Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting rooms?

Options
  • 10-10-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi can someone recommend a good place to hold a meeting of about 4 people. Somewhere that's not noisy, so cafe is out, also can't be the library as some of the people don't have student cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Mens toilets near theatre p: Everyone is welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

The Newstead Building is one possibility. It's the former Philips building, where Landscape & Civil Engineering is based, halfway to Richview past the Sports Centre. Most students have no reason to go up there, the Computer Room (G80) is usually quiet, and G69 (the common room) has always been quiet when I go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

How about one of the upper tutorial rooms in the Arts block. Your sure to find many empty ones you could use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

Some of the meeting rooms upstairs in Student Centre are Tiny- Meeting room 3 is real small - just book that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Thanks people ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

There's one in the sports centre beside Cafe Spoirt, not sure how big it is

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

library? theres rooms for 4 or 5 people on the arts floor near the photocopiers..........if these rooms arent for meetings and such what are they for? jus wondering.......... any elder ucdians able to inform me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

The ones in the library as far as I know are for postgrads and PhD students doing research and all that carry on. Correct me if I am wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

woop wrote: »
    library? theres rooms for 4 or 5 people on the arts floor near the photocopiers..........if these rooms arent for meetings and such what are they for? jus wondering.......... any elder ucdians able to inform me?

You can book group project work rooms in the health science library for three hours at a time, and they're for any students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 UpcomingStudent

or just use a meeting room above the grind. or an empty classroom in the science building main hub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

redcar wrote: »
    The ones in the library as far as I know are for postgrads and PhD students doing research and all that carry on. Correct me if I am wrong though.

They're free for everyone to use afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

redcar wrote: »

I think you're thinking off the study rooms rather than the meeting rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i found that those tutorial rooms up on the floors in Art's are a good place for meeting,they are not being used all the time,try some luck and dont get caught:D

or there are small areas in those floors as well,you can find a good spot for meeting:)

or run into any empty theatres in campus on friday!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tigrrrr

there are a few boardroom/ small conference room type things in the vet college specifically for this sort of thing, which are freely open to anyone and can be booked at reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Thanks for all the suggestions. We just went upstairs in the arts building and found an empty tutorial room. Was the easiest solution, no hassle :)

Advertisement