Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero III

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Got the game tonight, have just been playing it on medium to unlock the songs as quickly as possible.

Maybe it's just because I played so much GHII but medium in III seems an awful lot easier than in II. There are hardly any chords in songs. I'm up to Tier 6 and should really have FC'd most songs but I keep making stupid mistakes.

The new guitar is a lot nicer than the old one I must say. Only thing I don't like is the neck is much thicker so I know my hand is going to cramp on the tougher songs.

Oh yeah, the boss battles are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why is there no sound for the solo at the end of the QOTSA song??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

this is how you play through the fire and flames on expert

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/135987.html?playlist=featured

fupping hell :eek

That kids a freak. He has a load of videos up on Youtube for GH2 songs.

He plays the game a little too much. It's insane how quickly he can move his fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

miju wrote: »

Oh,, his smug little wave before it starts.... grrrrrrrrrrr! :mad:

That and the fact he looks about 6!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

ShaneU wrote: »
    are they still that price on 360? anyone?

was in dub yesterday, hmv had loads of them for ps3 and 360 at 90euro. was a lil annoyed cause my bro ordered it on play for 100 or whatever it is there... ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

basquille wrote: »
    That and the fact he looks about 6!
    I'm guessing 10... unbelievable to watch though. Talk about humbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

He's 9, started when he was 8. Plays an awful lot but it's still incredible.

He has a massive thread over on scorehero here.

Was gonna post this the other day but didn't know if I should put it here or in the "be humbled by greater gamers" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

He may be good, but I've kissed a girl. So I win! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

OK its official I hate "holiday in cambodia" on expert :(:(:(

I love that song! Reminds me of ye old days getting my nose broken in a mosh!
    favorite for me is actually White Cliffs of Dover and the ZZ Top song they don't really sound like the other songs in GH3 IMO

Eric Johnson's Cliffs Of Dover got butchered by comparison to the original sadly, but it's still fun to play. And i love La Grange. I *INSISTED* i play that one when we'd unlocked it. We cranked up the sound on the TV. It deserves to be played loud.
    He may be good, but I've kissed a girl. So I win! ;)

Very debatable, i've heard the stories about you with the transvestite in Thailand last year! ;)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

favorite for me is actually White Cliffs of Dover and the ZZ Top song

cliffs of dover is fantastic!!!

im lovin black magic woman too. some of the guitar parts are so delicate as opposed to the usual chord thrashing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

YUSH! HMV in Grafton St have a rake of these in for 90 quid for the 360. Finally snagged me one and checked out the contents in work. I like the way the wireless controller's neck is detachable as the other ones were a pain in the ass to travel with!

And now to do it all over again... IN HIGH DEFINITION :D
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

At last! I beat Tom Morello on medium. Only took like 20 attempts ! :(

BTW...for those who not played the Co-Op only tracks there is a cheat code to unlock all tracks for Quick Play. Google it.

brianon wrote: »
    At last! I beat Tom Morello on medium. Only took like 20 attempts ! :(

BTW...for those who not played the Co-Op only tracks there is a cheat code to unlock all tracks for Quick Play. Google it.

sweet I shall be doing that now.

edit: To unlock all of the game's songs for Quick Play Mode, insert the following notes in the Options menu: Yellow & Orange, Red & Blue, Red & Orange, Green & Blue, Red & Yellow, Yellow & Orange, Red & Yellow, Red & Blue, Green & Yellow x2, Yellow & Blue x2, Yellow & Orange x2, Yellow & Blue, Yellow, Red, Red & Yellow, Red, Yellow, Orange.

Only song I haven't 5-starred on medium is Raining Blood by Slayer :mad: There's also a cheat to have Bret Michaels as the singer of your band :D

ShaneU wrote: »
    Only song I haven't 5-starred on medium is Raining Blood by Slayer :mad: There's also a cheat to have Bret Michaels as the singer of your band :D

Same as myself. 5* them all last night on first attempt except for this, only managed 96k on it and you need 126k or something for 5*.

Lost to Morello on my first attempt too because I didn't finish him off in time.

Ah well, all the career songs are unlocked now so on to hard. Some of those songs towards the end were tough enough on medium so I can only imagine what they are like on hard. I had one quick attempt at TTFATF on hard and only managed 2%. :o

Advertisement