Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Whistler

Options
  • 10-10-2007 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to Whistler in March but I haven't booked any accommodation yet. Can anyone recommend anywhere that is nice and reasonably priced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

May be an obvious question, and somewhere you have already looked, but have you tried www.whistlerblackcomb.com?

If you're willing to wait until the last second, you can often get good last-minute deals there. May not be an option if you are coming all that way.

Owners Direct, www.ownerdirect.com is worth checking as well.

Most places in Whistler Village/Village North/Upper Village will be a short walk from the lifts. Finding a place in Whistler Creekside is another option, but you'll be a bit from the main village.

If you find somewhere that looks interesting and want an opinion ask away. I should be able to let you know how far it is from everywhere, and may even be able to track down someone who has stayed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

cerebus wrote: »
    Most places in Whistler Village/Village North/Upper Village will be a short walk from the lifts. Finding a place in Whistler Creekside is another option, but you'll be a bit from the main village.

If you find somewhere that looks interesting and want an opinion ask away. I should be able to let you know how far it is from everywhere, and may even be able to track down someone who has stayed there.

Cool. Thanks.

I've looked at the usual sites but just wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience.

One place we've been looking at is Legends which I think is in Creekside. I've read mixed reviews though.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

if you are looking for somewhere cheap, try the shoestring lodge. they are private room and dorms.
    I have only stayed in the dorms ($30CAD a night I think) - they are really nice, four to a room, each room has tv and bathroom with a shower.
    It also has a pub too.
    It only about a five minute walk to the slopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 grumps

check british columbia students union hostel, real cheap, chilled out.2 minutes to frequent bus.the college own it, its aimed at their students but they take non-students if not full.pool tables, music, board games, full kitchen, showers, jacuzzi even!

fireside lodge right beside it, nice place again, good price. take BC hostel first though

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

grumps wrote: »
    check british columbia students union hostel, real cheap, chilled out.2 minutes to frequent bus.the college own it, its aimed at their students but they take non-students if not full.pool tables, music, board games, full kitchen, showers, jacuzzi even!

fireside lodge right beside it, nice place again, good price. take BC hostel first though

i was supposed to stay there one night but i hurt myself and had to head back home to vancouver

just google ubc whistler and you should get it

there is also a hostel in creekside thats supposed to be very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

nialldinho wrote: »
    One place we've been looking at is Legends which I think is in Creekside. I've read mixed reviews though.

I have stayed at Legends, thought it was fine (only there for a weekend, so nothing long term).

Very close to the Creekside gondola, and there is an ok pub/bar right next door (Dusty's).

Could be expensive, even in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

Whistler is a very very expensive resort...:rolleyes:

i've stayed at creekside (just around the corner and 5mins from dustys pub)

place called whiskey jack, condo's which you rent by day/week, very good quality accomodation.. only problem with creekside are the queues first thing in the morning

also another time i stayed on Blackcomb mountain (home run) is the Marriott hotel excellent accomodation/breakfast and ski in/out

what a place though!!!

i recommend you buy a set of old skis in vancouver before you go up, plenty of shops sell them (secondhand) 50bucks or so, hire in whistler is pricey

Advertisement