Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

SNL wrote: »
    Woo 360 version for me so, no way would i pay 110 for a game, tis madness.

I got it 3 weeks before it came out here and for way way less too... I loves the region free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Anyone order this from play-asia ? Could you get caught for cutoms charges or some such ?

As for buying locally. Do we know how much this is gonna cost in the likes of Tesco/Gamestop etc... ?
    Its 101 on play.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I think it's ~110 locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

conzymaher wrote: »
    Anyone playing GH3 on PS3?

Impressions? I heard of some issues... probably 360 fans stirring poo :p
    I have it for the PC and it has the same problem as the PS3 version, a lot of screen tearing and the odd slowdown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

its €115 in gamestop as i reserved mine today :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Just cleared GH2 on expert, can't wait to play GH3. My little finger is absolutely dying, when I wake up in the mornings I can't straighten it without lots of effort for about 30 mins!

must check with xtravision today. see what they are selling it for.
    Might ring Virgin Megastore (limerick) also.

brianon wrote: »

Don't know how much III will be here but I bought II in HMV on Cruises St. It was only €100 with 10% off for student discount. I know €90 sounds like a lot of money for a game, but that was a deal for Guitar Hero!!!

I'm listening to Six right now.... What a song! I love that the Guitar Hero series has introduced me to new music as well as being enormous fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

My brothers gf knows someone who works at activision, hes gettin gh2 for 20 pound with the guitar, im buggin him to get me 3 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm listening to Six right now....

Louis Walsh would be so proud :D
    VR!

• Advertisement

brianon wrote: »

110 in xtravision. Deposit placed :)

I hope this will keep me entertained until Rock Band. And then I will have a bass guitar also.

Louis Walsh would be so proud :D
    VR!

First reaction... Ah, sarcasm...:) Why would Louis Wal....

Second Reaction. NNnnnnooooooooooooooo.:eek: Oh god, I completely forgot about them...

Got a good laugh there, thanks VR.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Its a bit of a balls that the PS3 guitar will not work in rock band and the 360 one will.
    source

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

erm, why should the Guitar Hero guitar work with a rival product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, lets keep charging hundreds for new/competitions bundled iterations and building up a practical and useful collection of plastic guitars. ;)

Controllers generally interface with a console using a standard set of instructions, that's why we can get 3rd party controllers and why the guitars should work across both (It's also why you can use your normal controller to play the game, or indeed use the guitar to play others game if you're a masochist). It's seems the blame is being put on Red Octane for not using some standards in their PS3 guitar. Tell me, how do you plan to play 4 player Rock Band without a 2nd guitar? You want to buy another when they finally go on sale some time or wouldn't it be nicer to use one of the others in your collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

cos they said it would

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Will the Wii version be around €100, I mean Wii games are usually a bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

brilliant, can't wait to play this game :D getting tired of playing the gh2 songs over and over so something new will definately go down well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Anybody think there is any chance of this being released a day early? I am dying to play it!

*Tripper* wrote: »
    Anybody think there is any chance of this being released a day early? I am dying to play it!

Tesco messed up the release of Assassins Creed last week by releasing a day early (at least for a while) so maybe check there.

• Advertisement

Heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Tomorrow!! Can't wait to get it! The tracklist is class, can't wait to get stuck into Helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone know how much it is in Virgin?

I hear there are some tracks that can only be unlocked in co-op. Is that online co-op ? or just offlne co-op ?

Ahhhh I can't wait any longer! I'm gonna be up first thing tomorrrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

lol!
    brilliant:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/free-halo-rocker-coming-to-guitar-hero-iii-tomorrow-325592.php

"ACTIVISION AND MICROSOFT GIVE THANKS TO GUITAR HERO AND HALO FANS

In appreciation of Guitar Hero® and Halo fans alike, Neversoft, Bungie, Activision/RedOctane, and Microsoft have all joined forces to bring players the iconic Halo theme (MJOLNIR Mix) as a free playable song for Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock, exclusively for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The theme will be available from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22nd.

The Halo theme was written, composed, and performed by Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori; and the MJOLNIR Mix features guitars performed by the Grammy Award winning guitar hero, Steve Vai."

Ha Steve Vai! That should be fun then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any word on a PS2 price, without the Guitar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I found medium to be easy enough. sure I didnt do great on some songs but I didnt fail one song. I lost to slash a few times but Lou was really easy I thought.
    Through the fire and the flames is crazy.

• Advertisement

Medium is always easy. The step up to hard is where hearts are broken. I hate that little orange bastard!!

Advertisement