hadnt played the first one so it was a new experience, but now that i 5*most songs on expert im worried this game wont be much of a challenge. how hard is the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

to people that already have it: gh2 was really fun for me because i hadnt played the first one so it was a new experience, but now that i 5*most songs on expert im worried this game wont be much of a challenge. how hard is the game?

i'd say it's easier then GH2 actually. it's being made by neversoft this time, so i guess they re-shifted focus to allow more players to get into the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Looking at some of the videos the challenge in Career mode has taken a step in a different direction. The 'battles' against the other guitarists involve weapons being used such as doubling your opponents notes for a few seconds, upping the difficulty, a 'broken string'* and a screwy amp** etc.

As for the song difficulty, i'm sure 'The Devil went down to Georgia' and 'Throug the Fire and Flames' will give you a run for your money.

*You have to slam the broken button to 'fix' it

**The notes on the fret board flash on and off.

Yeah i have noticed that. I always start the games on medium, then move up. But medium is laughably easy on GHIII. And How come it took me forever to beat Tom Morello on the face off, but i defeated Slash on first attempt? Some inconsistancy issues there ;)

Still, fun game :)
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

. And How come it took me forever to beat Tom Morello on the face off, but i defeated Slash on first attempt?
    VR!

Because Tom Morello is god. Its very difficult to beat god at his own game.

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Because Tom Morello is god. Its very difficult to beat god at his own game.

Bleh, glorified effects master. Slash > Morello!
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Literally every review I've read has stated that Hard and Expert are more difficult than Guitar Hero II.

I got past Jordan just in time for this game. Hope so much it is waiting for me when I go home today!

Also, Morello and Slash are vastly different in terms of style, but Slash is the reason I play guitar, so he wins for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

Booking a week off work to play this bad boy from start to finish! :D
    F*ck christmas hols, I've no interest in Willy **** chocolate factory re-runs and work is usually dead at christmas anyway!

VR!

agree with ya on that one bud , ive also booked a week off :D

cant wait for rock band as well but thatll be next year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Bleh, glorified effects master. Slash > Morello!
    VR!

BLASPHEMER!!!

:D

Advertisement