Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

playa3 wrote: »
    Oh right then i see:o

[Edit] Any difference in the versions?
    Well, PS2 version presumably doesn't have online play and has a wired controller. XBox 360 has the Halo downloadable theme. Other than that, it's a free for all!

EDIT: What Mr E said! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

On to the eight tear (One, Raining Blood et al.)

Man I'm so disappointed, I thought Helicopter by Bloc Party was in this, but it's actually just The Hellacopters :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

On to the eight tear (One, Raining Blood et al.)

Man I'm so disappointed, I thought Helicopter by Bloc Party was in this, but it's actually just The Hellacopters :(

Aha.... But it is. It's in the co-op career!!! And that's the only way to unlock it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Brilliant. Will have to get started on that tonight when I'm home from work. If anyones up for a few games my tag is Slurms McK

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Im getting GH3 for Christmas.

Will i fail my Leaving Cert yes/no ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

Hmv guitar hero 3 for 80 quid with your student card thats quite a bargain.

Picked it up for €105 in Smyths.

First GH i've even played.. so had a quick whack at 'Slow Ride' before girlfriend sat down for her Eastenders fix.

Great craic though alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The
    Tom Morello
    Boss battle is annoying isn't it? It doesn't help that the 'song' is total shíte.

Cool game though... Huge difference in the sharpness of the graphics in this vs. GH1/GH2 on the PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Just so ya'll know it 99.99 in argos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

€110 in Xtravision.

add me BrianOn360 as ur friend so someone can help me unlock teh co-op only songs later :)

• Advertisement

I am pretty poor at this game what i wanna know is how can people pay 110 for a game thats 30 quid cheaper elsewhere.

Only answer if ya live in dublin or somewhere with a hmv.

SNL wrote: »
    I am pretty poor at this game what i wanna know is how can people pay 110 for a game thats 30 quid cheaper elsewhere.
    Not everyone's a student.. you said it was €80 with a student card. How much without the student card?

thats the thing i said i was a student showed some old card and he gave me some new thing which is now valid til end of 2008 :D

it was 90 without which is still 20 quid cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Is it possible to buy a GHIII guitar on its own in town, or even online?

Is it possible to buy a GHIII guitar on its own in town, or even online?
    Yeah, most places are selling it online. Not sure about town.

It's not typically that cheap too.

Amazon (absolute rip-off)

Virgin has 2 standalone guitars for a more reasonable price but neither say what console they're for - 2nd one looks more like XBox 360 version.

Virgin 1
    Virgin 2

EDIT: Actually.. just after noticing in the description that the first is for PS3 and the second is for Wii. But at least you know they are available - just a matter of finding a good price for one now.

Oh.. and got my first 100% track last night: Alice Cooper's 'Schools Out'

Would have gotten an 100% on 'Talk Dirty To Me' if it wasn't a fecking achievement popping up which distracted me. On the first 9 tracks, i have 4 stars in 8. And 5 stars in 1. Not too bad!

Tom Morello's battle is fairly tough alright. Only tried him to battle him twice though. First time got my ass handed to me, second time i did better but i got too confident with my newly found whammy-bar which screwed me up.

Like i said, first Guitar Hero game i've played and am loving it. Can see all other games taking a backseat until i at least complete it easy and medium, not to mention getting 5 stars in at least half the tracks. Ordered Guitar Hero 2 from PlayAsia last night too anyways.

PS - does using the Whammy bar make that much of a difference to your score?

Whammy bar does not alter your score (at least it didn't in the second). It's simply used to "extract" star power from star notes that are held, if that makes sense?

They are great games alright, like I said, I only picked up the second a couple of weeks back. That's for the links, they look kinda scarce alright, I'll just have to make do with my borrowed controller plus the bundled one ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003676701

80's band romantics are sueing activision over what they feel is a too similar sounding recording for rockband 80's game?

can i get a lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Anyone got the Wii version? It's only got mono sound from what I can see, would this really matter though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hmvs prices for this were really low yesterday. 90 on ps3 and 360. 80 on wii. 65 on ps2

• Advertisement

It's €95 for 360 / PS3 in my local Virgin - shame i bought it for €105 in Smyths yesterday! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Does anyone know whether a decent graphics card will be needed for the PC version

OK, finished easy and I'm half way through medium. God there are alot of crap songs in it, aren't there? Especially on the later tiers. Still good fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I found with GH 2 anyway that songs will grow on you after a while.

Still haven't gotten this yet. Will hopefullyy get my hands on it next week.

Am on the last 5 on Easy.. have completed them all so far. Easy is well.. pretty easy really. There's been no songs i've had to replay and Slash was easy in the 2nd battle - easier than Tom Morello anyways.

Best song to play so far is the Stevie Ray Vaughn one.. forget the name but it's a great one to play. Was playing it last night around 2.30 and it's testing enough at that time of the morning.

Have bought all bonus tracks too in the shop and hence gained the 5G 'Track Master' achievement.

Will finish easy later and start to work through medium.

PS - is there any advantage in working back over songs than have 4 stars and getting the 5 stars in them? I've completed all songs so far (even ones that get skipped when you do an encore at the end of a stage) and i've at least 4 stars in them all but is it worth going back to get 5?

Yep, you get an achievement for 5-starring all songs.

Here is a list of all achievements. There are some sick ones there.... "Hendrix Reborn", "Buy a Guitar Already"? :)

Nice to see the perfect songs (no notes missed) finally getting a special gold star indicator on the song list. There is an achievement for gold starring 20 songs on expert...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

thats not the half of it.... whammy every held note on number of the beast on expert :eek:

Mr E wrote: »
    Nice to see the perfect songs (no notes missed) finally getting a special gold star indicator on the song list. There is an achievement for gold starring 20 songs on expert...

They have this in GHII anyway.

Bonus of 5*ing is achivements, higher career score, sense of completion.

Are you getting money on easy now? In II you have to play on Medium to earn money.

Ah cool, don't think the gold star thing was in GH2 on the PS2. Must have been one of the new additions to the 360 version.

Yeah, you get money in easy now, just 300 for 5*ing a song.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Don't think the gold star thing was in GH2 on the PS2. Must have been one of the new additions to the 360 version.

Ah, most likely. You get 5 gold stars for 100% on a song.

What I would like to see is a star gauge like in RB which shows your progress towards your 5 star rating. Any sign of this in III?

Advertisement