Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope, the only new game mechanics are:

(a) an annoying message that pops up and bounces distractingly around the middle of the screen when you get a 50/100/200 etc. note streak.

(b) A note streak counter at the bottom left of the screen (this is pretty cool)

(c) Bloody boss battles (terrible)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Mr E wrote: »
    Nope, the only new game mechanics are:

(a) an annoying message that pops up and bounces distractingly around the middle of the screen when you get a 50/100/200 etc. note streak.

(b) A note streak counter at the bottom left of the screen (this is pretty cool)

I've seen (a) alright and it does appear needlessly distracting. The other two I've not seen but have heard similar comment in relation to boss battles.

So when are we getting our rythem forum? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Could have gotten 3 - 4 more 100% songs if it wasn't for this popping up.. irritating!
    Yeah, the boss battles are pointless to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Loving the game at the min!

Hope they release 1 and 2 for the Wii!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Loving this game I have to say. Really getting into it. Started on easy but moved to medium after 8 songs. Am I missing any achievements by skipping easy ?

Medium is great fun. Rock on !

• Advertisement

I'd imagine there are some minor achivements for completing the easy tour and for 5*ing all the songs on easy. Unless they've changed thier regular achivement formula. I'd continue on for now and go back to easy when you get stuck, you'll fly through them.

Actually, on that note, I've noticed a lot of people lacking the easy tour achievement, I thought people would just stroll through it to get the achievements ( I know they ain't much ) but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

got my copy today in argos, first GH ever, well looking foward to it, and looks like theres a vibrant irish community too

unfortunatly have to wait till x-mas day to open :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I aggree

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have been ripping through this game all weekend, have finished and 5 starred both easy and medium , have nearly finished hard (some of the songs are more like expert level in GH2)

savage game, but my god that anoying pop up streak message and caused to me lose so many bloody streaks already :(

hopefully they release a 360 patch which lets you turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Me and a mate got really drunk last night and went through co-op career on hard. We got every song up until One by Metallica and just could not get past it :(

Bloody good fun though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Wait til ya get to Dragonforce m'man. Last session i was at (ended dragging the PS2 and controller and full bottle of baileys to Waterford to it!), i actually finished it after playing what felt like forever, and then i actually fell over (and crashed my head against a cooker!)

Of course, the bottle of baileys was downed by that point :D
    VR!

just got the "meet your maker" achievement, which is to beat one of the creators of GH3 online. doubt it was one of em though and prob just gives it to you after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    hmvs prices for this were really low yesterday. 90 on ps3 and 360. 80 on wii. 65 on ps2

are they still that price on 360? anyone?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

.....unfortunatly have to wait till x-mas day to open :(

Me too :( !!

miju wrote: »
    just got the "meet your maker" achievement, which is to beat one of the creators of GH3 online. doubt it was one of em though and prob just gives it to you after a while

I think it works like that other "6 points of seperation" ahievement or whatever it was called. Where someone beats a dev they get the achivement, then if you beat that person (the non-dev) you get the achievement, but I'm not absolutly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I think it works like that other "6 points of seperation" ahievement or whatever it was called. Where someone beats a dev they get the achivement, then if you beat that person (the non-dev) you get the achievement, but I'm not absolutly sure.

Bingo!! I got it about a week ago. Not sure how the fella who's score I doubled managed to get it though.

I have started to tag team the intro to Dragonforce on Expert. I tap with both hands, my girlfriend strums when I miss a note. I can get to 82%!! Now to do it solo!!

Oh, to the people who don't like the streak thing popping up. It has never bothered me or caused me to mess up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

ShaneU wrote: »
    are they still that price on 360? anyone?

Picked it up yesterday in HMV for €89, it looked like it was the last copy with the guitar as there were none left on the floor anyway and Virgin were sold out. I think Tesco will be doing them for €99 but haven't got them in yet.

It's great craic though and when you're playing a song you really like you get really into it, shapes falling off you everywhere.
    Word of warning though, don't, as I did, cut your nails before heading into a marathon session, my strumming thumb is still in pain, it feels like I cut my thumbnail an inch too short !

Haven't found this bloody game on the 360 anywhere with the box. Standalone version is around but i want the wireless guitar to activate 2 player mode! :D

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

did you try hmv on henry street VR? Bought it there today for €81 with the discount.

Got to the end of Medium. Can't finish One (the fast arpeggio solo near the end kills me), and Lou is kicking my arse (keeps activating Hard mode against me). I'll get it tomorrow. :)

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    did you try hmv on henry street VR? Bought it there today for €81 with the discount.

Bit out of the way from where i work, although if i can get up a bit earlier, might hit it up before work. Cheers for the tip.

Was gonna try Grafton St again, but we'll see how it goes :)
    VR!

Got to the end of Medium. Can't finish One (the fast arpeggio solo near the end kills me), and Lou is kicking my arse (keeps activating Hard mode against me). I'll get it tomorrow. :)

Lou is an absolute c*nt! You have to try for eons before you get there.
    He is beatable though on medium, perseverence.

Then you have Dragonforce... good luck with that!
    VR!

Then you have Dragonforce... good luck with that!
    Yeah... 15 seconds of arpeggio at the end of One is hard enough, but a whole song of it?? :)

It's fun, although i nearly concussed myself afterwards. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! :D
    VR!

Finished easy earlier on today.. is it me or is that Slayer song the hardest song in it? Apart from Dragonforce.. i think i lost all feeling in my arms doing that!

Tried the first two on Medium and it'll take some getting used to with the blue button - keeps tripping me up when i hit Blue and go to anything far left of it (Red, Green). I was so used to the Green - Red - Yellow of Easy that going from Blue puts me off each time.

Great craic though cannot percieve Dragonforce on hard! :eek:

I had a crack at dragonforce on Expert got a whole 6% through it , lollers

btw if anyone has their account linked with the guitarhero.com website join the boards.ie tour group

basquille wrote: »
    Tried the first two on Medium and it'll take some getting used to with the blue button - keeps tripping me up when i hit Blue and go to anything far left of it (Red, Green). I was so used to the Green - Red - Yellow of Easy that going from Blue puts me off each time.

I actually found GHIII easier on Medium than i've found all the ones before it. And if you're struggling with the blue button, wait til ya do hard when ya have to switch from a button on one end to the other. Will stretch your fingers no end! Going for it on hard at the moment on PS2, hoping to do it all again on 360 this week.

VR!

I actually found GHIII easier on Medium than i've found all the ones before it.
    I'll be getting Guitar Hero 2 next week so we'll see how i fare on Medium in that.
    And if you're struggling with the blue button, wait til ya do hard when ya have to switch from a button on one end to the other. Will stretch your fingers no end! Going for it on hard at the moment on PS2, hoping to do it all again on 360 this week.
    Don't even wanna think about that! :D

Am up as far as Tom Morello's battle on Medium in GH3. Am starting to get used to the blue button - got all songs so far with 3 stars. Average! Found the blue button to be pretty accessible in 'Sunshine Of Your Love' (think i did better in that than the others) - but Tom's battle was directly after it so didn't see how i did.

Worked back through Easy and got 5 stars (not the 5 'perfect' gold stars) in the first 8 or so. Only have the Perfect in 'School's Out'!

basquille wrote: »
    I'll be getting Guitar Hero 2 next week so we'll see how i fare on Medium in that.

Don't even wanna think about that! :D

Am up as far as Tom Morello's battle on Medium in GH3. Am starting to get used to the blue button - got all songs so far with 3 stars. Average! Found the blue button to be pretty accessible in 'Sunshine Of Your Love' (think i did better in that than the others) - but Tom's battle was directly after it so didn't see how i did.

Worked back through Easy and got 5 stars (not the 5 'perfect' gold stars) in the first 8 or so. Only have the Perfect in 'School's Out'!

GHII is worth it, extra tracks on the 360 version too. Some of the GH tracks are also downloadable via Live, but they're kinda expensive. I ended up buying it for the PS2 instead. As for Morello, i found basically hit the whammy the second he starts hitting, and for the double notes, and amp overload, hit it about 2 seconds before his parts go on, as they both take a while to kick in :)

VR!

• Advertisement

quick tip for the bosses: save up 3 of your battle power ups and hit them one after another when the boss is in the middle of a load of fiddley bits you'll get them near straight away.

also, for anyone struggling to get past a song as crazy as it sounds move up a difficulty for a bit then go back down it's crazy how slowed down and much easier the lower level suddenly feels.

tried to beat lou tonight for about 15 mins on hard and it just wasn't happening :(:(

Advertisement