Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Me sell my Car ASAP please!!

Options
  • 10-10-2007 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I just decided to go to Australia 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'm leaving in another 1 1/2 weeks.

I have had my 04 Seat Cordoba up on Buy and Sell, Carzone and CBG at the cheapest price that any other is at. Its a fair price as it ranges from 8-12k for a 04. I have only one call. It is now the cheapest car on carzone but still no more calls.

I need to sell it by the 21st. Is there any other way to sell it. Would any dealers buy the car. Or is there any other way

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

Have you thought of putting it up for auction ?
    Merlin car auctions in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

adverts.ie , stick a for sale sign up in your back window (be wary of politicians claiming your a street racer..)

A dealer would buy it but at a very low price...

If its an consolation i sold my car the day before i left for OZ

Sadly times are tough for those who need to sell a car in Ireland, but if your prepared to take a loss then it should sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

NO I have not.
    Bit of a scary thought. Do you get a fair price for cars selling that way.

Any Idea what I would get for my car,

This is the car
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=802804

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think your car is worth €6.5k. and needs to be advertised under €7k regardless of what carzone prices are up.

(based on what I've sold Ibizas and Cordobas for, and how long it took to sell them)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

OK, here are a couple of simple pointers to improve your ad:

-Wash and polish the car before taking new photos.

-Remove the thing hanging from the rear view mirror and the red thing from the rear parcel shelf.

-Take pics against an attractive background - NO other cars, double yellow lines, pedestrians etc.

-Does it have a service history? If so mention it, many people won't even look at a car without one.

-Finally, it's bargain, not bargin.

Hope this helps, good luck with the sale.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Myself I would remove the "Owner living the country blabla..." sounds like you need to get the funck out of here ASAP cause you robbed a bank and need more cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

mick.fr wrote:
    Myself I would remove the "Owner living the country blabla..." sounds like you need to get the funck out of here ASAP cause you robbed a bank and need more cash.

I agree! it always asks the question Why you are leaving and While the buer does not have any come back in a private sale a lot of people don know that but if you are out of the country then they defo cant have any combak. i wouldn't say you are going travelling at all even when the ask you why you are selling. Upgrading is always a good enough reason for me.

oh and yes alll what anan said. Corect spellin is always good 2 - it gives a good impression of the seller. oh and as for mine well i type fast :D

as for the price well the worst cars always seem to be the chepest so i would be cautios as to why the price is so low even if you say you are leavin.

More spec - the more info you supply about the care the better list everting you can about it from cigarette lighter to leckey windows, the more ou write the more time someonw will spend lookin at yer car

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

Thanks for the help.

I thought having a good reason for sale would be a good sellling point.
    I have changed it around now a bit. Will get better pics up asap.

Dose anyone know of dealers who might take it. I'll give them a ring and see what I can get for it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Stick it up on as many sites as you can... you can put it up on mine :)

http://www.irishcartrades.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Leaving the country is a perfectly legitimate reason to sell a car. As a buyer, I'd probably be more inclined to check it out, as the seller probably has to consider a lower offer than if they were in a position to wait several weeks or months to sell the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

If I were you I wouldn't mention "leaving the country" part. Just have a reasonable price and lots of pictures.

Advertisement