Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

miju wrote: »
    I had a crack at dragonforce on Expert got a whole 6% through it , lollers

btw if anyone has their account linked with the guitarhero.com website join the boards.ie tour group

haha, I was the same miju. Was only getting to 1% but I got my brother to hit the strum bar for the first note then I held the first button with my index finger on my left hand and then tapped the notes with my right hand! Problem is when I have to hold the guitar up again I lose it :)

Cleared it on hard, Lou was a bitch but beatable after about 25 tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I had a crack at dragonforce on Expert got a whole 6% through it , lollers

btw if anyone has their account linked with the guitarhero.com website join the boards.ie tour group

Ok, firstly, huge respect for getting 6%. I can't get more than 2% by myself. Secondly, 6% puts you past the hammer-on of death section... How did you pass that and fail?? It only gets easier... before ramping up the difficulty about the 65-85% mark??

I should pass it this weekend with the help of the GF. I can FC the intro, I just can't strum the first note and then move up to tap... But I'm so close!! I got the achievement for activating SP 3 times in it last night!! Soon... ... ...

Here is me, Not up to date at all as I haven't been online in about 10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

The first boss battle is killing me. Got it on easy but really struggling with it. Must try to build up some power ups like miju suggested.

Quick question ? Can you play co-op on Live or is it offline only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

brianon wrote: »
    Yeah, i wondered this too. As Co-Op from the main menu prompts me for the second guitar locally. And in XBox Live, i can only see battles. No option for co-op?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah crap you're right.... no co-op over XBL. I just looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_III:_Legends_of_Rock

I assumed since you can battle, you can play co-op.
    I wonder what the problem is?

• Advertisement

Balls... crap news! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Is it just me though or are 2 player guitar battles more fun than co-op mode?
    Probably just me!

VR!

Is it just me though or are 2 player guitar battles more fun than co-op mode?
    Probably just me!

VR!

Possibly but aren't there a number of songs that can ONLY be unlocked through co-op ? :mad:

Yeah, 6 of them (all encores for each of the 6 tiers).

"Sabotage" – Beastie Boys
    "Reptilia" – The Strokes
    "Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers
    "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Öyster Cult
    "Helicopter" – Bloc Party
    "Monsters" – Matchbook Romance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah crap you're right.... no co-op over XBL. I just looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_III:_Legends_of_Rock

I assumed since you can battle, you can play co-op.
    I wonder what the problem is?

timing and lag I would guess

in a battle its score based so it does not matter but co-op is very timing sensitive

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah, 6 of them (all encores for each of the 6 tiers).

"Sabotage" – Beastie Boys
    "Reptilia" – The Strokes
    "Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers
    "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Öyster Cult
    "Helicopter" – Bloc Party
    "Monsters" – Matchbook Romance

Thats sucks. There are some good tracks there :( that I will never get a crack at on Medium...except online.

I know. Cities on Flame looks really fun (look it up on youtube).

Awww man. Some of the best tracks are in the co-op: Helicopter, Sabotage, Reptilia, Suck My Kiss!

Would sacrifice one of two of the weaker tracks in the upper tiers (Slipknot.. for fecks sake! :rolleyes:) for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I hated him before and I hate him even more. Tom Morello is a piss poor excuse for a guitar player, and he ends up in this as a boss :rolleyes:

Playing a boss battle where we both had to make noises that sounded like someone rapidly zipping and unzipping a jacket or something proves my point :p

Managed to beat the devil pretty quickly though, despite my inability to use star power without dropping at least 3 notes. I think It's because i'm sitting down with the neck pointed too high or something, but I have to flail the guitar like a madman to make the damn star power turn on :p

Didn't realise how much of a difference in score your Star Power makes until you do a bunch of them in a song.

Ended up with 136,000 on Social Distorsion's 'Story Of My Life' simply due to using Star Power every opportunity i got.

I hated him before and I hate him even more. Tom Morello is a piss poor excuse for a guitar player, and he ends up in this as a boss :rolleyes:

Playing a boss battle where we both had to make noises that sounded like someone rapidly zipping and unzipping a jacket or something proves my point :p

I'd tend to agree here. Morello's solo is painful to listen to in that game, not to mention that people tend to laugh at you playing along to. It sounds like a backing track for a really bad white rapper or something!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

for people who want the extra songs on co-op me and bro found that playing it through easy on a controller and a guitar was quite quick and just as handy and once there they can be used in quickplay for single player.

basquille wrote: »
    Didn't realise how much of a difference in score your Star Power makes until you do a bunch of them in a song.

Ended up with 136,000 on Social Distorsion's 'Story Of My Life' simply due to using Star Power every opportunity i got.

Yeah, i usually let them build up to the max and then let rip with a solo. Watch your score belt up.

VR!

SNL wrote: »
    for people who want the extra songs on co-op me and bro found that playing it through easy on a controller and a guitar was quite quick and just as handy and once there they can be used in quickplay for single player.

If completed on easy in co-op can they then be played in single player on medium ?

Yep, on the Quick Play list (not in the Career mode).

Edit: Actually not sure if its available on the harder skill levels if played on easy. Sorry, misread your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If it's the same as GH2 then they should be available for any difficulty on quick play once unlocked in career.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Ok, firstly, huge respect for getting 6%. I can't get more than 2% by myself. Secondly, 6% puts you past the hammer-on of death section... How did you pass that and fail?? It only gets easier... before ramping up the difficulty about the 65-85% mark??

my rock meter was flashing red the whole time and the simple shock of getting past the first part completely threw me off
    brianon wrote: »

you can play co-op on xbox live and unlock the achievements etc, but you cannot play co-op career

That Dragonforce song is pretty fun. I can get 3 stars on it on medium doing all downpicking ( I can't alternate :D) and no hammer ons or pull offs.. A real workout

OK its official I hate "holiday in cambodia" on expert :(:(:(

Just did my first online matches. First non ranked game I go up against someone who picks a rage against the machine song :(

Next I did a ranked match, up against someone who picked through the fire and the flames :eek: managed to beat him pretty badly and got the meet your maker achievement for my troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

OK its official I hate "holiday in cambodia" on expert :(:(:(

I hate that song full stop.

Next I did a ranked match, up against someone who picked through the fire and the flames :eek: managed to beat him pretty badly and got the meet your maker achievement for my troubles.

well done :)
    I hate that song full stop.

true, its an awful song, theres actually a few howlers in this game. managed to get it but beating slash just isn't happening, it's like through the fire and flames all over again, :cry:

true, its an awful song, theres actually a few howlers in this game.
    Ain't that the truth? Some of the best songs are to be unlocked in co-op!

C'mon - Beastie Boys - "Sabotage"!?!?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My fav song in the game is one of Paint it Black, Reptilia, Helicopter and Hit Me With Your Best shot.

Some are quite awful to play; Paranoid, Anarchy (my god so boring), Cambodia, Miss Murder, Slipknot and a few I can't remember

• Advertisement

favorite for me is actually White Cliffs of Dover and the ZZ Top song they don't really sound like the other songs in GH3 IMO

Advertisement