Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

These new rugby jerseys

• 10-10-2007 6:57pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

So, who else is disgusted by the design of these new rugby jerseys? The Ireland one on show at the world cup was almost as bad as the team's performance.

They look like ****ing soccer jerseys now. Which isn't a bad thing I guess, if you're a knacker or a child. Otherwise, they're a disaster. The weird lines going all over the place for no apparent reason are minging. I don't mind the skin-fitting, as that shows off the bod a bit, but the lack of collar - what the hell? That's the most valuable market demographic gone right there. All you've got left are kids, fat ugly old wans and the occasional knacker who things he looks posh wearing it (little does he know).

Anyone with a bit of literary flair here who could write a letter to the Irish Times and maybe start a petition to bring back the classic collared style jerseys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Two things are wrong with the new jerseys

1. They are made from polyester, not cotton. 70 Euro for a piece of fabric that can go up in flames that quickly. Plus cotton just feels nicer.

2. What a horrible shade of green. I thought Irish green was emerald in hue, not pine green. Pine green is for toilet cleaner and bleach, not a national jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The price for the amourfit ones are outrageous - €110 afaik before we got knocked out. I don't like the shade of green on the jersey, but having said that it's hard to be fashionable wearing an Ireland jersey when half the country has them.

The South Africa away shirt with no sponsor is nice imo, I'm not a big fan of the sponsors logos on rugby shirts. The french away isn't too bad either, but their home shirt isn't a bit french, navy wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

They look like ****ing soccer jerseys now. Which isn't a bad thing I guess, if you're a knacker or a child. Otherwise, they're a disaster. The weird lines going all over the place for no apparent reason are minging. I don't mind the skin-fitting, as that shows off the bod a bit, but the lack of collar - what the hell? That's the most valuable market demographic gone right there. All you've got left are kids, fat ugly old wans and the occasional knacker who things he looks posh wearing it (little does he know).

Ah, look! Ross O'Carroll-Kelly has joined Boards!

Although yeah, they're rank, these new jerseys. They should do a run of the old "Permanent TSB" ones, they'd sell like hot cakes, especially given that people want to look like they've been supporting the rugby team for a few years!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

fricatus wrote:
    Ah, look! Ross O'Carroll-Kelly has joined Boards!

Although yeah, they're rank, these new jerseys. They should do a run of the old "Permanent TSB" ones, they'd sell like hot cakes, especially given that people want to look like they've been supporting the rugby team for a few years!
    1st, 2nd or 3rd category?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

irish permanent nike jerseys ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭KlondikePaddy

So, who else is disgusted by the design of these new rugby jerseys? The Ireland one on show at the world cup was almost as bad as the team's performance.

Anyone with a bit of literary flair here who could write a letter to the Irish Times and maybe start a petition to bring back the classic collared style jerseys?

I agree girl-the IRFU has lost the plot. They have also brought in a sh*** anthem to match the sh*** shirt-both lack clear identity and its political correctness gone mad by the pc posh boys in ruggerland. Watching a guy with 6 bellies sitting outside a pub during the game doesn't instill patriotic passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

I don't mind the skin-fitting, as that shows off the bod a bit, but the lack of collar - what the hell? That's the most valuable market demographic gone right there.
    maybe start a petition to bring back the classic collared style jerseys?

I'm pretty sure the skin fit and the lack of collar are to make it harder for people to grasp you on the field, nothing to do with fashion, it's just sensible for playing in. They don't design jerseys so that people can notice how fab Fiachra looks with a flipped up collar while he downs Heinos in Kieleys with the rest of the lads.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nicely done sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Isnt that the problem though? It might make more sense to have an "exhibition" jersey with all the good features we know and love and keep the newer, uglier, more functional features on some sort of "players" jersey. And have both available in shops. At least give people the option of looking good!

and yeah I'm in total agreement with the OP's position, the new jersey looks disturbingly like a soccer one its pretty horrible. Bring back Permanent TSB jerseys!

Advertisement