Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Literally every review I've read has stated that Hard and Expert are more difficult than Guitar Hero II.

The demo must not be a good representation of the game then because I 5 starred all the songs on hard on my first attempt and I'm pretty crap at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Makaveli wrote: »
    The demo must not be a good representation of the game then because I 5 starred all the songs on hard on my first attempt and I'm pretty crap at the game.

Only played it on expert but I agree that the demo wasn't overly taxing.

That said the purpose of a demo from Neversoft's perspective is to get casual players to buy, the hardcore are always gonna buy it! Putting really tough songs in isn't gonna intice Johnny "I can barely pass medium" to buy if he does nothing but fail...

Either way... still hoping to be playing this tonight... I loves me some Guitar Hero!!!

EDIT: I just checked your profile... You beat Guitar Hero II on Hard.... Hardly "pretty crap" in fairness!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Any sign of the PC version yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

conzymaher wrote: »
    Any sign of the PC version yet?

Wikipedia quotes the PC & Mac release as November 12, although that's for America. No mention of a European release on there as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Is it just be being a complete lightweight, or is anyone else struggling with The Devil Went Down To Georgia on medium?

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

is this region free on the 360?

is this region free on the 360?

I imported it from VG+.... So yes to that.

I think it's fantastic. Beat the game on hard, not too tough, 5* everything first time up as far as tier 7. Now on expert and even this first tier bumps things up straight away!! 4* the kiss song, we'll see how the rest go!

I beat Devil went down to Georgia first time on Hard too!! :D

Also, Dragonforce kicked my ass on Hard!!! Such a tough song, even for stamina.... It's a beast!!

Only negative aspect I can think of right now is that the cover of Pride and Joy is utterly horrible. I love SRV... Hell my bands name is Double Trouble.... The cover is an insult! Other than that, great game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

*waits patiently for official ps2 uk release* damnit can't wait to play some of the new tracks... can 5* most things on hard in gh2, but expert still gives me 3s.. so this should be a good challenge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'm looking forward to it too but I'm in no rush. Still trying to 5* all the songs on hard and I'm only about half way through. YYZ is the only song in the last two tiers that I have 4*s in. I'll probably never be good enough to 5* them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I wanna buy Guitar Hero III but prefer most of the songs on GHII... oh, the conundrum! :D

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it too but I'm in no rush. Still trying to 5* all the songs on hard and I'm only about half way through. YYZ is the only song in the last two tiers that I have 4*s in. I'll probably never be good enough to 5* them all.

That's alright dude, Alex Lifeson owns most people, so there ain't no shame in coming second to him! :D
    VR!

That's alright dude, Alex Lifeson owns most people, so there ain't no shame in coming second to him! :D
    VR!

Rush are all amazing musicians... Lifeson is almost the weakest of the 3 but to say that is an insult to him. Geddy Lee is an astonishing bass player and Neil Peart.... Well, no explanation needed there!

I got past expert at the weekend. There's an achievement for failing one song ten times... Hello Raining Blood!! Man that was hella tough.

Lou on expert is crazy difficult though. Miss any of the power-ups you get for him an he'll be back up to green rock-meter in seconds, negating any hard work you might have done! Great feeling to finally do it though!:D

Lou on expert is crazy difficult though. Miss any of the power-ups you get for him an he'll be back up to green rock-meter in seconds, negating any hard work you might have done! Great feeling to finally do it though!:D

Lou is a bastard! That guy just doesn't give me a break on medium!!
    Rush are all amazing musicians... Lifeson is almost the weakest of the 3 but to say that is an insult to him. Geddy Lee is an astonishing bass player and Neil Peart.... Well, no explanation needed there!

I wouldn't say Lifeson is almost the weak link, just more overlooked due to Lee's skill and Peart being a complete legend.

VR!

I wouldn't say Lifeson is almost the weak link, just more overlooked due to Lee's skill and Peart being a complete legend.

VR!

Ya, I prefer the way you said it. Wonder if Peart would give me drum lessons... Hmmmm.;)

I got a 904 note streak last night while trying to get the 1000. Oh the fury!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I got a 904 note streak last night while trying to get the 1000. Oh the fury!

Oh man that must have been annoyin

Vegeta wrote: »
    Oh man that must have been annoyin

Hit 1102 note Streak last night, all rage is forgotten!!!:D

100% TTFAF on Easy!! My girlfriend can 4* it... Makes me so proud!!:)

I'm still stuck on Devil Went Down to Georgia on medium. I hate Lou!!!
    VR!

I'm still stuck on Devil Went Down to Georgia on medium. I hate Lou!!!
    VR!

The Boss Battle tracks are out now for free... They are the hardest songs in the game!!! Devil... Is harder than TTFAF (barring the intro).

Glad they didn't charge for this pack, would have been a slap in the face!

TTFAF goes on for an eternity!! I'm in for hell doing that on medium!
    VR!

• Advertisement

TTFAF goes on for an eternity!! I'm in for hell doing that on medium!
    VR!

Ya, the strumming isn't so bad, it's the fret hand that starts to cramp up. I can get to 2% on Expert, oh ya... I rock I do!!! :cool:

I dream of some day making it to 3%:D

Anyone playing GH3 on PS3?

Impressions? I heard of some issues... probably 360 fans stirring poo :p

Got the PS2 version and so far, no problems. Looking forward to the 360 version :)
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Anyone playing GH3 on PS3?

Impressions? I heard of some issues... probably 360 fans stirring poo :p

cleared it on medium and gone through most of it on hard and i've yet to experience any issues

Thanks man! you put my mind at ease :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

Quick question does the guitar seperate in any way, want my sis to pick it up in the states but fear it may be two big for carry on and wanted to seperate guitar and but in a case.

SNL wrote: »
    Quick question does the guitar seperate in any way, want my sis to pick it up in the states but fear it may be two big for carry on and wanted to seperate guitar and but in a case.

Yup, the neck comes off so it will be a lot smaller...

Just be sure whatever console you are getting it for isnt Region locked or it wont work on your European console....

The PS3 is region free but im not sure about the 360 and the Wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Hey, quick Q,

If I get Guitar Hero 3 for the PS3 can I play my Guitar Hero 1 disc on the PS3 with the wireless controller?

Yup, the neck comes off so it will be a lot smaller...

Just be sure whatever console you are getting it for isnt Region locked or it wont work on your European console....

The PS3 is region free but im not sure about the 360 and the Wii

I can attest to the fact that the 360 version is region free. From what I gather the Wii version isn't however!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

Woo 360 version for me so, no way would i pay 110 for a game, tis madness.

Advertisement