Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Meh, it's not the orange key that's the problem once you get used to moving your hand, it's the ridiculous amount of hammer ons that make the difficulty spike on some songs crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It's a combination of everything; orange button, HO/POs, speed and general complexity that makes going from medium to hard a real bitch. I only started playing GH a couple of weeks ago after getting a lend of it, trying to 5* everything on hard now (just can't seem to get "Wayward Son" done, so close though, at least I like the song) after getting a fair way through expert mostly on 3* ( currently on the section with "Killing In The Name Of" etc...).

Looking to rope someone into getting III for me for Xmas.

Also, Danbhala, I'm coming for you! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's the insanely fast guitar solos that screw me up. I always play on hard level now, and it's just perfect for me. I don't really want to imagine Hangar 18 on expert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

ahhhhh... its friday and im stuck in work.... need to play new songs!

i think taking the afternoon off is in order :p

where's the cheapest place to get it anyone know?

bring it on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

danbhala wrote: »
    where's the cheapest place to get it anyone know?
    Seconded!

Might just order it from Virgin online but willing to pay a couple of extra euros to buy it today. Girlfriend is also going up North but probably won't be a whole lot cheaper up there (or will it?).

Sligo has Virgin, Xtra-Vision, GameStop and Tesco so let me know prices.

Think we have prices (confirmed / rumoured) for Gamestop (€115) and Xtra-Vision (€110) already, don't we?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Must pick up the PS2 version if it's well priced anywhere. Can't really afford to splash out on one of the 360 bundles at the moment. Shame, because I wanted to play that Halo song :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Burning Eclipse off here is sick at this game he has more of the achievements that even danbhala

he's a member of "I've beaten Jordan on expert" crew

Vegeta wrote: »
    Burning Eclipse off here is sick at this game he has more of the achievements that even danbhala

he's a member of "I've beaten Jordan on expert" crew

big time, hats off to him! i can only get about 50% through that song on expert :(
    looking forward to playing online with fellow hero's so add me if you're up for a jam. i'll probobly spend the first couple of days going through the single player to unlock all the songs... anyone else gonna dive straight in and try do it all on expert? :p

big time, hats off to him! i can only get about 50% through that song on expert :(
    looking forward to playing online with fellow hero's so add me if you're up for a jam. i'll probobly spend the first couple of days going through the single player to unlock all the songs... anyone else gonna dive straight in and try do it all on expert? :p

I am not very good at this :( as i don't play it enough. Honestly every time i see him play it makes me sick at my own crapness

wait til you see dragonforce's song in this. Now considering Burning Eclipse can finish Jordan on expert, on his first attempt at this song he got like 1-2% in. Its mental, love that song for its pure guitar madness

Interesting, I must meet/add this man/monster. :D

Am I the only one whose wrist gets banjaxed while playing? Never had that issue on a real guitar.

Guess I'll have to play catch up again come Xmas by the looks of things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm living in the sticks sans-broadband at the moment. Only get online at weekends and that's if I'm at a friends house. Dragonforce is sick... If I get past the intro it shouldn't be too bad though. Devil Went Down to Georgia however, you can download the song to play outside of battle and its crazy difficult....

I can't wait to get online and play some boardsies. And I'm not as good as Vegeta says, I just went on a mission to beat Jordan!!! I had to! It was mocking me by having no score beside it!!:D

. And I'm not as good as Vegeta says

**cough Liar cough**

He's luring you all into a false sense of security beware his 1337 GH skillz :D:p

Well I just went on a friend adding spree so you're both on. (<-- not in a "bring it on, bitch!" kind of way, although I'm sure our guitars shall clash at some stage :p)

Burning Eclipse, we should definately get a band together when rock band comes out! i bags the drums! :D

Well I just went on a friend adding spree so you're both on. (<-- not in a "bring it on, bitch!" kind of way, although I'm sure our guitars shall clash at some stage :p)

see you on the stage :p

Burning Eclipse, we should definately get a band together when rock band comes out! i bags the drums! :D

Sounds very much like a plan!!! :D Green Grass and High Tides here we come!!! I know for a fact that Vegeta has band experience too...

Wow... If only we had some sort of dedicated forum to recruit ourselves a singer...

Speakin of... Have we got a release date yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Still Q1 2008... no firm date yet.

Looking forward to RB alright, can't wait to see how much I suck at drums yet stubbornly push on. My feet and hands only move as one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

GH3 song list has grown on me, played it through easy and normal. Hard is........quite hard tbh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Anyone got confirmed prices from bricks and mortar shops ?
    Was midly interested in it but now I really want it, love the track listing and it finally maybe a game I can get my wife to play on my 360.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Was playing it through on hard and thought it was very easy so far. Have at least 4 starred most of the songs and alot five star. However I had my first attempt on Metallica 'one' last night and failed almost immediately on the solo, big leap in difficulty!

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Was playing it through on hard and thought it was very easy so far. Have at least 4 starred most of the songs and alot five star. However I had my first attempt on Metallica 'one' last night and failed almost immediately on the solo, big leap in difficulty!

I 5*'d the Hard tour Wednesday night. Knights of Cydonia was the last song to fall. Found it easier to do in III than in II, but Expert is a whole different kettle of fish. A really difficult kettle at that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just going through on medium now, didn't realise 'Sunshine of your love" was on it, what a pleasant surprise. It seems a little different to the others, or is it just me?

On a quick dash around at lunch.. I couldn't see it in my local Xtra-Vision, Virgin or Tesco. I didn't ask but would have assumed they'd have it displayed on the shop floor or behind the counter in each.

Didn't check Gamestop.

The 360 version is about €94 in Smyths with Loyalty Card.
    Roll on 5:30. :)

Forgot all about Smyths..! :eek:

Says it's €105 (without loyalty card of course) on their website.

Seems like the best price in brick 'n' mortar shops so far!

EDIT: Arrggh.. says 'Low Stock Availability' for my local Smyths, and can't reserve it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What the fook €110?! GH2 was only 60 in HMV last year with the guitar controller![Ps2]

playa3,

The PS2 is cheaper.. you can get it for about €80 most places.

It's just the Xbox 360 / PS3 versions which are ~€110

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

basquille wrote: »
    playa3,

The PS2 is cheaper.. you can get it for about €80 most places.

It's just the Xbox 360 / PS3 versions which are ~€110

Oh right then i see:o

[Edit] Any difference in the versions?

• Advertisement

360/PS3 have wireless controllers, HD graphics, and downloadable content.

Advertisement